Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250
Hey Guys,
I have come across some interesting discussion on Edgewood College for DBA. I am also potentially looking to get in to this program. 
Please help me with on few queries,
1. Does College provide the mentor for the research thesis
2. Who delivers the lectures? Upgrad or Edgewood?
3. Normally Doctoral course is of 3 yrs, is 2 yrs course recognised globally?
4. DBA course still not accredited by HLC (couldn’t find on HLC website). 
How is overall course content and literature availability. 
Thanks guys. Please help me out.

(08-17-2024, 08:50 AM)lidel Wrote: Hey everyone.

I just finished course #5 and wanted to give another quick update. This last course was on qualitative analysis. It was heavy on reading, very dry stuff, but fairly informative. The instructor was the Dean, and as always, her instructional videos and quizzes were excellent at bringing together the information presented in the materials. The final assignment built well on previous course content. The final marking was a little vague, just a grade and a line or two of input. 

I met with the Dean one-on-one to discuss the Doctoral program in general and provide student feedback. It shed a lot of light on the direction we will be going and what has happened to this point. Each course now offers at least one live group office hours Zoom call. Dr. Palmisano acknowledged that our cohort had a rough start, and they have since redesigned the first course to address those issues. Overall, it was a very positive meeting, and I am optimistic about the remaining courses and dissertation.

UpGrad is still UpGrad. They mean well but often needlessly overcomplicate things. I just engage them as little as possible. 

I'm enjoying the program and can't believe how fast the time is flying!

Okay. I'll see you all in about six weeks for input on the next course. Have a great day.

S
Thanks for providing insightful information. It gives me more confidence on enrolling to the course. 

Does the college provide mentor or supervisor for our research thesis? Do they help on publishing the articles and how is literature availability, I mean do they provide free access to some of the literature database such as Scorpus, Researchgate, Elsevier etc?

Thanks
(08-26-2024, 04:35 AM)prinalkapadi Wrote: Hey Guys,
I have come across some interesting discussion on Edgewood College for DBA. I am also potentially looking to get in to this program. 
Please help me with on few queries,
1. Does College provide the mentor for the research thesis
2. Who delivers the lectures? Upgrad or Edgewood?
3. Normally Doctoral course is of 3 yrs, is 2 yrs course recognised globally?
4. DBA course still not accredited by HLC (couldn’t find on HLC website). 
How is overall course content and literature availability. 
Thanks guys. Please help me out.

(08-17-2024, 08:50 AM)lidel Wrote: Hey everyone.

I just finished course #5 and wanted to give another quick update. This last course was on qualitative analysis. It was heavy on reading, very dry stuff, but fairly informative. The instructor was the Dean, and as always, her instructional videos and quizzes were excellent at bringing together the information presented in the materials. The final assignment built well on previous course content. The final marking was a little vague, just a grade and a line or two of input. 

I met with the Dean one-on-one to discuss the Doctoral program in general and provide student feedback. It shed a lot of light on the direction we will be going and what has happened to this point. Each course now offers at least one live group office hours Zoom call. Dr. Palmisano acknowledged that our cohort had a rough start, and they have since redesigned the first course to address those issues. Overall, it was a very positive meeting, and I am optimistic about the remaining courses and dissertation.

UpGrad is still UpGrad. They mean well but often needlessly overcomplicate things. I just engage them as little as possible. 

I'm enjoying the program and can't believe how fast the time is flying!

Okay. I'll see you all in about six weeks for input on the next course. Have a great day.

S
Thanks for providing insightful information. It gives me more confidence on enrolling to the course. 

Does the college provide mentor or supervisor for our research thesis? Do they help on publishing the articles and how is literature availability, I mean do they provide free access to some of the literature database such as Scorpus, Researchgate, Elsevier etc?

Thanks

Hi.

I'm glad to hear that my information has been helpful. Although my start was bumpy, it is steadily improving, and I feel that Edgewood has streamlined things since I began.

The college has submitted a questionnaire to each student that provides them with information about our intended dissertation. I only completed this a few weeks ago, so it is a work in progress. Based on my responses they will make suggestions on specific faculty best suited to be my applied doctoral research (ADR) chair. Several other faculty members on the ADR review committee will be chosen based on my topic. I can also identify an industry expert (with over 15 years of experience in the dissertation topic area) who can sit on the committee. The chair will be the main person I work with, and I believe would fill the mentor role. 

The lectures are provided by UpGrad professors only to this point. 

This 2 year course is accelerated so I think it still manages to squeeze in the typical 3 year content. Six week courses with only three small breaks throughout, most courses start the day after the previous course ends.

I'm not 100% sure about article publishing. Someone asked about this in a Zoom meeting, and my understanding was that there was no funding available, but I got the impression they could help the person in other areas. I wasn't paying attention that closely as it doesn't interest me. 

Regarding a literature database, we have full access to the college library which uses EBSCO to aggregate and provide access to articles. I have been able to use it to get my hands on just about any peer-reviewed journal article I have gone searching for, as well as many textbooks.

Back in January, I got the email message below from Edgewood. I am pretty sure I confirmed this on the HLC webpage at the time. They are also awaiting ACBSP accreditation, but I was told that it takes a couple more years as it can only be granted after they review graduated classes.

Join Edgewood College in celebrating our Doctorate in Business Administration degree's Higher Learning Commission (HLC) accreditation achievement!  The DBA program now joins our list of long-standing programs in accreditation. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist with!

S
Hello everyone!

I just started this program yesterday! I jumped into this program after reading up on Lidel's experience. I did opt into the MBA+DBA program since I figured adding 5 extra classes to earn a ACBSP accredited MBA wouldn't hurt. Educationally and professionally I have a business administration and government HR background, although my masters is STEM related. I have finished ENEB's MBA and Masters in Corporate Communications for fun and to collect grad credits. As a US student, there has been no mention of UpGrad. I am not sure if this is simply because I am just starting out in the program or if they only communicate directly with international students.

I am currently taking BUS 901 Introduction to Academic Scholarship in Business and BUS 606 Strategic Marketing. Both classes have about a dozen quizzes and then a final project that consists of a paper and a presentation, all due on the last day of class. No weekly deadlines or mandatory discussion boards! This seems like a very good program for working professionals! The lectures that I have listened to so far have been fast paced enough to not bore me and are great to put on in the background while I work. I haven't jumped into the reading material yet so I cannot speak on that.

I did have the option of transferring credits in from ENEB. Specifically, Strategic Marking, using an IEE evaluation. The caveat is that your evaluation has to grant you the full 3 credits. Edgewood would not round up credits for evaluation where 2.5 or 2.75 credits where granted. Any financial/accounting classes from ENEB were not acceptable to transfer due to them not focusing on the US finances. I decided not to transfer any credits in because I want the full experience, and am not paying out of pocket.
(08-27-2024, 07:44 AM)Al3xBurns Wrote: Hello everyone!

I just started this program yesterday! I jumped into this program after reading up on Lidel's experience. I did opt into the MBA+DBA program since I figured adding 5 extra classes to earn a ACBSP accredited MBA wouldn't hurt. Educationally and professionally I have a business administration and government HR background, although my masters is STEM related. I have finished ENEB's MBA and Masters in Corporate Communications for fun and to collect grad credits. As a US student, there has been no mention of UpGrad. I am not sure if this is simply because I am just starting out in the program or if they only communicate directly with international students.

I am currently taking BUS 901 Introduction to Academic Scholarship in Business and BUS 606 Strategic Marketing. Both classes have about a dozen quizzes and then a final project that consists of a paper and a presentation, all due on the last day of class. No weekly deadlines or mandatory discussion boards! This seems like a very good program for working professionals! The lectures that I have listened to so far have been fast paced enough to not bore me and are great to put on in the background while I work. I haven't jumped into the reading material yet so I cannot speak on that.

I did have the option of transferring credits in from ENEB. Specifically, Strategic Marking, using an IEE evaluation. The caveat is that your evaluation has to grant you the full 3 credits. Edgewood would not round up credits for evaluation where 2.5 or 2.75 credits where granted. Any financial/accounting classes from ENEB were not acceptable to transfer due to them not focusing on the US finances. I decided not to transfer any credits in because I want the full experience, and am not paying out of pocket.

Welcome to the program. 

My understanding was that the UpGrad-sponsored program was not available to US students, so unless they changed things, I have a feeling you are enrolled directly with Edgewood College. The course content should be the same, but the course timeline may be a little different, and you would be working directly through the University for everything. If anything that will be a smoother ride IMHO and offer you more flexibility.

I was tempted to do the same, but the deep discounts for international students made me bite the bullet and go the UpGrad route. I can't complain; aside from some TA marking, UpGrad has very little to do with anything education-wise with the program; they just kind of blunder along in the background. For instance, I got an UpGradnotice this morning, and my latest course is now live. Well, that's great, but it started on August 19, and I'm nine days in by now. Or they will notify you that your grades are posted a week after Edgewood has posted them and informed you through BlackBoard. 

Either way, it's great to see another board member join the program. All the best in your studies!

S
(08-27-2024, 08:26 AM)lidel Wrote:

Welcome to the program. 

My understanding was that the UpGrad-sponsored program was not available to US students, so unless they changed things, I have a feeling you are enrolled directly with Edgewood College. The course content should be the same, but the course timeline may be a little different, and you would be working directly through the University for everything. If anything that will be a smoother ride IMHO and offer you more flexibility.

I was tempted to do the same, but the deep discounts for international students made me bite the bullet and go the UpGrad route. I can't complain; aside from some TA marking, UpGrad has very little to do with anything education-wise with the program; they just kind of blunder along in the background. For instance, I got an UpGradnotice this morning, and my latest course is now live. Well, that's great, but it started on August 19, and I'm nine days in by now. Or they will notify you that your grades are posted a week after Edgewood has posted them and informed you through BlackBoard. 

Either way, it's great to see another board member join the program. All the best in your studies!

S

Hi

I tried to enrol directly with Edgewood but they redirected me to Upgrad. I think there is no option other than UpGrad for international students.
(08-28-2024, 11:49 AM)prinalkapadi Wrote:
(08-27-2024, 08:26 AM)lidel Wrote:

Welcome to the program. 

S

Hi

I tried to enrol directly with Edgewood but they redirected me to Upgrad. I think there is no option other than UpGrad for international students.

I was given the option to go direct with Edgewood on a phone interview with the Dean before enrolling, but they clarified that it would be full price tuition. That pretty much settled it for me. We didn't take it any further, and it likely would have been rejected at some level if I had chosen that option, as I'm in Canada.

S
I have secured my place for Sept cohort today. Though I have only option to enroll through Upgrad and I readily take it as i found the course content and timeline suit me.
[-] The following 2 users Like prinalkapadi's post:
  • jg_nuy, lidel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South College DBA Journey Completed maxxor6868 8 414 09-07-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  South College DBA cc95 90 7,118 09-06-2024, 06:32 AM
Last Post: cc95
  South College announces competency-based DBA jsd 112 20,852 04-08-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 12 1,684 04-06-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Competency-Based EdD at South College sanantone 39 13,587 04-03-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: maguirewj
  UpGrad DBA Golden Gate U - 70% scholarships for 5,000 students smartdegree 81 14,128 02-22-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 37 6,184 02-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  New Video from South College about CBE Doctorates NotJoeBiden 0 593 02-14-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  New DBA on Upgrad by ESGCI OtterDen 34 6,891 09-06-2023, 09:47 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Cost of South College DBA program? EducationSeeker 16 3,961 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM