Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Examity student profiles not secure.
I noticed examity website is not secure. I reached out to them. Other students profiles appear in place of my own. And that means also my profile is not protected. All the personal info including contact info date of birth etc. Just giving heads up in case others are unaware it is occurring. Examity staff will talk to me tomorrow about the issue. They are the proctoring service for LTI ACTFL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seagull's post:
  • Dorothy44
(03-01-2021, 09:34 PM)Seagull Wrote: I noticed examity website is not secure. I reached out to them. Other students profiles appear in place of my own. And that means also my profile is not protected. All the personal info including contact info date of birth etc. Just giving heads up in case others are unaware it is occurring. Examity staff will talk to me tomorrow about the issue. They are the proctoring service for LTI ACTFL.

What exams need examity, I just searched a bit before knowing that this is a proctoring platform.
OPI Oral proficiency testing.
They're also the proctoring service used by WGU.
(03-01-2021, 10:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote: They're also the proctoring service used by WGU.

Thanks, didn't know that.

They say protect test integrity but then students accounts are there for all to see. LTI even asks for SSN in certain instances so those are made public too. It is not secure Sad
(03-02-2021, 08:03 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 10:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote: They're also the proctoring service used by WGU.

They say protect test integrity but then students accounts are there for all to see. LTI even asks for SSN in certain instances so those are made public too. It is not secure Sad

EEK! That's not good at all! I know at WGU you must show the proctor your driver's license which bothers me. Far too much info on it and the info can be used to steal your identity. I feel like Examity had a major security breach last year. Maybe it was the year before. I know it was one of the proctoring services and it left me very UNimpressed. So much for security! 
(03-02-2021, 11:22 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 08:03 AM)Seagull Wrote:

EEK! That's not good at all! I know at WGU you must show the proctor your driver's license which bothers me. Far too much info on it and the info can be used to steal your identity. I feel like Examity had a major security breach last year. Maybe it was the year before. I know it was one of the proctoring services and it left me very UNimpressed. So much for security! 

I remember reading an article about Examity, and dismissing out of hand any school that used them.
ProctorU was the one that had the security breach, this is going to be a privacy and security issue. I wonder how Examity didn't see this coming, I mean, they would have done beta testing and during that phase, they would have seen what goes on.... if exam takers are able to see profiles of other test takers, that is a big concern. The only people who should have access is Examity proctors. It's so much better using RPNow, don't have to deal with someone on the other end, their process is streamlined...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Examity is used by more than just ACTFL and WGU. I know I saw it pop up recently-ish for something else but I don't remember what. From a programming standpoint, I'm struggling to understand how this could even have happened. Like... you'd have to be trying really hard in order to make things that insecure.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I used examity at WGU, it is a big pile of ... I would venture to guess that everything is stapled together and hanging by a thread.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 409 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Can't take Student Success at Sophia? Pikachu 2 418 06-12-2024, 12:17 PM
Last Post: RJ77
  Can I be a bad student on study.com? qiaoyiren 19 2,698 03-03-2021, 12:47 AM
Last Post: qiaoyiren
  sophia.org student loans irs education credit harrit 9 4,415 01-22-2021, 12:38 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Sophia.org Student Success quigongene 28 5,879 04-18-2019, 08:36 AM
Last Post: ConqueringCollege
  Student at formerly Patten University- now John F. Kennedy University collegecareerstudent 2 1,173 10-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  proctoru secure browser zzzz24 9 2,487 08-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: zzzz24
Exclamation TESU Shmoop Student Advisory MSK9 1 1,287 05-05-2018, 11:01 PM
Last Post: High_Order1
  Calculus I - StraighterLine - study guide from student preparing for BSCS at WGU bluebooger 0 2,985 04-14-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: bluebooger