Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP Planned But Not Registered/Scheduled
I seem to be stuck in a loop and can't figure out how to register for a TECEP under the new Self Service options.

I have (eventually) found the "correct" Medical Terminology TECEP and have added it so that it now shows as Planned in my October session.

How do I now register so that I can pay and become enrolled? All the info I can find seems to describe the old menus.

Thank you anyone that can put me out of my misery!
B.A. Liberal Studies (Completed: 2015) - Thomas Edison State College
Do you have any TECEPs already registered in the Sept or Oct terms?  If so, how many credits?  Hmm, seems you're stuck at one location and not selecting the second step or the menu is greyed out but you didn't mention that..  Refer to this screenshot here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid403999

When you're in this schedule window, click the + sign to add November 2023 and search for Medical Terminology on the upper right corner.  Select the OTA (TECEP) option from the two you see, add it to the plans.  Is the register button greyed out?  Mine is greyed out... That's because I have too many credits already and it can't overlap within those 3 months... I have 4 in Sept, 3 in Oct, it won't let me register this Medical Terminology in November.

If you don't have any TECEPs for Sept, Oct, and this is your only one, you need to email advising to inform them something is wrong with the account.  They'll fix it for you and reply back.  It's interesting you're getting this, but without a screenshot, or a mention that it's greyed out, it could be something else... On the upper right, is there any notice to inform you to contact advising for registration issues?

Oh, I know, you mentioned October... it's started already and past registration, you need November now, that's the fix!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • mog538
Full instructions are here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TE...structions

Make sure to follow everything, including agreeing to the TOS or whatever. That's what got me stuck the first time I used the new site.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • mog538
Grr, they dropped me from one of the TECEPs without notice. I guess it didn't fit into the degree plan, but I wish they'd have reached out so I could have swapped to one that worked.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(09-26-2023, 10:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Do you have any TECEPs already registered in the Sept or Oct terms?  If so, how many credits?  Hmm, seems you're stuck at one location and not selecting the second step or the menu is greyed out but you didn't mention that..  Refer to this screenshot here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid403999

When you're in this schedule window, click the + sign to add November 2023 and search for Medical Terminology on the upper right corner.  Select the OTA (TECEP) option from the two you see, add it to the plans.  Is the register button greyed out?  Mine is greyed out... That's because I have too many credits already and it can't overlap within those 3 months... I have 4 in Sept, 3 in Oct, it won't let me register this Medical Terminology in November.

If you don't have any TECEPs for Sept, Oct, and this is your only one, you need to email advising to inform them something is wrong with the account.  They'll fix it for you and reply back.  It's interesting you're getting this, but without a screenshot, or a mention that it's greyed out, it could be something else... On the upper right, is there any notice to inform you to contact advising for registration issues?

Oh, I know, you mentioned October... it's started already and past registration, you need November now, that's the fix!

Thank you BJCheung77! Now that I have chosen the November session for the TECEP, I can see the Register button! I didn't realise I was too late for the October session.

(09-27-2023, 02:00 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Full instructions are here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TE...structions

Make sure to follow everything, including agreeing to the TOS or whatever. That's what got me stuck the first time I used the new site.

Thank you Rachel83Az, I had glanced at the instructions but saw the August update and the old menu's and wasn't sure if I was missing something for the new interface on TESU's sites.

Bummer they dropped and didn't tell you - it seems they are reaching out to some people and not to others.
B.A. Liberal Studies (Completed: 2015) - Thomas Edison State College
(09-27-2023, 09:06 AM)mog538 Wrote: Thank you BJCheung77! Now that I have chosen the November session for the TECEP, I can see the Register button! I didn't realise I was too late for the October session.

You're welcome! Yeah, I went through the steps to add the Medical Terminology and noticed I selected November...

(09-27-2023, 06:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Grr, they dropped me from one of the TECEPs without notice. I guess it didn't fit into the degree plan, but I wish they'd have reached out so I could have swapped to one that worked.

You should have received an email about the TECEP, I did for my Sept one and corrected it right away by adding two certs, if this was for your Sept or October TECEP, you may want tot email advising or higher to see if they can re-instate that for you.

(09-27-2023, 10:10 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 06:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Grr, they dropped me from one of the TECEPs without notice. I guess it didn't fit into the degree plan, but I wish they'd have reached out so I could have swapped to one that worked.

You should have received an email about the TECEP, I did for my Sept one and corrected it right away by adding two certs, if this was for your Sept or October TECEP, you may want tot email advising or higher to see if they can re-instate that for you.

Should have, didn't. I searched my email and all I have is a very generic email from earlier this month about "you have added or dropped a class" which I got about when I was signing up for the October TECEPs. I know I looked at my list after that date and the TECEP was still listed there. So I'm not even sure that the email is about them removing the TECEP. It's very weird.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Yeah, this is the email I got for my Sept TECEP and a deregistration one too:

TESU - TECEP Scholarship Process

Good afternoon:

We are excited to be able to offer the opportunity to earn credits towards your degree at no cost to you by way of the TECEP Scholarship! You may have received a deregistration email for the TECEP you selected. This is due to the exam not qualifying towards your degree plan. You can still take advantage of the scholarship by ensuring the selected exam fits into your program. As noted on our website:

Currently enrolled TESU students cannot register for courses that do not fit into their degree program. Please be sure to check with the TESU Advising Team to ensure that selected TECEP exams will satisfy your degree program before registering. TECEPs that do not fit into your active degree will automatically be dropped.

Please contact the Office of Academic Advising to ensure the TECEP will satisfy your degree requirements.

Best,

Mine is nothing like that. It's just a generic automatic email.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Got a 94% on Network Technology TECEP! azmusic 2 107 Yesterday, 08:42 PM
Last Post: azmusic
  TECEP dates wow 2 130 10-20-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 624 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 729 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 739 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 928 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 1,294 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
  Free TECEP® Exams Available Now (?) doom 128 20,871 10-02-2023, 11:21 AM
  Date Range for TECEP Exam bradonomics 9 1,086 09-23-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bradonomics
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 8,853 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP