Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st
(10-09-2022, 12:18 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Did you apply for and get the WGU $2500 Back to School Scholarship?

They give you $625 per term, which would lower the cost to $3905.

I did apply for it but did not get it. I ended up getting an American Dream scholarship, I think that is the name, which gave me $1,000 per term, which I am extremely thankful for, the biggest 'break' I have gotten in tuition help so far. The scholarship is for three terms, so I need to ask them if it could apply to a new degree (the MBA) or not. That would definitely make an impact on wether or not I pursue it after the MSML.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • LevelUP, ss20ts
(10-08-2022, 09:21 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Update:

I started Oct 1st which was Saturday. Sunday through Monday I was brought down by a short term illness and couldn't do any work. I hustled back up and was able to finish two courses that required two papers each by today (Saturday.)

So week 1 and I am down two courses. My original goal was to finish 1 class in week one so I am happy that I am going faster.

On the Facebook group for this program people are accelerating it by a lot, some have finished 4 classes already and started Oct 1st, so I like lurking on there to stay motivated.

I not only want to finish this by six months to not pay more, but the sooner I finish it the better so I can pursue other goals I have personally.
Curious what the length of the 4 papers were required for the 2 courses? Just tossing the idea around of the MSML since I just finished at UMPI. Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jennr2z's post:
  • Vle045
(10-11-2022, 01:32 AM)Jennr2z Wrote:

I started Oct 1st which was Saturday. Sunday through Monday I was brought down by a short term illness and couldn't do any work. I hustled back up and was able to finish two courses that required two papers each by today (Saturday.)

So week 1 and I am down two courses. My original goal was to finish 1 class in week one so I am happy that I am going faster.

On the Facebook group for this program people are accelerating it by a lot, some have finished 4 classes already and started Oct 1st, so I like lurking on there to stay motivated.

I not only want to finish this by six months to not pay more, but the sooner I finish it the better so I can pursue other goals I have personally.
Curious what the length of the 4 papers were required for the 2 courses? Just tossing the idea around of the MSML since I just finished at UMPI. Thanks!

I'm also interested in the length of the papers. I'm considering the WGU MSML and/or MBA, after I finish my current doctoral program.

Thank you for sharing your journey! Do you mind sharing how much time a week you are devoting to this WGU masters? On the website it says that 70% of students finish under 20 months. You are talking about finishing in 6 months. Are you working on this 40 hours a week to get it done like that? 

Also, have you heard of people finishing the Masters in Learning Experience Design and Educational Technology (Education department) in that kind of short time frame? How would I go about finding people who have done that? I would do WGU if I knew for sure I could get it done in 6 months. I am a good learner, but I don't have any background for business. Do you think the Management/Leadership degree needs a business background to finish it so quickly? I have a bachelors in engineering. I am currently supporting students and building coursework online at a small college. I feel like the learning design masters would be a better fit with what I am doing right now, but I haven't seen anyone on here post about finishing that in 6 months.

So far I had 2 papers that had to be within 6-10 pages and 2 papers that had to be within 10-15 pages.

(10-12-2022, 02:13 PM)countertenor Wrote:

I'm also interested in the length of the papers. I'm considering the WGU MSML and/or MBA, after I finish my current doctoral program.

So far I had 2 papers that had to be within 6-10 pages and 2 papers that had to be within 10-15 pages.

(10-15-2022, 09:26 PM)inoele Wrote:

Thank you for sharing your journey! Do you mind sharing how much time a week you are devoting to this WGU masters? On the website it says that 70% of students finish under 20 months. You are talking about finishing in 6 months. Are you working on this 40 hours a week to get it done like that? 

Also, have you heard of people finishing the Masters in Learning Experience Design and Educational Technology (Education department) in that kind of short time frame? How would I go about finding people who have done that? I would do WGU if I knew for sure I could get it done in 6 months. I am a good learner, but I don't have any background for business. Do you think the Management/Leadership degree needs a business background to finish it so quickly? I have a bachelors in engineering. I am currently supporting students and building coursework online at a small college. I feel like the learning design masters would be a better fit with what I am doing right now, but I haven't seen anyone on here post about finishing that in 6 months.

I spent about 20-25 hours a week. I work 40 hours but my hours are flexible, so I can tailor them throughout the week.

There is someone on youtube by the name of 'WGU Life By Justin' who did the program you are talking about in 6 months, I would recommend his videos.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • inoele, origamishuttle
It's hard to say how long each person will take to go through a WGU master's program. It depends on the program, your previous knowledge, and how many hours a week you put into it.

Also, your level of efficiency matters. How fast can you write? Starting with an outline, I can write around 500 words per hour, including citations.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • graduatesoon, inoele
@inoele, it really depends on the student and their commitments, energy, scenario, time, etc. There are so many variables in play, each person can finish it in a term if they've got nothing on their plate, up to two or three terms if they have plenty of things happening in their life. My suggestion is to review the course requirements at WGU and the content, if you "know" that material well, you can go through it easier, faster... Pace yourself, not rush into things when you start.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • inoele
Update -
I am in week 4 and am down 6/10 classes. Definitely taking some days off as all the writing gets to be really tedious. Courses are getting more difficult, so there has been a bit of a lag.

I feel like I am seeing the light, I want to finish within the next month.

Having gone through TAMUCs Org Leadership program has definitely been a big advantage for this program, some of the classes I have taken are the exactly same name and cover very similar material. Two tests I was able to take and pass on the same day.

The Facebook group for this program has been extremely helpful as well.
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
[-] The following 1 user Likes mohelena02's post:
  • origamishuttle
(10-25-2022, 11:46 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Update -
I am in week 4 and am down 6/10 classes. Definitely taking some days off as all the writing gets to be really tedious. Courses are getting more difficult, so there has been a bit of a lag.

I feel like I am seeing the light, I want to finish within the next month.

Having gone through TAMUCs Org Leadership program has definitely been a big advantage for this program, some of the classes I have taken are the exactly same name and cover very similar material. Two tests I was able to take and pass on the same day.

The Facebook group for this program has been extremely helpful as well.

That says a lot that TAMUC is providing quality education.

You should be done in time.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Update as I just started Month 2 of my MSML program:

Finished 7 classes.
2 more classes to go: 1 test class (pretty difficult test), 1 group class which starts on a specific date
+ the Touchstone.

I have had a lot going on in my life so I have been going at a slower pace. My goal is to focus on passing the test class and get started on the Touchstone ASAP and be done by the Thanksgiving holiday if I can.
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
[-] The following 3 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • KSoul, LevelUP, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 31 7,230 07-28-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 5,886 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 2,543 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Online JD Starting Fall 2023 - 1-week residency sanantone 2 976 12-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,934 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 2,262 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 7,520 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,546 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,560 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,687 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100