Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Competency based, accelerated AS And BS in CIT - Hodges University
It's actually probably the PERT test. It's the placement test used state wide in Florida now, but a lot of schools still call it the Accuplacer.

PERT covers English 101 and Math up to Precalc I believe. Depending on how you place on the test you'll have to take another one called CLM (College Level Math) test which places you into Calculus I think.

That's really good news about them accepting ACE. Do you know how many credits they allow as transfer from other schools and credit by exam limit?
Drakemoore Wrote:It's actually probably the PERT test. It's the placement test used state wide in Florida now, but a lot of schools still call it the Accuplacer.

PERT covers English 101 and Math up to Precalc I believe. Depending on how you place on the test you'll have to take another one called CLM (College Level Math) test which places you into Calculus I think.

That's really good news about them accepting ACE. Do you know how many credits they allow as transfer from other schools and credit by exam limit?

She said accuplacer which will test your english, math, and even an essay type of question. Perhaps they're the same thing. I'm not from the state of Florida. I didn't ask how many they accept as transfer from other schools/CBE; however, from the student handbook it seems to be no more than 25% of credits needed for graduation. I totally forgot to ask her about this and it was on my mind banghead. I'll make sure to follow up on this question Monday as she had to leave early today.
Passed From Community College:
ENG 111 - College Composition - 3 Credits
HUM 165 - Controversial Issues - 3 Credits
HIS 101 - History Of Western Civilization I - 3 Credits
SDV 100 - College Success Skills - 1 Credit
HIS 102 - History Of Western Civilization II - 3 Credits
REL 230 - Religions of the World - 3 Credits
ENG 112 - College Composition II - 3 Credits
ITE 115 - Intro Computer App & Developments - 3 Credits
AST 114 - Keyboard - 2 Credits.

Kaplan:
LRC 100 - Documenting Your Experiences For College Credit - 3 credits

ALEKS:
Beginner's Algebra - 3 Credits
College Algebra - 3 Credits
Intermediate Algebra - 3 Credits

Total Credits: 36
Credits Needed for Associates: 24-39 (depending on what transfers in).

Currently Working On:
ALEKS & TEEX Courses

Goal:
Hodges University - Associates in Computer Information Technology
Drakemoore Wrote:It's actually probably the PERT test. It's the placement test used state wide in Florida now, but a lot of schools still call it the Accuplacer.

I wanted to come back and add that you are correct, it is a placement test, I'm taking it Wednesday through my computer though I reside in VA. I also wanted to add the residents of Florida may even get a better rate than the $2000/six months, as stated from one of their admissions coordinator on their LinkedIn page: "Students are already starting to enroll for the first offering of this program starting on September 1st. If you are a Florida resident you may be eligible to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity at an even better rate than the $2,000 for 6 months as many classes as you can take format."

Kaplan:

ALEKS:

Currently Working On:
ALEKS & TEEX Courses

Goal:
CityGirlLuv Wrote:I wanted to come back and add that you are correct, it is a placement test, I'm taking it Wednesday through my computer though I reside in VA. I also wanted to add the residents of Florida may even get a better rate than the $2000/six months, as stated from one of their admissions coordinator on their LinkedIn page: "Students are already starting to enroll for the first offering of this program starting on September 1st. If you are a Florida resident you may be eligible to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity at an even better rate than the $2,000 for 6 months as many classes as you can take format."

Did Hodges accept all of your 36 credits towards the degree?
Aleks: Beginning, Intermediate, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology, Religion, Biology, Environmental Science, Philosophy, Eng Comp I, C++.
Working on - Eng Comp II, Intro Comm
Sophia Intro to Psych
TEEX: CYB101, CYB201, CYB301
NFA: Q318, Q118, Q137
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences

Goal: Complete Gen Ed. requirements.
Photog Wrote:Did Hodges accept all of your 36 credits towards the degree?

Officially I wont know how much they'll accept as they were just requested. Ill update you on this.

Kaplan:

ALEKS:

Currently Working On:
ALEKS & TEEX Courses

Goal:
Delete. 10 char

Kaplan:

ALEKS:

Currently Working On:
ALEKS & TEEX Courses

Goal:
Previously I had a discussion whether this university is accepting International students or not and fortunately for me and others they do accept them.

The admission process is quite straightforward, in order to move forward with the registration you need to take a placement test. They will provide you with a study guide and then you can decide on a date when you want to take the placement test. The test contains 4 sections made up of 3 English and 1 maths test. If you are familiar with basic high school math like interpreting pie charts and calculating bank balance it should be a cake walk for you. The English section is also simple enough that most people on here will have no difficulty doing them.

The only preparation you need to do is to get your grammar right like for example when to use a semi colon and when to use the commas. That's it. The preparation can be done in one day and you are good to go. One resource I found really helpful is from education portal. Here is the link for the videos: Conventions in Writing: Grammar Videos & Lessons | Education Portal

Ok Moving forward I completed the placement test and the next day I received the result where I was told that I passed the test BUT needed to improve my scores and take the test again to get admitted into the program because I had weak (barely) score in English (grammar section). Got 37/40 but needed a perfect 40 to get a ticket into the program.

The sketchy thing now is they are asking me to pay $50 to take the retest or take their English Fundamentals 2 classes which is going to cost me $$2,370. You gotta be kidding me.

Anyways my impression about this university has been somewhat average I may or may not take the test again but I feel the placement test is kinda redundant for me since I already have completed almost one year of undergraduate studies. I have amassed 36 credits, some from my local university and some from CLEP exams. And the sad thing is they are only accepting 1 course transfer from my catalog of 36 credits.

This program might be the best option if you are starting out fresh with no credits on your plate but for people looking to accelerate their education and finish their degree as fast as possible then there are going to be second thoughts for those people.
charismo Wrote:Previously I had a discussion whether this university is accepting International students or not and fortunately for me and others they do accept them.

The admission process is quite straightforward, in order to move forward with the registration you need to take a placement test. They will provide you with a study guide and then you can decide on a date when you want to take the placement test. The test contains 4 sections made up of 3 English and 1 maths test. If you are familiar with basic high school math like interpreting pie charts and calculating bank balance it should be a cake walk for you. The English section is also simple enough that most people on here will have no difficulty doing them.

The only preparation you need to do is to get your grammar right like for example when to use a semi colon and when to use the commas. That's it. The preparation can be done in one day and you are good to go. One resource I found really helpful is from education portal. Here is the link for the videos: Conventions in Writing: Grammar Videos & Lessons | Education Portal

Ok Moving forward I completed the placement test and the next day I received the result where I was told that I passed the test BUT needed to improve my scores and take the test again to get admitted into the program because I had weak (barely) score in English (grammar section). Got 37/40 but needed a perfect 40 to get a ticket into the program.

The sketchy thing now is they are asking me to pay $50 to take the retest or take their English Fundamentals 2 classes which is going to cost me $$2,370. You gotta be kidding me.

Anyways my impression about this university has been somewhat average I may or may not take the test again but I feel the placement test is kinda redundant for me since I already have completed almost one year of undergraduate studies. I have amassed 36 credits, some from my local university and some from CLEP exams. And the sad thing is they are only accepting 1 course transfer from my catalog of 36 credits.

This program might be the best option if you are starting out fresh with no credits on your plate but for people looking to accelerate their education and finish their degree as fast as possible then there are going to be second thoughts for those people.

I feel compelled to say, make sure that they do have you for the UPOWER program. I know for some odd reason, they kept trying to refer me as an out of state student (and at some course in state) so now when I speak with them, I make sure to always somehow say "for the UPOWER program".

Kaplan:

ALEKS:

Currently Working On:
ALEKS & TEEX Courses

Goal:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberty University--- Difficulty? midnite123 7 311 10-06-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  American Public University? nomaduser 45 6,725 09-29-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,582 09-26-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Perdoceo to acquire University of St. Augustine... bjcheung77 1 251 09-17-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 17 2,941 09-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  University of The Cumberlands Mrsmiracle90 3 440 09-12-2024, 08:47 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,816 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  University of Lynchburg Transformation Charles Fout 8 880 08-01-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 471 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 5 801 07-03-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: inor