Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general chemistry
Hi, are there any sources of gen chemistry I and II online, specifically to fill the spots on the IT degree from TESU? Also, from my research online, it seems most of the math in chemistry is just notation or basic formulas and equations, am I right in that assumption? Thanks!!!
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

you should be comfortable with College Algebra. Depending on how far the course goes, you may need to understand exponential notation, Logs, and significant digits, but if need they should be covered in the Gen Chem course. When I was a Chem major, we had to take Calc II, but it wasn't needed until Analytical Chem and P-Chem.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Thanks! 10 char min
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

What I'm seeing is CLEP will cover I and II lectures, and I would need to find standalone labs (I at SL but not sure where to find II), or take chem I and lab from SL, and then find chem II somewhere.

Yep, I have done chemistry on online. I went through my community college. The good news is chemistry I has lots of online options. Study.com and Straightliner both have Chemistry I. Straightliner offers the lab. And there is a self-paced option here:

Correspondence Courses - The William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
Thanks. Anyone have leads on a Chem II course?

NMJC and Rio Salado both have Chem II (and Physics II).

Straighterline used to have both, but they expired and SL didn't renew them for some reason.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Are you looking for Study.com or Straightliner prices? If so, then no. The link I provided is the only place I know that offers Chem II as a self paced, start anytime course. The University of Texas at Austin Extension school might offer it sometimes. It does not appear on their Spring 2017 schedule though. If I needed 6 credits in Chemistry for Thomas Edison, I would study for the CLEP. Take as long as you need. That would be the cheapest way. Go through the study.com chem clep prep. There are MOOCs in Chemistry. There are CLEP prep books. Lots of resources to help. If you are just looking for any Chem II online course, then there are lots of options. Thomas Edison offers Chem II. Just Google and places like University of Phoenix come up. You community college might have it (mine did).
Credit Sources:
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
Thanks, I didnt see chem 2 because I scanned the course numbers instead of actually reading the course names. Price doesnt really bother me, just need ones specifically with labs. Thanks!

Harvard Extension has some CHEM II Lecture/Labs scheduled for this Spring. (If you could power through CHEM I before they start)

https://www.extension.harvard.edu/academ...try/e-chem
Credit Sources:
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 596 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 3,201 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
  Cheap general science courses? Preferably online. Drakemoore 8 2,052 12-27-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Chemistry Course YehudisS 16 2,197 10-01-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: YehudisS
  Allied Health General Science Courses? threecats 7 1,252 07-08-2022, 11:58 PM
  Easiest math general education options? Math avoidant 5 2,665 05-07-2022, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Math avoidant
  Has anyone taken TEL Chemistry 1 + Lab? DIGI-212 3 894 10-25-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organic Chemistry class indigoshuffle 3 1,445 03-15-2021, 12:52 AM
  Can you help me with my general ed? Areyes2511 25 3,514 12-21-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  chemistry I and Physics I with LAB SL bingo1 14 2,854 09-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Last Post: CableGuy98