Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best value MBA
(08-11-2022, 02:07 AM)TopHatWombat Wrote: I’m going to get lambasted for this, but the best *value* MBA for me personally would be ENEB. Why? Because if I were to do an MBA program, the only real purpose would be to put the initials after my name. It would serve no career or business purpose beyond whatever ego boost it gives me to add the initials.

Value is subjective to each individual.

I completely and totally understand that one.  I have considered this option too.  The only thing that keeps me from going forward is the papers.  My goodness… the papers.   Tongue

(08-09-2022, 06:38 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:
(08-08-2022, 05:46 PM)Vle045 Wrote: The networking thing is subjective.   I got zero connections from my college days.
I guess it depends on ones ability to network. I have made incredible connections networking through Duke alumni.

Or maybe it’s the value of the network.  Ability has nothing to do with it.  I find no value in it (the college network).  I have a great network of people from other areas of life.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
I understand value in general means different things to different people. Let’s for the sake of argument equate value to financial ROI. Example 2 people being equal in all respects. One gets hau $3k the other gets BU for $24k. Who gets the biggest bang for their buck financially. Hypothetically speaking of course.
(08-11-2022, 08:05 AM)Pats20 Wrote: I understand value in general means different things to different people. Let’s for the sake of argument equate value to financial ROI. Example 2 people being equal in all respects. One gets hau $3k the other gets BU for $24k. Who gets the biggest bang for their buck financially. Hypothetically speaking of course.

Out of those two options…. I’d pick HAU.  A “network” is not worth me paying $21k.  ($3k for the degree $21k for the “network”)
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
(08-11-2022, 08:05 AM)Pats20 Wrote: I understand value in general means different things to different people. Let’s for the sake of argument equate value to financial ROI. Example 2 people being equal in all respects. One gets hau $3k the other gets BU for $24k. Who gets the biggest bang for their buck financially. Hypothetically speaking of course.
Isn’t it still impossible to say?  Who you work for, who you want to work for, where you live, what kind of work you do, who your clients are, etc, etc, etc will all figure into how valuable your degree is. 

If you work for a government agency and need an MBA for a grade or promotion, HAU is better since it costs less. If you work for a company owned by a Turkish immigrant and nationalist who has pictures of Mustafa Kemal hung up in every room of the building, an HAU MBA might well get you fired and beaten up. No two people’s experiences will ever be the same.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • Vle045
(08-11-2022, 08:11 AM)Vle045 Wrote:

Out of those two options…. I’d pick HAU.  A “network” is not worth me paying $21k.  ($3k for the degree $21k for the “network”)
That’s a Good way of looking at it. Thanks for the response.
(08-11-2022, 08:11 AM)Vle045 Wrote:

I agree, 21K pays for a great deal of field specific professional conference fees and such (including travel to those held at a distance). This is especially true when the degree is earned online, because the conferences will get in front of people (the mingle is a key part of networking, something a required discussion board post will never do).  Since you've compared the two schools I'll throw this in as extra food for thought - I happen to know that my family member's summer course at HAU they just completed was taught by a BU professor. Not surprising since both schools are within an hour drive of each other. Online delivery aside, I'm sure HAU tries to recruit their professors from the local pool (just like any other school in the area). They probably network at those local professional conferences Wink
Amberton - MSHRB
TESU - ASNSM/BSBA

Thanks. that’s one of the reasons I compared the two programs, because of their proximity to one another and both are probably great deals just on the other end of the spectrum so to speak. IMO it’s difficult to justify the additional $20K+. Also to point out that the BU program in person program is probably at least double the $24k.
(08-11-2022, 08:28 AM)freeloader Wrote: If you work for a company owned by a Turkish immigrant and nationalist who has pictures of Mustafa Kemal hung up in every room of the building

The online executive MBA from Girne American University, located in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, might be for you!
(08-11-2022, 09:08 AM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 08:28 AM)freeloader Wrote: If you work for a company owned by a Turkish immigrant and nationalist who has pictures of Mustafa Kemal hung up in every room of the building

The online executive MBA from Girne American University, located in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, might be for you!

1)  I didn't even know there was such a place as the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
2)  I certainly didn't know that there was a Girne American University
3)  Also learned that they have 3 other online Masters degrees (Ed. Admin, Healthcare Man. CS)

Fantastic!
Girne is charging 4,778 EURO for the online Executive MBA https://www.gau.edu.tr/en/prospective/page/tuition-fees
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]