Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help figuring out how to finally obtain Bachelors, advice appreciated
You all have been so helpful already. I’m trying to now figure out how my credits might look for TESU (I’m still waiting to hear back from WGU about what switching my major would look like there). For TESU BLS Comp Sci I think I’m missing:
- COM 209
- SOS 110
- 6 credits for I B
- I think HIS 101, ENG 205, PHI 101, HIS 201, MGT 270 meet I C?
- for I D would CPT 102 and CPT 264 fit?
- do I have anything that fits for II A? 
- I don’t fully understand II B, do I have anything that would fit here?
- need to do LIB 495
- would my other 30 credits of electives be met for III?

Thanks for input!

(05-25-2023, 04:55 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 03:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You need both macro and micro economics for it to count for a UMPI business degree. If you only have macro, take micro at Sophia.

Originally I transferred only macro from Sophia, and it came in as ECO 207. Later I transferred micro from Sophia, but that came in as ECO 207, while macro changed to an elective. So maybe macro is enough? But that was probably just an anomaly.
Where did they slot the macro originally? Thanks!
I wouldn't go with the BALS Comp Sci at TESU. It's one of the more difficult BALS degrees, as far as requirements go, and you essentially get none of the benefits of a Comp Sci degree. Either get the real BACS or a straight BALS with no concentration. Or the Natural Science & Mathematics concentration.

If you're afraid of Calculus, I think you should at least try Precalc/Calculus on Sophia before giving up. Sophia is not that bad for math classes.

Also, make sure you're looking at https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and not the official TESU site. The wiki is a bit clearer on what's allowed/accepted and what's not. For instance, COM-2090 - Public Speaking: Take Presentation Skills in the Workplace from Study.com instead of Public Speaking from anywhere else. It's the easiest way to meet the requirement. Pretty much anything at Sophia or Study.com is going to be a good choice over anything from TESU itself.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-26-2023, 08:54 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I wouldn't go with the BALS Comp Sci at TESU. It's one of the more difficult BALS degrees, as far as requirements go, and you essentially get none of the benefits of a Comp Sci degree. Either get the real BACS or a straight BALS with no concentration. Or the Natural Science & Mathematics concentration.

If you're afraid of Calculus, I think you should at least try Precalc/Calculus on Sophia before giving up. Sophia is not that bad for math classes.

Also, make sure you're looking at https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and not the official TESU site. The wiki is a bit clearer on what's allowed/accepted and what's not. For instance, COM-2090 - Public Speaking: Take Presentation Skills in the Workplace from Study.com instead of Public Speaking from anywhere else. It's the easiest way to meet the requirement. Pretty much anything at Sophia or Study.com is going to be a good choice over anything from TESU itself.
Thanks for this feedback. Between the 3 previously suggested (UMPI, TESU, Excelsior), does a particular degree from one of them (or elsewhere) stand out as closer to complete with my credits now listed? That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out—which direction would require the least new credits or effort/time/$.
I don't see any upper-level credits earned (though I could be mistaken), so Excelsior is probably slightly further away than either TESU or UMPI. Excelsior requires 30 UL credits. They also charge you $300 for each evaluation after the first, so it can quickly get expensive if you're not able to hit their requirements after the first or second evaluation.

Your CompTIA certificates may be worth credits at TESU, depending on when they were completed: https://www2.tesu.edu/oplr/company.php?client=CompTIA I think these would count as Additional AOS Electives for a BACS at TESU? Your CPT courses will most likely count as LL electives/requirements for the BACS, too.

For UMPI, I don't think you're that close right now, but you could easily fill in the missing GEC requirements with a 1-2 month subscription to Sophia. You would, at the very least, need: 2 sciences (one physical, one biological), 1 science lab, 1 foreign language.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(05-26-2023, 07:54 AM)dadof3 Wrote: Where did they slot the macro originally? Thanks!

Sophia macro came in as ECO 207 by itself. I expected it to come in as an elective because you're supposed to have both micro and macro, but I only had macro. You can always try and see how your macro transfers in; you could be lucky and have it come in as ECO 207, but it will probably come in as an elective. If so, then as Rachel suggested you can complete micro at Sophia and transfer that to get the ECO 207 credit.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
@dadof3, you're pretty much 'stranded' and similar distance to finishing at any of the three... You'll need about the same energy, time to complete a degree at any of them. Most of the time, people focus on the credits and wanting to transfer in the max, thinking that would bring them closer. It really boils down to the last 30 credits, where you can finish fastest... You need to create a spreadsheet of all 3 universities you want to continue at and then place the credits you have remaining. In brief, depending on your energy, time allocated to complete the journey, it'll be close to this...

Excelsior - 8 weeks ACE/NCCRS, 8 weeks Info Lit/Cornerstone, 8 weeks Capstone, example time of 24 weeks. Cost is $4K at EU plus whatever you will be paying for ACE/NCCRS, you can take from several providers to get the 24 UL you need, plus cornerstone/capstone.

TESU - 8 weeks ACE/NCCRS, 12 weeks for Cornerstone/Capstone combo with an example time of 20 weeks. Cost is $3K plus another $3288 for the residency waiver fee, unless you decide to play with 16 credits in the 12 week term. I think it's too much for most people to complete 16 credits.

UMPI - 4 weeks ACE credits for up to 90 credit transfer, 7 weeks first session, if you need a second session, another 7 weeks. Each session is $1400, pretend it'll take two sessions. You're looking at 18 weeks total for example and you're paying $2800 at UMPI plus anything else you need for the ACE credits.

Just by looking at that, you most likely get the best bang for the buck with transferring your remaining credits to UMPI from Sophia or another provider (1 month at $99 may do the trick). Complete the remaining credits in two sessions, if you need a third for some odd reason, you're just at $4200 and at 25 weeks total time. My recommendation once again is UMPI BABA PM&IS...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-26-2023, 10:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @dadof3, you're pretty much 'stranded' and similar distance to finishing at any of the three... You'll need about the same energy, time to complete a degree at any of them. Most of the time, people focus on the credits and wanting to transfer in the max, thinking that would bring them closer.  It really boils down to the last 30 credits, where you can finish fastest... You need to create a spreadsheet of all 3 universities you want to continue at and then place the credits you have remaining.  In brief, depending on your energy, time allocated to complete the journey, it'll be close to this...

Excelsior - 8 weeks ACE/NCCRS, 8 weeks Info Lit/Cornerstone, 8 weeks Capstone, example time of 24 weeks.  Cost is $4K at EU plus whatever you will be paying for ACE/NCCRS, you can take from several providers to get the 24 UL you need, plus cornerstone/capstone.

TESU - 8 weeks ACE/NCCRS, 12 weeks for Cornerstone/Capstone combo with an example time of 20 weeks.  Cost is $3K plus another $3288 for the residency waiver fee, unless you decide to play with 16 credits in the 12 week term.  I think it's too much for most people to complete 16 credits.

UMPI - 4 weeks ACE credits for up to 90 credit transfer, 7 weeks first session, if you need a second session, another 7 weeks.  Each session is $1400, pretend it'll take two sessions.  You're looking at 18 weeks total for example and you're paying $2800 at UMPI plus anything else you need for the ACE credits.

Just by looking at that, you most likely get the best bang for the buck with transferring your remaining credits to UMPI from Sophia or another provider (1 month at $99 may do the trick).  Complete the remaining credits in two sessions, if you need a third for some odd reason, you're just at $4200 and at 25 weeks total time.  My recommendation once again is UMPI BABA PM&IS...

Thanks, this is a lot easier to grasp written out like this.

Does this look about right for the BABA PM&IS?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
dadof3 Wrote:Thanks, this is a lot easier to grasp written out like this.

Yes, Similar to that, I would reference the WIKI here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Make sure to take all the required Coursera and/or Sophia.org, then move to Study.com and finish at UMPI
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-26-2023, 11:57 AM)dadof3 Wrote: Thanks, this is a lot easier to grasp written out like this.

BUS 141 I would do Sophia Project Management since that is a fast course

Also, do Sophia business law for one of your UL electives

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UMPI_BLS_Management_Degree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
Do NOT do Sophia's Project Management if you are going for the BABA Project Management. You will be missing crucial information that will slow you down when you take the two successive UL Project Management courses at UMPI.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 156 Yesterday, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 10 222 09-23-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 305 09-23-2024, 10:56 PM
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 263 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 278 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 561 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 11 1,193 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
  aiming for acupuncture degree, need help with CBE bachelors plan teadrinker000 16 634 09-01-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  DSST testing advice (for beginner) audpants 2 193 08-26-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 18 1,346 08-26-2024, 09:00 AM