Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for the whole study.com thing.
frostedfire Wrote:Slightly off topic, but since you are already using study.com, can you please let me know how long does it take for your exam results to appear after taking one?

It's been nearly 2 weeks for me, but mine included a final paper. I contacted support and was told it would post early last week. Still no grade. My biggest gripe with study.com is their speed. Otherwise the courses are excellent.
frostedfire Wrote:Slightly off topic, but since you are already using study.com, can you please let me know how long does it take for your exam results to appear after taking one?

My last one took 14 days. There is no reason it needs to take that long.
yb1 Wrote:My last one took 14 days. There is no reason it needs to take that long.

At $200/month they have a very "good" reason to ensure grading takes as long as possible..
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:At $200/month they have a very "good" reason to ensure grading takes as long as possible..

You know often written language is hard to tell if someone is being serious or not.

SL, Saylor, Aleks, Teex, Institute, etc are all able to tell you your score right away. Why is study.com not able to add this simple feature into their tests.

I am not a programmer, but I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to code the ability in. Especially since the pretest and chapter exams tell you your score right away.

As I have said before give a disclaimer: a preliminary review of your exam gives you a score of 83%. blah blah blah
yb1 Wrote:You know often written language is hard to tell if someone is being serious or not.

SL, Saylor, Aleks, Teex, Institute, etc are all able to tell you your score right away. Why is study.com not able to add this simple feature into their tests.

I am not a programmer, but I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to code the ability in. Especially since the pretest and chapter exams tell you your score right away.

As I have said before give a disclaimer: a preliminary review of your exam gives you a score of 83%. blah blah blah

I haven't taken a Study.com course yet, but I don't think that will ever take place unless they change their provider for the proctor testing.

From researching them earlier in the year, they use Software Secure for online proctoring (basically record and review, different than real time)

There's too much change when they jump ship to another provider to incorporate real time exam results. Until then, you're stuck with the wait.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:I haven't taken a Study.com course yet, but I don't think that will ever take place unless they change their provider for the proctor testing.

From researching them earlier in the year, they use Software Secure for online proctoring (basically record and review, different than real time)

There's too much change when they jump ship to another provider to incorporate real time exam results. Until then, you're stuck with the wait.

Maybe you are right, but I suspect that they have access to the score of the exam before the review is done and could give this information.

For a while, it seems like they were posting this score before the review. See this thread: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...eview.html
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
yb1 Wrote:You know often written language is hard to tell if someone is being serious or not.

I was being serious, but cynical. As a subscription based business, it makes sense for them to delay score reporting, because the more they can slow you down -- the longer you'll be a subscriber paying your monthly dues. I did not mean to imply there is an actual technical reason -- there isn't one.

Quote:SL, Saylor, Aleks, Teex, Institute, etc are all able to tell you your score right away. Why is study.com not able to add this simple feature into their tests.

They are able to, they just don't seem to want to, and the profit motive is the only reason I can come up with. Saylor & TEEX are free, so they don't have the same motive. SL is subscription based but you also pay per-course.

Quote:I am not a programmer, but I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to code the ability in. Especially since the pretest and chapter exams tell you your score right away.

I'm sure it's not difficult. It's already there, just not being shown. They've recorded your answers, and thus know your score, as soon as you've submitted the exam. They are choosing to not display it until after the video review.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:I was being serious, but cynical. As a subscription based business, it makes sense for them to delay score reporting, because the more they can slow you down -- the longer you'll be a subscriber paying your monthly dues. I did not mean to imply there is an actual technical reason -- there isn't one.

I think that they are not doing this to rip people off, they just set it up this way before thinking it through all the way. Now, they're going to have to change it.

But, with the great customer service that they've given, reaching out here, responding to posts, getting course equivalencies posted quickly; I just think you should probably give them the benefit of the doubt until you see something showing that they aren't working in good faith here.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi All-

We want to assure you that we are working hard to provide instant score functionality so that you have a preliminary idea of whether or not you passed your exam. We hope to have this feature available shortly to prevent any delays in score reporting. Our goal is to help you earn college credit efficiently and affordably, and we appreciate your feedback on how to make that happen!

Thank you,
Study.com
dfrecore Wrote:I think that they are not doing this to rip people off, they just set it up this way before thinking it through all the way. Now, they're going to have to change it.

But, with the great customer service that they've given, reaching out here, responding to posts, getting course equivalencies posted quickly; I just think you should probably give them the benefit of the doubt until you see something showing that they aren't working in good faith here.

Good reminder!

Study.com Wrote:Hi All-

We want to assure you that we are working hard to provide instant score functionality so that you have a preliminary idea of whether or not you passed your exam. We hope to have this feature available shortly to prevent any delays in score reporting. Our goal is to help you earn college credit efficiently and affordably, and we appreciate your feedback on how to make that happen!

Thank you,
Study.com

Sounds good. Thank you for listening to your customers! One other thing that could be fixed, which I haven't seen mentioned is to allow access to the Dashboard to view completed courses with "percentage/grade" or at least a transcript type of thing without paying again to do so.

At least one of your competitors does allow that and I have actually used it to show others who are on the fence about alternative credit (ie. If I can do this as a homeschool mom, you can too).

Your current system forces a prior student to pay for a new month just to view their own completed courses.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 166 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 514 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 264 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 854 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 476 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 1,143 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 550 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,284 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,716 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,854 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77