Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I be a bad student on study.com?
I am taking a psychology course for 3 upper credits on study.com.This is my first time taking course on study.com.

I got 100 points for quizees, 90 points for Proctored Final Exam.Therefore,I need 20 more points for my assignment.(It seems that I need 210 points to get a pass)

Howerer,there are 4 assignment which are so difficult!

The question I want to ask is, can I get 20 points for writing only one or two assignments, and then hand in blank papers for the remaining two assignments or writing only a little bit to get 0 points. Can I get pass the course like this?
I'm pretty sure you need a minimum effort on each or it won't show as completed.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
I had a courses w/ 3 assignments - I did the 1st one as instructed, the other two I spent <5 minutes on them (basically wrote 1-2 intro sentences), SDC graded them and I passed the class.

I've seen threads from 1-2 years back that say people had success submitting blank files - but it probably depends on the grader.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbinghamjr's post:
  • qiaoyiren
(02-28-2021, 08:22 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: I had a courses w/ 3 assignments - I did the 1st one as instructed, the other two I spent <5 minutes on them (basically wrote 1-2 intro sentences), SDC graded them and I passed the class.

I've seen threads from 1-2 years back that say people had success submitting blank files - but it probably depends on the grader.

I  will probably not submit a blank file. I may write 100-200 words. So, I can have a try?
As long as you've already met the point requirements, it's fine to only submit a minimal assignment. However, bear in mind that if you intend to go to grad school then some schools apparently want a specific score for ACE classes. Although SDC is pass/fail, they can show scores on their transcripts if the recipient school wants.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-28-2021, 10:14 PM)qiaoyiren Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 08:22 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: I had a courses w/ 3 assignments - I did the 1st one as instructed, the other two I spent <5 minutes on them (basically wrote 1-2 intro sentences), SDC graded them and I passed the class.

I  will probably not submit a blank file. I may write 100-200 words. So, I can have a try?
The Big 3 accept a C or better. So for the Big 3 it is fine. I wouldn't stress too much, it is just sdc. Try your best anyway but if you scored good on final, since we all know we can't go wrong on quizzes with sdc, you should be fine. Follow the rubric.
(02-28-2021, 11:06 PM)rachel83az Wrote: As long as you've already met the point requirements, it's fine to only submit a minimal assignment. However, bear in mind that if you intend to go to grad school then some schools apparently want a specific score for ACE classes. Although SDC is pass/fail, they can show scores on their transcripts if the recipient school wants.

OMG! Grad school require a Ace transcript!!!That's the worst news that I have ever heard.....
LOL, if you're going to a semi-competitive or competitive program, yes - some will look at your last 30-60 credits, and if you don't have the credits to show for it, they'll try to get the GPA from your ACE or alternative transcript just for admission purposes. You can always send them what info you have, the majority of the time, they just want to know you have taken a similar course for entry requirements. There are many other programs you can apply to that are "less" competitive or apply to the competency based degree programs available.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-01-2021, 12:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, if you're going to a semi-competitive or competitive program, yes - some will look at your last 30-60 credits, and if you don't have the credits to show for it, they'll try to get the GPA from your ACE or alternative transcript just for admission purposes.  You can always send them what info you have, the majority of the time, they just want to know you have taken a similar course for entry requirements.  There are many other programs you can apply to that are "less" competitive or apply to the competency based degree programs available.

I just calculated my weighted gpa at sophia.org and excelsior college. The gpa is 3.55/4. I didn’t use all my strength on sophia.org, and I thought it would be useless for postgraduate application,as long as it can pass 70%. I'm sad now. Sad
(02-28-2021, 06:58 PM)qiaoyiren Wrote: I am taking a psychology course for 3 upper credits on study.com.This is my first time taking course on study.com.

I got 100 points for quizees, 90 points for Proctored Final Exam.Therefore,I need 20 more points for my assignment.(It seems that I need 210 points to get a pass)

Howerer,there are 4 assignment which are so difficult!

The question I want to ask is, can I get 20 points for writing only one or two assignments, and then hand in blank papers for the remaining two assignments or writing only a little bit to get 0 points. Can I get pass the course like this?

You can submit blank submissions for the ones you don't need and they'll grade them zero's and pass you. Or that's how it used to be anyway.

A long time ago they would just pass you when you hit the threshold for the class and you didn't even need to do that, but it's not like that anymore.

I say give it a try and see what happens. You'll allowed to submit papers more than once so worst case scenario you just have to do the paper. Also, if this works, I would not come back here and brag about it because they read this board and if you start telling people that there's a way around it they will change it again.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 397 494,571 09-02-2024, 09:35 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Limited Time 68% Off College Saver at Study.com portals 34 6,519 08-31-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 472 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 252 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 191 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,118 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 358 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM
  Study.com—is this course NCCRS or ACE? wow 15 675 08-12-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com Failed Exam BSBRose21 5 2,944 07-31-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  labster cost on study.com? wow 2 271 07-28-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: wow