Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best B.A. degrees to test out of @ TESC?
Lindagerr Wrote:The Excelsior exams Burbuja suggested could fill out your plan. TESC usually takes the Excelsior course number if not appeal it. I did that and got the 6 upper level credits. They are more expensive then CLEP/DSST but they are still not as expensive as a class.

Wow! Per test?

Also, I know this is a stupid question, but does one need to apply/enroll at EC in order to take these exams or can you sign up easily through a website, kind of like CLEP?
Thor Wrote:Incredibly helpful Linda!

I also looked at TESC BA Psych and this was listed at bottom:

Thomas Edison State College | BA in Psychology Credit Distribution

Note 1:
The following TECEPÂ exam, DANTES exam or Guided Study course may be used as an elective in the psychology area of study.

SOS-301-TE Alcohol Abuse: Fundamental Facts (3 credits)
SOS-303-TE Substance Abuse: Fundamental Facts (3 credits)
SOS-305-DE Drug and Alcohol Abuse (3 credits)
SOS-304-GS Drugs and Society (3 credits)

That's 12 credits of UL and I could do this other one for a total of 15:
PSY-361-DE Organizational Behavior (3)**

Now I just need another 3 credit UL & I'm all set. It looks like I'll be going for a Psychology degree Smile...unless there are other BAs out there that I can almost completely test out of. I wouldn't mind taking 1-2 classes, but would prefer the flexibility.

By what you said I'm not sure if you realize they are all the same subject? It's actually only 3crs. go back and read both comments not sure how you missed Note 2 - 303-305 duplicate and I think 301, the old version, was replaced by 303 (which looks like it may have also been pulled). Anyway, there is a choice of the dantes, the TESC course, or take the course at another school and have it transferred in.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
No you do not need to enroll, you just register for a student ID (Free) then you can register to take the test. Usually at a special testing center, mine was about an hour away. The ECE exam I took and some others are 6 credits
Here is the link for the list. [url=http://www.excelsior.edu/ecapps/exams/creditByExam.jsf?gw=1][/url]
http://www.excelsior.edu/home then click credit by exam
Some of the CLEP exams are also 6 credits.

Down to 20 neededConfusedmilelol:
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thor,

Have you already posted your program plan? I'm guessing by your comments you have about 80 credits? It might help if we can take a look at what you already have, possibly get a better feel on what you still need.

You could do a quick cut and paste from your academic eval...of course delete your name. It's strange but you seem famiiiar, probably from the tesc forum?

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thor Wrote:Thanks a lot. Is your husband completing a Psych degree via TESC?

Lol.. slowly but surely. In the past 6 months, he's gone from 12 to 27 credits. So not a bad pace for a B&M school, but a little slow for testing. He'll get there eventually Wink He'll pay to enroll at TESC once he's sure that he can get it completed within a year.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
That's awesome. Thanks for the wealth of information, all.

So in a nutshell, if I understand correctly, the most "flexible" degree, besides Liberal Studies, is going to be Psychology, correct? Smile

I recently spoke to a TESC counselor and I am positive that I will be going on for my Masters through them (M.S. Management) so I'm a tad tempted to just rush the whole B.A. process and get a L.S. degree, but it would be nice to have something a little more "specialized" on my resume, like Psychology, in the meantime. Smile
bricabrac Wrote:By what you said I'm not sure if you realize they are all the same subject? It's actually only 3crs. go back and read both comments not sure how you missed Note 2 - 303-305 duplicate and I think 301, the old version, was replaced by 303 (which looks like it may have also been pulled). Anyway, there is a choice of the dantes, the TESC course, or take the course at another school and have it transferred in.
Yes, I had an "old" moment. Smile Caught that shortly after.
Thor Wrote:Yes, I had an "old" moment. Smile Caught that shortly after.

So, I gather you didn't want to post your program??

You mention "old" moment and I laugh because I've been having quite a few of those lately. They show themselves as deja vus, you certainly remind me of another poster here...CS7/Cherry...you guys are probably in the same age group.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
Thor Wrote:I recently spoke to a TESC counselor and I am positive that I will be going on for my Masters through them (M.S. Management) so I'm a tad tempted to just rush the whole B.A. process and get a L.S. degree, but it would be nice to have something a little more "specialized" on my resume, like Psychology, in the meantime. Smile
If you know that you are going to do the MS in Managemet with TESC, maybe you could do a BSBA in General Management and have some overlapping credits between the two degrees. That may or may not make sense depending on the existing credits you have.
bricabrac Wrote:So, I gather you didn't want to post your program??

You mention "old" moment and I laugh because I've been having quite a few of those lately. They show themselves as deja vus, you certainly remind me of another poster here...CS7/Cherry...you guys are probably in the same age group.

Hi BB,

Not sure what you mean by posting my program. I'm still undecided on that.

And with a 3 in as the first # in my age, I'm really starting to have those "senior" moments it seems! Confusedmilelol:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Degrees and Middle East Countries laoshijeff 5 3,073 09-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Last Post: teacher2
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,991 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Finance by test out clarkin16 5 2,090 08-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  California teaching credential w/ a test-out degree 12save 3 1,757 08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: kevinmane
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,621 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 5,021 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 6,456 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Thumbs Up TEST ASBA yayowonder 4 1,981 07-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  TESU MULTPLE DEGREES docmarvin 24 5,222 06-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: docmarvin
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,361 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore