Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE
hoffdeb Wrote:Where is this date shown on their site?

ACE is doing a good job of hiding the pages for ALEKS and I got tired of looking for them. However, I did check my transcript for all the courses I took through ALEKS and the 10/31 date is there for all of them.

If you're currently enrolled in an ALEKS course than I second the call to finish it quickly and get it on the ACE transcript! Once it's there you are good to go. So put off everything else and knock out the courses you want because this might be your last chance. Hopefully not though but I personally wouldn't take the risk.
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
hoffdeb Wrote:Where is this date shown on their site?

I went to the course search and searched for Aleks. From there I clicked on the courses and saw the updated date there, HTH.

It also let me submit the course I finished on 10/2 and it has already been accepted to my transcript.
That's great, if anyone gets any more info please post it here. Does anyone know how long the ACE certification lasts when they renew it.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
I just checked my ace transcript and all of my Aleks courses are on there....am I ok?
Started Dec 2012 ~ BSBA Human Resource and Org Management TESC

YAY!!!! OCT 24th = DONE!!!!!!

Straighterline Courses: American History I 83%, American History II 79% Accounting I 81%, Accounting II 83%, Macro 77 %, Micro 84%,World Religions 83%, Business Law 74%, Business Ethics 78%, Organizational Behavior 78%, Intro to business 85%, Business Communications 86%
Clep: Principles of management 64, Intro to marketing 53,
DSST: Bus in Society 442 / Principles of Supervison 453 / Money and Banking 55
Penn Foster: HR management 96%, Compensation Management 88%, Emp Benefits 89%, training concepts 96%, Strategic Management 90%, Principles of Finance 82%
ALEKS: Intro To Statistics 72%, Pre-Calc 70%
TESC : Org Theory DONE~ 89%
TEEX Cybersecurity for everyone ~ Business Elective ~ 85%
Can219 Wrote:I just checked my ace transcript and all of my Aleks courses are on there....am I ok?

Yes. Once the courses are on the transcript you are good to go!
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
EI2HCB Wrote:That's great, if anyone gets any more info please post it here. Does anyone know how long the ACE certification lasts when they renew it.

Most of the time it is years (about 2-4 years I believe)
Can anyone post a link to the ACE credit page showing a 10/31/13 expiration date?
freedegreefree Wrote:Can anyone post a link to the ACE credit page showing a 10/31/13 expiration date?

No, a link cannot be given since you must login to the course search page to access it. The regular site doesn't list ALEKS since they lapsed and then got an additional month. By signing up for an account on this site: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main you can then do the course search and find ALEKS. This is the site that matters since it is where you'd add the course and await approval. This site has hundreds of places that the public site doesn't show since you can add old coursework that is no longer valid or in this case got an extension (the only thing that matters is whether the coursework was completed during the evaluated period).

Although you have to have an account to add the course, it looks like their search page from the above site is public. Try searching https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...chCriteria and type ALEKS into the organization blank.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
I sent them an email today just to see if there has been any update. Here is how they responded--

Quote:Thank you for contacting ALEKS.

We are currently in the process of renewing our contract with ACE. We anticipate that everything will continue to work as usual. We should know more within a couple weeks. Please check back with us after November 1st and we should have more information available.

So it sounds like they are in the process of "renewing [their] contract with ACE." However, it sounds like a money fight as they "anticipate that everything will continue to work" and will "know more within a couple weeks." I guess we'll know more one way or the other on Nov. 1st.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
I am sure I already said this, but I'll say it again out of sheer frustration ;p....This is one of my LAST classes I need before I am allowed to take my last 2 nursing courses at TESC. I was so looking forward to finally digging into ALEKS and getting this monkey off my back. Now, with 2 TESC classes and 2 papers due in the next 2 weeks. I don't think I can cram in any more learning. On the other hand, I was sold on ALEKS, because I am a math phobe, and doing a test at home at my own pace seems way less stressful.

What's a realistic time period from the time you start, "Intermediate Algebra" until you would be likely to get college credit? In other words, if I started today, would that leave me enough time to pass intermediate Algebra by the end of the month? I guess I am taking a poll here. How long did it take people from the first time they signed on with ALEKS for Intermediate Algebra until they had/saw the credit on ACE?

Oh man, I am sitting here and the Queen song "Under Pressure" keeps popping in my head!

Thanks for keeping the updates coming. Seeing one person already has credit showing on ACE for October, has allowed me to breathe a bit more easily.

Thanks again IC family Big Grin
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 614 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,928 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,800 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,773 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 373 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,463 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 529 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 623 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,257 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader