Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreign Credential Evaluators
Just thinking about foreign credential evaluation services and was researching again on a particular one: California University Foreign Credential Evaluation.  On this and the sister board, it's noted as the "bottom of the barrel" option to use if all else fails.  

I, on the other hand, think it's best to stick to something above the bottom of the list and draw a line somewhere.  Sticking to the AICE or NACES options are best, but if none of them have a remotely reasonable evaluation, who should you go to?  Where do you draw the line?  

If either of these two membership agencies don't/doesn't have an evaluation service that fits the bill, I would look for alternatives that aren't part of the list BUT are part of an approved list from federal or state agencies.  One that came to mind is Validential, there are others obviously, so choose or research what options are available before submitting your evaluations.  

Generally I would recommend AICE or NACES members, but if they don't do it for you, find one that will but SKIP the bottom of the barrel options such as CUFCE.  It may come back to hurt you if something isn't in place and an undesirable result may occur.

AICE Members Link: https://aice-eval.org/members/
NACES Members Link: https://www.naces.org/members

Below is an example of several institutions that may have CUFCE equivalency of US RA.  Blue Marble, Bircham, International Quantum, Selinus, etc.  Even institutions listed on the Wiki mentioning they're unaccredited in the US.   Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_un..._education

I came across a 15 year old article mention a "fake doctor" treating cancer patients.  It's sickening just knowing this is happening with "new grads" from non-accredited institutions even today.  Link: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new...-diplomas/
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Consultant
Anyone who would approve of Bircham is off my list.
Quote:Sticking to the AICE or NACES options are best, but if none of them have a remotely reasonable evaluation, who should you go to?  Where do you draw the line?

I would speak with your employer or next academic program if you really feel "none of them have a remotely reasonable evaluation."
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
while there may be some valid reasons for caution, I would not feel comfortable unilaterally declaring them the "bottom of the barrel" without strong evidence. More specifics on poor outcomes would help substantiate that assessment.
Larry Cochran Wrote:while there may be some valid reasons for caution, I would not feel comfortable unilaterally declaring them the "bottom of the barrel" without strong evidence. More specifics on poor outcomes would help substantiate that assessment.

@Larry Cochran, Welcome to the board... Great first post, If you read what the institutions I mentioned at the bottom of the list, none of those institutions are recognized by CHEA or USDOE, you'll know what I'm talking about, they do not have proper accreditation (No RA or NA). CUFCE, is a 'last resort' for people who can't their evaluations completed favorably anywhere else (unless it's from an international non-recognized accreditation agency).

As an example, ASU accepts both CUFCE and Validential as evaluation agencies, it's listed on their website. If you search for other institutions and can find another that does accept CUFCE, let me know. There are a few out there that will accept Validential, and some government agencies such as those state agencies for teacher licensing. It really depends on the student needs, if it for employment, further education, or something else such as personal reasons.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blacklisted foreign universities in Nigeria Imbanewbie 1 551 01-13-2024, 03:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best Foreign Credentials Evaluator Service mariobros1985 10 1,665 11-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Chankosumo
  Degree Mill Credential Backfires Alpha 4 1,640 07-21-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  The ‘Some College, No Credential’ Cohort Grows LevelUP 2 621 04-26-2023, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  1 More Year to Use Financial Aid for Foreign Online Programs sanantone 1 707 06-15-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Some college, no credential Alpha 0 658 05-29-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 919 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Foreign degree conundrum. lidel 8 1,311 08-18-2021, 08:20 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Credential Solutions & Parchment Merge ss20ts 4 1,018 07-08-2021, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credential as you go Alpha 0 751 05-23-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Alpha