Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coursera Transfer Equivalencies
(08-30-2022, 12:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Someone just asked me, for those courses that have peer reviewed assignments or assessments, if no one peer reviews them, they can or can't get the credit for the courses?  I don't remember, I went into one of the courses and there was a message that prompted me to "peer review more submissions so they could get credit - something along the lines of that" and their submissions were way back in Feb of this year.  I don't recall, will you get the ACE credit without the peer reviews?

I'm pretty sure that you need to pass the peer review to get the certificate. I try to do at least 3, even though they usually only ask for 2.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-30-2022, 12:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Someone just asked me, for those courses that have peer reviewed assignments or assessments, if no one peer reviews them, they can or can't get the credit for the courses?  I don't remember, I went into one of the courses and there was a message that prompted me to "peer review more submissions so they could get credit - something along the lines of that" and their submissions were way back in Feb of this year.  I don't recall, will you get the ACE credit without the peer reviews?

Its surprising that you got ones from that far back.  All of mine have been peer reviewed within 24 hours.  There are usually enough students in the course.  I think at one point there was a glitch, because in a lot of the discussion forums there are people pasting the peer review link.
(08-30-2022, 05:19 AM)cizzie Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 12:35 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 12:31 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:18 AM)LevelUP Wrote: We have been looking for another UL computer science and maybe one of these certs will work.

Yep, that's one of the things I was hoping for when offering to share the Coursera thing with everyone. Free/cheap UL credit that works with CS/CIS would be amazing.

Rachel regarding the full stack software developer I see a bunch UL I just want to see if I can use this for my BACS.
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

We don't know yet what TESU counts it as. If you can do it quickly, I would go for it. If you do, please report back what TESU accepts it as.  Smile

I submitted it for review but I have yet to receive any credit for IBM fullstack, it has been a few weeks since hoping to get something. Submitted my transcript on 08/05

Hi Rachel, I did some research and Im assuming that this full stack software developer course from coursera is the same course of edx.
https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...er#courses
https://www.edx.org/professional-certifi...position=1

Just compare the overview of the course on both websites, and you notice that they just change "software" for "cloud" read the intro of Edx.
TESU is giving 3 credits LL and this course has a bunch of UL credits.
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/edx-credit

I want to take this course, but I do not want to waste my time doing this for only 3LL credits.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • Pikachu
Ouch, I think TESU will bring it in as 3 LL... hmm, well, it's all dependent on you. If you really want to take the Full Stack Developer from IBM, I think it's great to have the badge and ACE credits to boot, it may not apply to TESU, but other institutions may take them for more credits. I would take it for the cert, experience, knowledge gained from it...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-04-2022, 09:02 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 05:19 AM)cizzie Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 12:35 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 12:31 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yep, that's one of the things I was hoping for when offering to share the Coursera thing with everyone. Free/cheap UL credit that works with CS/CIS would be amazing.

Rachel regarding the full stack software developer I see a bunch UL I just want to see if I can use this for my BACS.

We don't know yet what TESU counts it as. If you can do it quickly, I would go for it. If you do, please report back what TESU accepts it as.  Smile

I submitted it for review but I have yet to receive any credit for IBM fullstack, it has been a few weeks since hoping to get something. Submitted my transcript on 08/05

Hi Rachel, I did some research and Im assuming that this full stack software developer course from coursera is the same course of edx.
https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...er#courses
https://www.edx.org/professional-certifi...position=1

Just compare the overview of the course on both websites, and you notice that they just change "software" for "cloud" read the intro of Edx.
TESU is giving 3 credits LL and this course has a bunch of UL credits.
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/edx-credit

I want to take this course, but I do not want to waste my time doing this for only 3LL credits.

Wow that is very true, from the titles they do seem the same. All the internal courses that make up the cert are the same. Although I do not know how edx works I can tell you the cert is very extensive and long to go through especially with all the projects. But I will see soon first they told me I did not have the ace badge, but coursera assured me it was already there, which I confirmed so Ill let you guys know what it transfers in as.
TESU may or may not bring them in as the same thing. We'll have to wait and see what they say.

Relevant example:

When Sophia updated their Psychology course to ADD assignments (and I don't think they changed anything else), TESU stopped accepting it as PSY-101 and now brings it in as the utterly useless FEL-199. Same course, just slightly updated, different equivalency. At the same time, Sophia updated their Sociology course to ADD assignments. That one remained as being equivalent to SOC-101 at TESU, despite the update.

So, they may well bring it in as just 3 credits. They may go with the ACE recommendation. They may do something in between. There is no way to be sure until someone actually does it successfully.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Arto
(09-05-2022, 03:41 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU may or may not bring them in as the same thing. We'll have to wait and see what they say.

Relevant example:

When Sophia updated their Psychology course to ADD assignments (and I don't think they changed anything else), TESU stopped accepting it as PSY-101 and now brings it in as the utterly useless FEL-199. Same course, just slightly updated, different equivalency. At the same time, Sophia updated their Sociology course to ADD assignments. That one remained as being equivalent to SOC-101 at TESU, despite the update.

So, they may well bring it in as just 3 credits. They may go with the ACE recommendation. They may do something in between. There is no way to be sure until someone actually does it successfully.

TESU will do what they do. They won't know when did it; they won't know how they did it; they won't know why they did it; they might not even know that they did it.  But, they'll do it.  Maybe. Check in 8 weeks.

And check again in another eight weeks.
Evaluations change, I would get the certs for the ACE credit if it has any, but the main reason I am taking these Coursera/TADA is for the experience and knowledge, or to retain/review information I already know. The credit is just the icing on the cake for me... as these won't really go towards any degree for me, and these are all lower level/upper level undergrad credits in Business/IT.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ok so sorry for the wait guys a lot of back and forth but I finally got the IBM Full Stack Cert transferred in and here are the results:

1 ITS-399 Special Topics in Info Technol 07/29/22 CR 3.00
1 CLD-110 Intro to Cloud Computing 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 ITS-231 Database Programming 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 CLD-420 Archtctng Cloud Solution 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 ITS-299 Special Topics Informat Techn 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 COS-205 Python Programming 08/03/22 CR 3.00

CLD 420 went into the BACS AOS area, and so did ITS-299. I am not sure as to why ITS 399 did not but I will inquire with them in a few hours when advising is open.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cizzie's post:
  • Arto
(09-16-2022, 03:20 AM)cizzie Wrote: Ok so sorry for the wait guys a lot of back and forth but I finally got the IBM Full Stack Cert transferred in and here are the results:

1 ITS-399 Special Topics in Info Technol 07/29/22 CR 3.00
1 CLD-110 Intro to Cloud Computing 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 ITS-231 Database Programming 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 CLD-420 Archtctng Cloud Solution 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 ITS-299 Special Topics Informat Techn 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 COS-205 Python Programming 08/03/22 CR 3.00

CLD 420 went into the BACS AOS area, and so did ITS-299. I am not sure as to why ITS 399 did not but I will inquire with them in a few hours when advising is open.

Hi, how difficult do it was to finish this did you do it in one month, do have to do also proctored exams or essays please let me know I want to take this course also.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Certs bughead 2 109 Yesterday, 11:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Canadian interested in BA CS, little confused about RA and ACE providers and transfer ArboristFlames 7 452 07-21-2024, 10:56 AM
  BA in mathematics and possible credits transfer hsufeng 3 372 07-08-2024, 10:30 AM
  TESU Transfer Policy - Explained bjcheung77 44 9,229 06-20-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 865 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 398 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 618 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 3,704 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 1,326 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,676 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP