Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP College Math Question
Preparing for CLEP College math. Since going through ALEKS I'm pretty confident on the Algebra portion. I got an old Peterson's guide and took some sample tests. I also signed up for Instantcert and the flashcards are nothing like the Peterson's, especially in regards to sets and logic. I read some old posts that Peterson's is not the best to use. However, has anyone recently taken this using the IC software?

Is IC, along with having done well in ALEKS enough to make it through this? The IC does not have any truth tables in it? Are there many set problems on the CLEP like 'x users take tennis, y users take badminton, and some take both...'

OR

Since this is my 1st CLEP am I just overstudying due to test anxiety banghead
CC: American History I, Calculus I, Raquetball, Technical Drawing
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for IT Professionals, Cyber Security for Business Professionals

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1B...ile%2cxlsx
If you've passed ALEKS Precalc and feel confident in your abilities at that level, you should be fine on the CLEP. ALEKS Precalc is probably harder than this exam. Everyone is nervous on their first exam; just relax and go through the questions carefully at a gentle pace (you'll have lots of time) and you'll be fine.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Breathe. In my opinion intermediate algebra would have been enough prep for the CLEP. The exam is general math combined with intermed algebra. I sent you a PM with additional feedback. Also, if interested in another easy three credits, consider the TECEP MAT105 Liberal Arts Math.

Just an FYI, keep in mind the course equivalencies for each exan/course.
MAT102/103 CLEP College Math
MAT115 Intermediate Algebra
MAT121 College Algebra
MAT129 Precalculus

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I feel like I did well on this class, I tookit before I used IC. I just studied a book from the library for 3 days and went for it. Know your graphs ( histogram, bar chat, X/Y (and the quadrents) Stem and leaf, Know basic statistics ( I would say majority of the test) IE. ( chance of getting heads 3 times if you flip 3 coins, or drawing marbles from a bag X are blue X are red X are yellow chance of getting 2 red marbles without replacement.) they slightly touched on algerbra. I think you will be good, few word questions. thats about it.
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,800 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 8 740 09-27-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: naet
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 138 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 173,972 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,837 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,776 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 354 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 271 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,976 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,220 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow