Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit Transfer Confusion
Hi all,

I am a bit confused with credit transfers, tuition, etc.

So, here is my story:

I graduated from Purdue Global (then Kaplan) 6 years ago. I took some courses with StraighterLine and they transferred just fine. I have now enrolled for another BA at TESU and sent them my transcript. On my transcript, some of the courses have no names, it only says Credit Transfer. This is the case with some of the courses from StraighterLine. I also recently requested StraighterLine to send my transcript to Credly.

My questions are:
1. My Purdue transcript is now with TESU - I suspect some credits will transfer but what to do with the ones from StraighterLine? Can I resubmit the transcript from SL again? Will I have to pay for it?
2. For credits that do not transfer, I read some posts here and there are lots of ways to earns those credits. But while I am taking those courses on other platforms, do I need to pay tuition to maintain my student status?
3. When I later transfer credits from other platforms, do I need to pay for credit transfers?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
@legenwait4itdary, Welcome to the board, that's a good intro post with some pieces of info, however, you need to provide more details so we get the entire picture of your scenario, it's missing the more important details on the addendum and template here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

You should also take some time to review some posts, threads, and the WIKI for more information. Here are my answers to your questions, wait for them, as they're also legendary! These should also clear up some misconceptions as well... After you read these answers, please do the addendum and template above, in a reply post within this thread. We can assist you further with a clearer overview of your situation...

1. StraighterLine classes should be in your ACE/Credly, sending these from StraighterLine to ACE/Credly do not involve any fees, same for ACE/Credly to TESU.
2. Your Purdue Global degree should have waived your general education and electives, you're only to do the major (at minimum 24 credits different/newer)
In order to maintain active enrolled status instead of applicant status, pay for the $52 Medical Terminology TECEP and 'forget it', you get 12 months or 1 year.
3. It depends who you're going to get the credits from, if it's any ACE/Credly option, it's free, if it's a community college/university, the fee for transcripts.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • legenwait4itdary
That's wonderful, thank you so much. I will reply in the correct format as soon as I have an idea of what has transferred.

I will enrol into TECEP now so I'm good for 12 months - I saw posts about it but was a bit confused. Now I get it Smile

I am now waiting for SL to forward my transcript to Credly and then to TESU (TESU only has my Purdue transcript now). It might take a couple of weeks. Once I have everything transferred, I will reply using the template.

Thank you once again. I'm really glad I found this forum.
Just remember not to take that TECEP. That way it will be available to use again if, for any reason, you aren't ready to start courses before the year is up and you need to extend enrollment another year.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • legenwait4itdary, rachel83az
Thank you for the information. Yes, I understand that I should not be taking that TECEP.

I would love to start taking courses as soon as possible but I reckon it is not possible until my transcripts are evaluated and credits are transferred unless you guys know of any courses I could probably take now - something that I will definitely need. I know it is a long shot but maybe...

I hope for my Purdue Transcript to be evaluated shortly. My SL transcript might take a while - I requested it to be sent to Credly but it has not been processed yet and I understand it might take up to two weeks.

As soon as my credits are transferred I will post all the details here.

BTW, I am still unable to log into myCourses. It says invalid login. I tried everything and it is not working. In the self-service portal, I can see that I am enrolled in TESU Student Orientation which is set to start on Jan 31.

Once again, thank you for all the help and as soon as my credits have been transferred I will post all the details here.
By the time you get your evaluation, we would already have a degree planned completed... Fill in the addendum and template, so we know what credits you have, you also want to tell us what degree you're looking at and you can create a spreadsheet with the requirements, plus review the WIKI plans, link us to your spreadsheet on your one/google drive as a viewable (not editable) file and we can provide advice...

Hello,

I hope I did not mess it up. I did not list SL courses as they were all transferred to Kaplan, but some just without the name of the subject.

I reviewed Wiki but I am not sure if I understand it correctly. I am a bit confused about all these sections that I need to do, LL and UL, etc. So I do not know what I am looking for to do in addition to what I already have. Wherever possible, if I need to add subjects I would like it to be maths (obviously) and programming/coding oriented. I saw there is a bunch of subjects to choose from in electives. Again, I am not sure how to proceed from here as I do not know how to estimate how many credits for each of the 'sections' I already have.

I also have a Master's Degree in Education (Leadership) but it isn't from the US and I do not think any of the credits would transfer over so I did not list it there. It would also be a lot of hassle (I think) to get it evaluated.

Your Location: China (I’m originally from Europe)
Your Age: 44
What kind of degree do you want?: BA in Mathematics
Current Regional Accredited Credits:

180 (I completed a B.SC. in Professional Studies at Kaplan University (now Purdue University Global)

School Name Total Credits: 180

All from Kaplan University (now Purdue University Global):

***Transferred from American Council on Education***

BU204 Macroeconomics, 5, TC
BU224 Microeconomics, 5, TC
MM255 Business Math and Statistical Measures, 5, TC
PRMR5.1 Professional Studies Major Requirement 100/200, 5, TC
PRMR5.2 Professional Studies Major Requirement 100/200, 5, TC
SC225 Environmental Science – Ecosystems, Resources, and Carbon Footprints, 5, TC
SS236 People, Power, and Politics: An Intro to American Government, 5, TC
TC Art and Humanities Transfer Credit, 5, TC
TC Mathematics Transfer Credit, 5, TC
TC Transfer Credit (6 lines, no details given, 5x5 credits and 1x4 credits), 29, TC

***Transferred from Kaplan University – Online***

CM107 College Composition I, 5, EC
CM214 Public Speaking for the Professional, 5, EC
CM220 College Composition II, 5, EC
HR400 Employment and Stuffing, 6, EC
HR410 Employee Training and Development, 6, EC
AB104 Personal Financial Management, 5, AC
AB221 Customer Service, 5, AC
CM206 Interpersonal Communications, 5, AC
CM305 Communication in a Diverse Society, 6, AC
CS204 Professional Presence, 3, AC
HU245 Ethics, 5, AC
MM150 Survey of Mathematics, 5, AC
MM212 College Algebra, 5, AC
MT140 Introduction to Management, 5, AC
MT302 Organizational Behavior, 6, AC
MT340 Conflict Management and Team Dynamics, 6, AC
MT400 Business Process Management, 6, AC
MT450 Marketing Management, 6, AC
PCT-L Leadership, 0, AC
PCT-M Multiculturalism/Diversity, 0, AC
PCT-P Personal Presentation, 0, AC
PCT-T Teamwork, 0, AC
SS260 Gender and Society, 5, AC
PR499 Bachelors Capstone in Professional Studies, 6, A

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits:

I have some courses from the StraighterLine but they were all transferred to Kaplan above.

Budget: Flexible.  
Commitments: I am working in China and my wife is in another country so I have time.
Dedicated time to study: Quite a bit, I have no commitments other than work.
Timeline: 1 year would be great.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: N/A
And that could have been done within the first post, you just need to do the major for the BA Math by following the WIKI plans! TESU and course recommendations for flat rate, you should change yours to all math! Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...University and the TESU plans are here, you may want to double major in Computer Science/Math as it'll be the same price almost, depending on the energy, money, time you want to spend, it's just 1 capstone plus any additional fees to get the transfer credits. Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:TESU

Thank you for your reply, but I really have no idea what courses I still need to take without seeing which transferred. This is the first time I am doing it so I am, to be honest, pretty confused by all the plans etc. Since some maths will transfer I do not know what other maths to take. I checked all the WIKIs and I still have no idea how to go about it. I am probably too stupid to do it lol.

I think I will just wait until my courses are transferred and see if I can make more sense of it. For now, I am pretty lost and I do not even know where to start.

To be honest, I do not even know which are considered LL and UL (are UL courses 300 and 400?).

For example here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
For example, Part A says 3 credits are required, so it means exactly 3 credits or at least 3 credits? I assume at least 3 as otherwise the plan would not add up to 120 credits.

I'm sorry for all the stupid questions and for wasting your time. I think I will just wait once all has transferred and maybe it will give me a better idea of what to do next.

Thank you guys for all the help!
Here's your remaining credits for the Mathematics AOS
Part A. Calculus I - StraighterLine
Part B. Calculus II - StraighterLine

Part C. Calculus III - NMJC
Part D. Linear Algebra - Coopersmith
Part E. Probability/Statistics - Sophia.org

Part F. AOS Electives
UL Math MAT-301 History of Mathematics TESU (RA Credits)
UL Math MAT-351 Mathematical Modeling TESU (RA Credits)

UL Math MAT-361 College Geometry TESU (RA Credits)
UL Math MAT-401 Mathematical Logic TESU (RA Credits)
Liberal Arts Capstone - plus the 4 UL above for residency credits

Part G. Additional AOS Electives
Note: You have 4 math classes already, throw them all in the remaining Part G.
Don't over think, just do in this order - Sophia.org, Coopersmith, StraighterLine, then TESU last.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • legenwait4itdary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 231 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 228 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 325 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 856 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,070 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 517 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 804 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 643 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 736 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 462 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM