Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 Credit Exams...
When it comes to 6 Credit Exams, is there a way to only earn 3 credits or is it simply a pass and get all 6 or fail and get none?
loredia Wrote:When it comes to 6 Credit Exams, is there a way to only earn 3 credits or is it simply a pass and get all 6 or fail and get none?

pass for 6 only. Fail get none.
Cleps Passed:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
Information Systems and Computer Applications
American Government
Introductory Psychology
Introductory Sociology
Social Sciences and History
History of the United States I
History of the United States II
Western Civilization I
Western Civilization II
Macroeconomics

DSST Passed:
A History of the Vietnam War (3)
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (3)
Thanks for the info JimiT20.....
I've heard of colleges granting 3 credits for a failing 6 credit exam. You would have to ask your college to make sure. TESC doesn't accept a failing 6 credit exam for 3 credits.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
Speaking of 6 credit exams, outside of TESC (Global Environmental Change), does anybody know of any schools that have 6 credit courses (Upper Level). I thought I saw one at a midwestern college that was Independent Study.
loredia Wrote:When it comes to 6 Credit Exams, is there a way to only earn 3 credits or is it simply a pass and get all 6 or fail and get none?

The answer to this is that it depends on your school.

Some schools will grant all 6 units for any passing score

some schools will grant units on a sliding scale, 3 units it below a certain passing score and 6 if over a certain passing score

some schools will only grant you 3 units (even if it is a 6 unit test)

I took the spanish clep and got 12 units. If I scored below a certain level, I would only have received 6 units.

Each school can make their own rules. Check with your advisor. As far as a school granting 3 units for a score that is not considered passing, that seems unlikely but not impossible. Check with the school.
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
Gary, I know that TESC offers the American War and Society course for 6 UL credits. Pretty cake but lots to cover and discuss.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
larry7crys Wrote:Gary, I know that TESC offers the American War and Society course for 6 UL credits. Pretty cake but lots to cover and discuss.
That is a good find. I am studying for Civil War & Reconstruction (DSST/UL) and plan on taking it next week or the week after. I don't know how Excelsior would look at that with the Civil War DSST, they may take it as an overlap. I am not officially enrolled w/them yet and I probably couldn't get an answer if I asked, but this week I'll give them a call and find out. I would have taken it if I had known, I would have payed the $$$ just to get that much closer. If Excelsior gives me a YES, I'll seriously consider it. Thanks L7C.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 174,001 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 276 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,980 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 499 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 393 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 2,052 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 775 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 516 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,317 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 3,045 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM