Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE
OST Wrote:For the people who already completed their Aleks course or are almost done, I suggest completing it and still trying to transfer it to your university anyway. Who knows, it might actually transfer and if they decline it then tell them that you started the course before it expired at ACE and see if they can still accept it. Don't give up!

This won't work. The only way to transfer it to a college is to have it on an ACE transcript. ACE will not add the course to the transcript if it wasn't completed during the period it was approved for credit.

gunit1 Wrote:I have pre calc and intermediate algebra credit already given at TESC back in 2012, it is on my academic profile and I should be graduating in June, could this be a problem for me?

No. Schools go by what's on the ACE transcript. ACE doesn't put anything on a transcript that wasn't approved for credit.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:This won't work. The only way to transfer it to a college is to have it on an ACE transcript. ACE will not add the course to the transcript if it wasn't completed during the period it was approved for credit.

No. Schools go by what's on the ACE transcript. ACE doesn't put anything on a transcript that wasn't approved for credit.

THank you, I just wasn't 100% sure since I started thinking paranoid "Maybe it has to be CURRENTLY approved at the time of graduation".... Smile Thanks for the reassurance
Please call or email ALEKS, ask for them to seek re-evaluation. Sign Shawn's petition, and let's make some noise. For those of you in limbo, do NOT FINISH your class, it will get kicked back as rejected. Let it ride for a few days until ALEKS can give us some information.
Someone else already pointed this out, but ALEKS is completely gone off the ACE website. If you go to the ACE site and look under all the organizations that start with "A", ALEKS is no where to be found.

There are quite a few organizations who haven't offered any ACE approved courses in over a year, but yet they are still listed. Very suspicious.....
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
gunit1 Wrote:I have pre calc and intermediate algebra credit already given at TESC back in 2012, it is on my academic profile and I should be graduating in June, could this be a problem for me?

No. Once you have been given the credit from before ALEKS lost ACE approval you are good to go. Anyone enrolling after 9/30 won't receive credit. So put your mind at ease about the courses you already completed.
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
ironheadjack Wrote:Someone else already pointed this out, but ALEKS is completely gone off the ACE website. If you go to the ACE site and look under all the organizations that start with "A", ALEKS is no where to be found.

There are quite a few organizations who haven't offered any ACE approved courses in over a year, but yet they are still listed. Very suspicious.....

I just checked and all the courses I through ALEKS, including those from last year when I was working on a BSBA that I'm not doing now, are still on my ACE transcript. Yet all of them have the 9/30 date under te course description. So if I ever do decide to finish that BSBA I could still use them, although I don't remember how long they stay on the transcript. 10 years maybe? Eh, I'm too busy with the masters degree now anyways.

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

If anyone is looking for an alternative to ALEKS with unproctored exams, this thread from the other forum might have some possibilities:

I still need one RA math class

Just remember though that this thread dates from 2009 and might not be correct anymore. I have no idea if Penn Foster, COSC or CalCampus still have the courses that thread describes.

One more possibility. American Public/Military University. I did a quick scan of the syllabus for their College Algebra 110 course and all the tests and final exam are open book and unproctored. The final is time though and is worth 20% of final grade. Pricier than ALEKS I know but something to consider if proctored and closed book exams are too much for you in this subject.

sanantone Wrote:If this is a business decision based on the cost of ACE evaluation outweighing the extra customers it brings, then a petition is not going to do anything.

And this is where a petition could work, showing them how many unhappy people there are...
OST Wrote:For the people who already completed their Aleks course or are almost done, I suggest completing it and still trying to transfer it to your university anyway. Who knows, it might actually transfer and if they decline it then tell them that you started the course before it expired at ACE and see if they can still accept it. Don't give up!

Bad advice - how will you transcribe the course?

Best thing is to call ALEKS, sign the petition as well. Make some noise. Sometimes....businesses listen to customers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 614 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,928 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,800 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,773 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 373 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,458 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 529 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 623 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,257 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader