Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting all nervous....
I'm glad I have you guys to fret at the day before a test. Smile

I am taking the DSST Civil War and Reconstruction tomorrow. I really dislike not having a practice test to gauge how well I'm doing. *sigh* I went all the way through a 660-page book that was an overview of the war and have done most of the IC sections about 4 times, only missing about 5 questions on each. I feel really solid on the causes of the war and the political side 'cause I've studied that for years, but I'm pretty fuzzy on the actual battles, which I always found sorta boring.

I'll probably do fine but I'm starting to nibble my nails and get anxious. Anyone want to pat me on the head and tell me to calm down? LOL!
[SIZE="2"]Have you watched the Ken Burns videos? The "idiots guide did the trick for me. Good Luck!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Hi Studyhard,

You've studied so now take a deep breath and calm down! Big Grin

Did you print out the ouline for the test from the DSST site? If not, you could go over it to make sure that you've studied all the different areas. That might be reassuring.

I'll be wishing you luck for tomorrow.
Kate
BS Psychology
My version had many more questions on Reconstruction politics rather than on the battles. Keep up the good work! It sounds like you will do very well.
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
studyhard Wrote:I'll probably do fine but I'm starting to nibble my nails and get anxious. Anyone want to pat me on the head and tell me to calm down? LOL!
Okay studyhard...consider your head "patted". hilarious

I will say a prayer for you that you will do well on the Civil War exam. Go in there "with all guns blazing" (no "pun" intended). Rolleyes

GOOD LUCK!!
and let us know how it goes. (Oh, and don't forget to post some feedback if you can...I hear that one IC moderator is a real b**ch if people don't post feedback). :eek: Wink

Take care,
JoAnne
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Okay, thanks for the encouragement, y'all. I'm calming a little bit. Big Grin

Yes, I have the DSST outline. I finally compiled my own outline also using IC and separated the battles into CSA and USA wins and listed the commanders. This made me feel Vastly Informed, except I can hardly remember any of it. Think if I flunk I can get them to reconsider by saying, "But wait, I had this really neat outline????" hilarious

As for the Ken Burns series.....oh. Those. You mean, the ones we have sitting on the video shelf upstairs? The ones that I watched about three of five years ago? Yeah. Those. *sigh* Don't know why I didn't think of that. I've only seen it mentioned as a resource on here about a hundred times. Duh. Of course, I'm not sure how much time I would have had to watch it though.....(scrambling for excuses)...... I really like the Ashokan Farewell music though!!!! Does that count???

Okay, I'm going to do a little more IC tonight, pray hard, sleep good, and attack that test tomorrow morning! Look out world, here I come!! Smile
Whew! I passed! Yay! Got a 70, which surprised me. The test probed things in greater detail than I had expected and I felt like I was guessing a lot. On most of the questions I could rule out two of the answers but it was a toss-up on the other two. But hey, I guess statistically, if you can narrow it down to two, you have a 50% chance of getting it right. So that probably accounts for some of my score. Big Grin

It was stressful though....for the second time in just a few months, there was a major power outage along the section of road where the testing center is. I just hate the idea of having to reschedule a test when I've crammed and psyched myself up for it. I was really upset. Just as I pulled in the parking lot a bunch of the staff members were coming out. I drove up alongside a gal I knew and she said the power was out and they'd reopen at noon. "Can I come back for my test at noon?" I asked. She told me to check with the proctor, who was still in the building.

So I parked the car off in the usual toolies of the crowded parking lot and by the time I had walked into the building........the power came back on. This is the second time it's happened that way--the power coming on just as I arrive. Does the Lord watch out for me, or what???!!!

So it's over and I'm glad! I'll try to post some feedback, but honestly, when I get under pressure my brain doesn't absorb stuff and I can't remember any of the material I just spent the last hour and half on. Big Grin
Congrats! That's a GREAT score!!! We knew you could do it!
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
Congrats and well done

nothing nicer than the relief of getting another exam completed...
wow thats an excellent score. Congrats!
Sheena

[SIZE="1"]Exams so far:
DSST - Intro to Computing (62), Elementary College Algebra (58), World Religion (435), Principles of Public Speaking (failed)
CLEP - Intro to Sociology (61), Intro to Psychology (68),CLEP - College Algebra (57)
ECE- Lifespan Developmental Psychology (B), Anatomy and Physiology (B), Microbiology (B)

Currently Studying : Foundations of Gerontology 12/6, American History I 12/20, Freshman College Composition 12/20[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nervous, clueless, and less than two weeks time :( blaczkowitz 22 4,967 12-22-2017, 04:24 AM
Last Post: blaczkowitz
  First CLEP- super nervous- HELP asantamaria5 27 2,843 07-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  NERVOUS... Preparing for "Ethics in America" (Dantes) beedledee 4 719 08-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  Nervous about DSST Principles of Supervision..... Pip123 17 1,937 10-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Westerner
  Intro Sociology tomorrow. My first and last CLEP! Nervous! bogey72 6 1,032 08-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Modern Middle East ....Nervous taking this!! bsinsc 3 778 09-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Rhashad
  Nervous About First CLEP: Intro to Sociology kgerber 8 2,511 07-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: cobrajet
  Nervous about macro- and microeconomics CLEPs commdiver 12 2,276 05-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Last Post: commdiver
  Taking my first test today!! Nervous!! blazershater 9 1,535 04-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Last Post: STG
  Nervous uimara050711 21 2,833 04-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Elinor