Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash cards
I was wondering if someone had or can point me in the right direction for some flash cards for the following CLEP/DSST exams:
CLEP-
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
Introductory Psychology
Introductory Sociology

DSST-
Technical Writing
Physical Geology

I am using an android tablet and had an app for flash cards, I am willing to put them on any of the flash card apps for anyone to use if needed. Just thought it would help out everyone. That and those are some of the classes I need for my BSAST degree through TESC. Also, does anyone have any info about the pre-calculus course available through ALEKS and if they are a reputable company to try to finish one math class. Thanks for all of the info posted on this website everyone. Please either post a reply here for any information.
InstantCert has some great flashcards for Introductory Psychology and Sociology. Quizlet has some great free flashcards. Below are the links to the Quizlet searches for the other tests:

Technical Writing DSST Flashcards: Technical writing dsst flashcard sets and study tools | Quizlet
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP: Analyzing and interpreting literature clep flashcard sets and study tools | Quizlet
(none for Physical Geo.)

I think Quizlet has an app, as well.

Yes, ALEKS is awesome! I only took one class through them (Introduction to Statisitics), but worked very well for me. Smile
CLEPs:
Biology: 64 | College Algebra: 60 | A&IL: 74 | Natural Sciences: 62 | College Comp: 62 | Intro Psychology: 73 | Intro Sociology: 67 | History of the U.S. I: 73 | History of the U.S. II: 65 | Principles of Marketing: 66 | Social Sciences & History: 68 | Humanities: 58

DSSTs:
Environment & Humanity: 59 | Technical Writing: 66 | Public Speaking: 67/Pass | Astronomy: 72

Other Courses:
Intro to Stats ALEKS: 70 | 24 FEMAs (including PDS) | Intro to News Reporting TECEP: Pass | Interpersonal Communication ECE: A | News Writing @ TESC: A | TESC Leadership Communication: A | TESC Mass Communication I: A | TESC Capstone: A | Marketing Communications TECEP: Pass | Argumentation & Debate @ LSU: A | Public Relations Thought & Practice TECEP: Pass

120/120 - DONE!!!
B.A. Communications through CollegePlus/TESC
My degree plan/test feedback
Thanks for the info, how much is Aleks, and how long did it take you to finish the class? Did you have to do anything special to transfer the credits to your school?

Lady Grace of Pemberley Wrote:InstantCert has some great flashcards for Introductory Psychology and Sociology. Quizlet has some great free flashcards. Below are the links to the Quizlet searches for the other tests:

Technical Writing DSST Flashcards: Technical writing dsst flashcard sets and study tools | Quizlet
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP: Analyzing and interpreting literature clep flashcard sets and study tools | Quizlet
(none for Physical Geo.)

I think Quizlet has an app, as well.

Yes, ALEKS is awesome! I only took one class through them (Introduction to Statisitics), but worked very well for me. Smile
frankshorey Wrote:Thanks for the info, how much is Aleks, and how long did it take you to finish the class? Did you have to do anything special to transfer the credits to your school?

My thoughts on my ALEKS course are near the top of this post: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...post136709

ALEKS cost $20/per month, and I finished my course in ~a week. Basically, ALEKS assess your initial comprehension of the course's math skills and then guides you through learning the areas you are weaker. It is all online and can be completed at your own pace. In order to complete the course and earn college credit, you must prove you have mastered at least 70% of the course material by taking an assessment and scoring 70% or higher. Some people will are already familiar with the math in a course may score 70% or higher on their initial assessment, in which case they are done with the course and may apply for a transcript from ACE.

The courses are quite learner-friendly. You will work through different sections of the course and fill up your "pie chart," which shows your course progress. In order to complete a section, you will work on a specific type of problem (for example, in the statistics course, probablility), and if you correctly answer two or three consecutive problems, it will be added to your pie chart. Once you answer each question, they will show you the answer and exactly how to work the problem.

Once you have assessed at 70% or higher, you can apply for your college credit to be approved by ACE. First, you must set up an account with ACE ( College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT) ) and submit a transcript request from them. ACE will then confirm with ALEKS that you have completed the necessary amount of material to recieve credit for the course. If you have, then ACE will approve the credit and you will be able to send an ACE transcript to any college that grants credit for ACE credit-recommended courses.

Hope that helps, and please don't hesitate to ask me any more questions! Smile
CLEPs:
Biology: 64 | College Algebra: 60 | A&IL: 74 | Natural Sciences: 62 | College Comp: 62 | Intro Psychology: 73 | Intro Sociology: 67 | History of the U.S. I: 73 | History of the U.S. II: 65 | Principles of Marketing: 66 | Social Sciences & History: 68 | Humanities: 58

DSSTs:
Environment & Humanity: 59 | Technical Writing: 66 | Public Speaking: 67/Pass | Astronomy: 72

Other Courses:
Intro to Stats ALEKS: 70 | 24 FEMAs (including PDS) | Intro to News Reporting TECEP: Pass | Interpersonal Communication ECE: A | News Writing @ TESC: A | TESC Leadership Communication: A | TESC Mass Communication I: A | TESC Capstone: A | Marketing Communications TECEP: Pass | Argumentation & Debate @ LSU: A | Public Relations Thought & Practice TECEP: Pass

120/120 - DONE!!!
B.A. Communications through CollegePlus/TESC
My degree plan/test feedback

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flash Cards to Remember More of What We Studied Long Term camjenks 7 1,417 04-26-2020, 11:52 AM
Last Post: eriehiker
  flash cards sbearden 2 795 04-21-2019, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Has anyone used the flash cards to study for a Saylor exam? xrep08 7 2,789 02-28-2017, 09:27 PM
Last Post: hightecrebel
  Flash cards here and clep study guide doesn't match up anthonyfleming 20 2,696 08-30-2016, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  flash cards are blank alexadam31 4 891 12-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  CLEP HUMANITIES - Can I pass by just studying IC Flash cards? Lee-Ann 12 1,798 12-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Last Post: soliloquy
  how to download the sound flash cards on to i phone baknudse 0 761 09-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Last Post: baknudse
  flash cards rudyrn 1 550 07-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Westerner
  Can't login to study flash cards court2013 2 774 04-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Flash cards simon 4 848 09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Last Post: simon