Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed EC Ethics
Passed EC Ethics today with an A. My recommendation is to know the instacert material, and most definately spend the bucks for the EC practice exam. On my exam, almost 1/2 of the scenerios were word for word right off the practice exams (the questions themselves were a little different). Overall, this exam wasn't too difficult. Just be sure to know the basics- like utilitarianism, kantianism, existentialism. Follow the exam outline. Four classes to go! Next up- Principles of Finance. I was going to take a bricks and mortar class, but now I'm thinking about the DSST exam.Rolleyes
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???
[SIZE="4"]Congratulations on passing![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]
BS in Accounting(General) from Excelsior College
Enrolled in MBA program at Upper Iowa University.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Might as well add Statistics to that DSST maybe list as well. Search this site for tips. Many have passed the test. Seems like there are few hard core calculation questions and if you have a calculator that does the hard stuff you should be good.

If you can wait a few weeks to decide I'm taking that test next and can give feedback.
Dale H.
half way...
Enrolled - BS-BGB Excelsior
Completed - 65 credits
Togo - 4 CLEP, 6 DSST, 2 ECE, 1 EC Course, 1 TECEP
Congratulations!
Congrats!

I passed ECE Ethics today, too! VERY L-O-N-G test, 140 questions, and it took me about 2hrs 15 mins to finish. Not much to add, other than DO opt for the Practice exams. They are worth every penny.
hunter2115 Wrote:Passed EC Ethics today with an A.

[SIZE="7"]
Congrats on your A!!
[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
hunter2115 Wrote:Passed EC Ethics today with an A. My recommendation is to know the instacert material, and most definately spend the bucks for the EC practice exam. On my exam, almost 1/2 of the scenerios were word for word right off the practice exams (the questions themselves were a little different). Overall, this exam wasn't too difficult. Just be sure to know the basics- like utilitarianism, kantianism, existentialism. Follow the exam outline. Four classes to go! Next up- Principles of Finance. I was going to take a bricks and mortar class, but now I'm thinking about the DSST exam.Rolleyes

I used just the IC material for this and the DSST Ethics test, I got a B on both so spending the money on the practice tests just may be what one needs to get the coveted A. Congratulations!
I took this exam this morning and ran out of time with like 10 questions to go. Do the ECE exams give a penalty for wrong answers? I believe dantes and clep stopped doing that but im not sure with excelsior exams. I just filled out ovals for the last 10 right when i ran out of time.

Like a few people mentioned...I got real weary of the theory questions. Understanding and then answering questions based on a full page description is no fun..well not for me anyway. It was a tough day for a test. I got a 70 on the dantes ethics exam..Im hoping I passed this one! I may have been a little overconfident that I knew everything. Im wondering if I somehow got the new version of this exam. I took the ece practice tests and the exam i took just seemed to focus on different information. Maybe my head was in outerspace when i took it..not sure.
You'll probably come out fine. EC exams are funny like that. I went into the HRM exam feeling confident, thought I did well... then got a C- the worst grade I've received in any college course! But I took the credits and moved on. Keep your eye on the goal!
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???
I took EC Ethics yesterday and came out with a "B". I had already taken DANTES Ethics, so that gave me a good foundation to start with for this exam. (However, I wouldn't necessarily say it would be a requirement to take that test first in order to do well on this one.)

I totally concur with everyone who has posted here about taking practice exams that are offered by Excelsior for $60 - they were TOTALLY worth it (you get 2 exams). I personally felt that the practice exams were even tougher than the REAL exam, but they prepared me VERY well for the real thing. To me, one of the most helpful aspects of the practice exams was the amount of information they gave you on WHY an answer was correct and not correct. I learned a great deal from taking these mock exams and then reviewing them again and again.

My exam had a LOT of questions to do with the following:
  • utilitarianism
  • naturalism (natural law)
  • social contract
  • Kant (know a lot about Kantiasm)
  • relativism
  • existentialism
  • nihilism
  • specieism
  • metaethics
  • autonomy
  • beneficence
  • anthropocentric
  • ethical egotist
  • ecofeminism

All in all, not a bad exam and IMHO much more "doable" than an upper level exam like DANTES Money & Banking.

JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 9 1,704 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 814 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 939 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 2,071 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,798 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 921 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Institutes Ethics Dowew 14 3,275 06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Biz Ethics UL vs SL Biz Ethics LL? etc. SCYankee 8 1,752 02-27-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Any suggestions for Ethics ChilliDawg 16 4,949 10-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Insurance Ethics from The Institutes question Idreamofadegree 4 1,564 07-12-2019, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Idreamofadegree