Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed EC Ethics
dancingal979 Wrote:I took the exam a few days ago and got a BBig Grin . I bought 'The Complete Idiot's Guide to Ethics' for $20, which was really good. And I bought the practice exams, took them and reviewed them each a couple times. Those were DEFINTELY useful, and one of the scenarios on the practice exam was on my actual exam, so I was able to fly through 7 questions knowing what the answers were! I'm a science girl so I found ethics to be more difficult, and reviewing the practice exams and the explanations of the answers really made a huge difference.

Welcome, dancingal979! Congratulations on a job well done!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Does the exam mention anything about David Hume?
Passed:

DSSTs
Here's to Your Health-LL 3, Lifespan Dev.-LL 3,Principles of Public Speaking-LL 3

CLEPs
College Comp Modular-LL 3 01-Jul-10, Freshman Comp-LL 6, College Math-LL 6, Humanities-LL 6, Information Systems & Computer Applications-LL 3

Human Resource Mgmt A.A. (CCAF):patriot:
General Studies B.S. AMU (Currently working on)banghead
Hume wasn't mentioned by name in mine, but be familiar with his concepts. Also be familiar with Kant, he was all over the place in my exam.

And thanks Sunshine!! Smile
Took this exam today, and got a B!!!!!!! It was very hard, but the word hard doesnt really mean anything in ethics.LOL

I took the Dantes Ethics in America earlier in the month, got 399, needed 400.

For some people, ethics is a breeze, but for me ......NOT!!!!!

Know definition of ethics, metaethics, all the theories.

Take the practice exams. Pick them apart(rationales)

I must have done something right, I got a B.
Thanks for the post in this thread.
I too scored 399 on the DANTES Mon, drives me crazy!
So you think the practice exams and the IC will do the trick for the EC?

Good Luck to you
sorry to hear of the 399 score... I know those are the most painful.. good luck with your ECE
Passed the ECE Ethics exam today with a B from a week of IC study. Wanted an A, but a B is better than a C or Fail. I primarily used IC and used the free ECE study sheetes on the college website to look up terms. If I had bought the practice exams from EC and have put a few more days study I could have got an A. This is not a hard test but sometimes what they are asking for can be obscure. You really need to know your concepts and do the practice scenarios.
moved to new thread.

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post48476
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)
Did you take Ethics in America (DSST) to prepare for Ethics, Theory and Practice (ECE)?

Thank you!
Hagadah,

I am taking both ( Dantes & ECE) of the Ethics exams because they are so close in content that I figure , why not try to get 6 credits since I am already studying the material.

I may not be able to use the lower level credits for my current degree but it never hurts to have extra college credits. Also if I pass the exams I can submit to get reimbursed from my employer for the cost of the exams.

peace123
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 9 1,710 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 816 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 940 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 2,071 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,799 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 921 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Institutes Ethics Dowew 14 3,287 06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Biz Ethics UL vs SL Biz Ethics LL? etc. SCYankee 8 1,753 02-27-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Any suggestions for Ethics ChilliDawg 16 4,951 10-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Insurance Ethics from The Institutes question Idreamofadegree 4 1,576 07-12-2019, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Idreamofadegree