Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread
Not much to report as I am a week into month 4.

I submitted my case briefs last month and they came back as a pass, so the "busy work" is done and I'm focusing on observing the law and figuring out how to write for law essays exams (such that the school uses for their exams and that the bar uses). I'm completely off of the school's suggested study plan in favor of trying to focus on one topic at a time. I'm just about done with the first round of Contracts lectures and have a decent foundation there. I'll move on to another topic soon, but will definitely need a lot more review on contracts in the future to get any mastery of it.

It's all very overwhelming still, but I'm still enjoying it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 4 users Like jsd's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, MFG, Nemfis, ss20ts
Thanks for keeping us updated!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
I'm curious if you have an update. I just applied.....a little worried about how I'm going to manage it but....
[-] The following 1 user Likes CM1999's post:
  • MFG
(02-20-2023, 08:25 PM)lisarox Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 04:47 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 12:19 AM)ashkir Wrote: I'm interested in following this journey. I always thought it'd be fun to go into law, especially Water Law as that is a huge portion of California law.

I like Tree Law. Tree Law is fun, IMO, but rarely talked about outside of certain circles. I'm not sure I'd have as much fun reading the actual legal codes that Tree Law is based on, however.
r/treelaw

It depends on the branch studied, of course.
#TreeLivesMatter
Ongoing:
MBA/MA Philosophy.
University of Mary, North Dakota.2024-

MLS Public Administration.
Interdisciplinary Liberal and Political Science Studies.
Fort Hays State University, Kansas. 2025-

Completed:
BA. Business, Economics, Education Studies, Psychology. 
Minors in Philosophy/History, Mathematics/Natural Sciences. 
USNY Regents College (now Excelsior University), New York. 1979, revalidated 1988.

Self-Development:
Associate Arts/Sciences-level studies. Philosophy, Government, Sociology, Computers. 
St. Petersburg College, Florida. 2013-2019.
(02-01-2023, 07:07 PM)jsd Wrote: RE: As I stated in this thread a couple weeks ago, I was really tempted by the NWCU School of Law online law degree...  I finally gave in and I'm going for it. I officially enrolled and my start date is Feb 10th.

After finishing my 3rd Bachelors in Nov, it's been a little boring... so I decided to torture myself and make things very difficult for myself by jumping into law school... what could go wrong?  Tongue

jsd, I'll be following your experiences with interest. No detail too minor as far as I'm concerned. Tell all.

Reason: Am considering.

BTW, can anyone tell me how the Signature function functions?
I see people putting in their educational backgrounds as signature.
What am I missing?
Thanks!
Ongoing:
MBA/MA Philosophy.
University of Mary, North Dakota.2024-

MLS Public Administration.
Interdisciplinary Liberal and Political Science Studies.
Fort Hays State University, Kansas. 2025-

Completed:
BA. Business, Economics, Education Studies, Psychology. 
Minors in Philosophy/History, Mathematics/Natural Sciences. 
USNY Regents College (now Excelsior University), New York. 1979, revalidated 1988.

Self-Development:
Associate Arts/Sciences-level studies. Philosophy, Government, Sociology, Computers. 
St. Petersburg College, Florida. 2013-2019.
@MFG, On your screen, do the following:
Upper Left Menu, click User CP.
Under Your Profile, Change Signature
There is a 1000 character maximum I think.
Yes, a Max. length is 1000 characters
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MFG
Oh hey, it's me, from before. it's been a while.

Just popping in to give a quick update, not sure I'll stick around too much.

Yesterday I received my final exam grades back -- I passed my 1L courses and will be starting up 2L at the end of March!

This past year has been a mess and really hard on me, it was difficult to juggle some family problems and this program at times. But I survived and made it through year 1. My grades are garbage, which was kind of an ego blow after finishing Georgia Tech with a 4.0, but a pass is a pass. I'll take it. Some of those poor grades were because of the trouble I had juggling my personal struggles with school stuff, but probably a bigger portion is simply that this program is hard. (law school, hard? who would have thought  Tongue )

2L classes don't seem as interesting as 1L, but maybe it'll be a little easier this time around because I know more about how the school works. 

Anyway, I'm alive and moving on full steam ahead. Hope you are all well and happy.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

[-] The following 4 users Like jsd's post:
  • jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, MFG, Nemfis
(02-22-2024, 07:49 PM)jsd Wrote: Oh hey, it's me, from before. it's been a while.

Yesterday I received my final exam grades back -- I passed my 1L courses and will be starting up 2L at the end of March!

This past year has been a mess and really hard on me, it was difficult to juggle some family problems and this program at times. But I survived and made it through year 1. My grades are garbage, which was kind of an ego blow after finishing Georgia Tech with a 4.0, but a pass is a pass. I'll take it. Some of those poor grades were because of the trouble I had juggling my personal struggles with school stuff, but probably a bigger portion is simply that this program is hard. (law school, hard? who would have thought  Tongue )

2L classes don't seem as interesting as 1L, but maybe it'll be a little easier this time around because I know more about how the school works. 

Anyway, I'm alive and moving on full steam ahead. Hope you are all well and happy.
Thanks for giving us an update! I have heard that grades in law school average one to two letter grades less than most people get in their undergrad. Have you gathered from other students how much of a drop they experienced in the program compared to undergrad on average at that school?
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(02-22-2024, 07:49 PM)jsd Wrote: Oh hey, it's me, from before. it's been a while.

Are grades curved like they are in most ABA schools?
(02-22-2024, 10:25 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: Have you gathered from other students how much of a drop they experienced in the program compared to undergrad on average at that school?

People seem to mostly keep them grades to themselves, but all seem to be pretty disappointed by them in general, haha. 

(02-23-2024, 12:01 AM)lincolnlawyer Wrote: Are grades curved like they are in most ABA schools?

No, at least not in a traditional sense. Their course are asynchronous with rolling enrollment, so there's no cohort on the same schedule as you that you could practically curve the grades against. But they do seem to ensure that grades trend towards Cs.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • MFG, Nemfis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,268 747,551 4 hours ago
Last Post: Jujubee1990
  MSc Data Science - University Of Colorado Boulder tuckerarabi786 11 3,024 10-04-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 10 1,637 09-28-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 98 17,537 09-28-2024, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Central Washington University (CWU) FlexIT Pro dbmw 3 358 09-23-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon to Amberton University ss20ts 0 260 09-23-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is Swiss School of management Accredited? soulblader 5 2,469 09-23-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: elbulk
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 133 24,142 09-12-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  B School that Allows Undergrad to take Grad Courses SophiaPrincess 9 495 09-12-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: withrown
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,638 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree