Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st
(11-04-2022, 06:27 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Update as I just started Month 2 of my MSML program:

Finished 7 classes.
2 more classes to go: 1 test class (pretty difficult test), 1 group class which starts on a specific date
+ the Touchstone.

I have had a lot going on in my life so I have been going at a slower pace. My goal is to focus on passing the test class and get started on the Touchstone ASAP and be done by the Thanksgiving holiday if I can.

Wow! You're doing awesome! Two months and you've already completed 7 classes? That's amazing. Keep up the great work!
You're pacing yourself perfectly! I wouldn't put yourself in any stress trying to complete this quickly, but if you can do it, shoot for the finish line by that particular date. You still have your paid 'subscription' for the 6-month term, great work, good luck!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Update --
I am in week 6, officially 40 days in and I am at 8/10 classes done.

I am working on the Capstone right now and have to wait for my final class to start Monday. It is a group class so it is the only class that starts on a specific date.

My goal is to finish the Capstone by this weekend and then cruise through the group class at whatever pace that goes.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 3 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • LevelUP, origamishuttle, ss20ts
Just passed my Capstone! Now all that is left is the group project.
That may take 2 weeks, depending on the group!

So excited to have this weight off my shoulders.

Attached is a photo of my progression.

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 11.20.42 AM.png (Size: 104.17 KB / Downloads: 50)
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
[-] The following 3 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • origamishuttle, ss20ts, wildebeest
(11-13-2022, 01:05 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Just passed my Capstone! Now all that is left is the group project.

Huge congrats. The speed with which you worked through those courses is pretty incredible! I'm on week thirteen of my first of three semesters (four if you count summer), and I must admit, as much as I like my program, I kinda wish I could get through my degree at the rate you've done yours. Well done!
[-] The following 2 users Like wildebeest's post:
  • mohelena02, origamishuttle
(11-13-2022, 06:08 PM)wildebeest Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 01:05 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Just passed my Capstone! Now all that is left is the group project.

Huge congrats. The speed with which you worked through those courses is pretty incredible! I'm on week thirteen of my first of three semesters (four if you count summer), and I must admit, as much as I like my program, I kinda wish I could get through my degree at the rate you've done yours. Well done!

Thank you! To be fair, my undergrad was in the same exact topic and I have been in management for over 15 years, so the stars all aligned for me to achieve this speed!
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
[-] The following 1 user Likes mohelena02's post:
  • origamishuttle
(11-13-2022, 06:17 PM)mohelena02 Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 06:08 PM)wildebeest Wrote:

Thank you! To be fair, my undergrad was in the same exact topic and I have been in management for over 15 years, so the stars all aligned for me to achieve this speed!

Congrats, are you going to stay with WGU for MBA? or you are going to another university for your MBA.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Update -- fully finished today. Took 51 days, mostly due to the group project having to start on a specific date and then having to go by the pace of the group. 

My term doesn't end until March, so I am going to take some time to think through what I want to do next. Maybe the MBA, or a Doctorate or a PhD.
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • LevelUP, wildebeest
(11-21-2022, 03:24 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Update -- fully finished today. Took 51 days, mostly due to the group project having to start on a specific date and then having to go by the pace of the group. 

My term doesn't end until March, so I am going to take some time to think through what I want to do next. Maybe the MBA, or a Doctorate or a PhD.

You flew through that pretty quickly.

Time to relax for the rest of 2022, you earned it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-21-2022, 03:24 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Update -- fully finished today. Took 51 days, mostly due to the group project having to start on a specific date and then having to go by the pace of the group. 

I want to know why you choose WGU MSML than WGU MBA. Did you find more value WGU MSML than WGU MBA? I have some alumni student that consider to get WGU MSML. I do not know if i will find value, if I finish my current MBA.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 31 7,231 07-28-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 5,887 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 2,543 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Online JD Starting Fall 2023 - 1-week residency sanantone 2 976 12-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,934 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 2,262 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 7,520 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,546 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,560 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,687 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100