Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want a regional B.A. degree
Excelsior has a capstone as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm finding that the requirements are so repetitive, that I couldn't keep it down to 25 if I tried. I've got 5 chapters, each with an introduction and a summary. Four of them have a section addressing my questions and sub questions. The fifth chapter is partly a recap of the whole paper. The reference section alone is 3+ pages. Is it a lot of work? Yeah, it is, although it's being made a much worse task because my job is trying to kill me in the same period of time. Honestly 12 weeks to write it, with pretty decent guidance the whole way (plus the mentor is being really understanding about work making me late on assignments)...it really isn't so bad.

So, why am I posting here instead of writing?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Care to share your topic?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
wannafinish Wrote:I have the following:

An A.A. degree from a community college.
12 hours at a university

45 hours of in person courses
78 hours of AP/CLEP/DSST

24 hours in history including 9 upper level hours
18 hours in literature, 3 of those upper level
9 hours of psychology
30 upper level hours total

As you can see, I have 123 hours but no bachelor's degree. I test well but don't like writing lengthy research papers, so TESU is a no go for me. I presume the capstone at Charter Oak would be similar to LIB-495. I thought about a no capstone BSBA, but I would need maybe 30 more hours.

Patten and that private school in New Hampshire looked interesting but they both require 30 hours. Although I want to check the checkbox on a job application, I think nationally accredited is the wrong way to go. I might want to go to graduate school some day.

Hey,
You might want to check Excelsior College. They have a Bachelors in Liberal Arts Degree.
If I recall correctly, that school will allow you to transfer in almost all your credits into their program.
https://my.excelsior.edu/documents/78666...e9de83dc07

I did a quick search for some competency based programs and Hodges, WGU, doesn't seem to have an offering.
Northern Arizona has a program, but seems to only allow 60 credits for transfer, you might want to verify that.
You mentioned you have 12 credits at a university, have you checked with them? You might be overthinking every program and discredit them because of the amount of essays/capstone or cornerstone.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
OP, I feel your pain. I did most (114 of 120 hours) without much writing as I hate writing too. But I sucked it up and enrolled in the Capstone at TESU this month (March 2016). Like Davewill said, you get plenty of guidance from the mentors and input from classmates (assuming you do the online class instead of guided study). I have already finished module 1 which consists of the first chapter and it alone is nearly 10 pages long already. As long as you stick with the guidelines and the breakdown they give you, you'll probably find that you'll be well over the 25 page minimum.

Seriously, don't sweat it. Just make the decision to jump in and go. It won't always be easy, but it's definitely do-able!
MBA - WGU - In Progress
BA Social Sciences - TESU - 2016
Quick question about the amount of writing required here. How many words is a page? Is it double spacing 12 font or single spacing etc? This might sound like a basic question but in the UK we always get assignments that are a certain number of words. Eg 3000 word essay = 3000 +/- 10% and you get penalised if you go over or under that 10%. Just wanted to get an idea of how much words we're talking about in doing these courses.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University
Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: The Open University (UK)***Leading in a Remote Environment: Harvard University***Leadership and Communication: Harvard University***Digital Transformation as a Business and Innovation Strategy: Tec de Monterrey***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
In Progress
MBA, Digital Transformation: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena 
Planned
PGDip, Public Administration: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena
Leedeedee Wrote:Quick question about the amount of writing required here. How many words is a page? Is it double spacing 12 font or single spacing etc? This might sound like a basic question but in the UK we always get assignments that are a certain number of words. Eg 3000 word essay = 3000 +/- 10% and you get penalised if you go over or under that 10%. Just wanted to get an idea of how much words we're talking about in doing these courses.

I think the general rule of thumb is 250-300 words per page if double spaced, 12 point font, 1 inch margins. Here is an online calculator to help: Convert Words to Pages - Free Calculator (select font & size)
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
I wonder how it would work to use the voice function on a mobile phone, to dictate contents of a paper onto a simple word processing document on the phone. I've never done it, but I wonder if this would make it easier for those who don't like to write. Has anybody tried this? There is also computer software for this purpose, but I was trying to think of a free way to avoid writing.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
tesu-acct-student Wrote:I think the general rule of thumb is 250-300 words per page if double spaced, 12 point font, 1 inch margins. Here is an online calculator to help: Convert Words to Pages - Free Calculator (select font & size)

That's really helpful, thank you. Smile
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University
Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: The Open University (UK)***Leading in a Remote Environment: Harvard University***Leadership and Communication: Harvard University***Digital Transformation as a Business and Innovation Strategy: Tec de Monterrey***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
In Progress
MBA, Digital Transformation: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena 
Planned
PGDip, Public Administration: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena
just read about evernote for blogging. That could probably work for papers too with some tweaking .
SL Business Ethics
SL intro to Business
SL Business Law
SL intro to world religion
SL Accounting 1
PF Strategic management
SL organizational behavior
SL Principles of management
SL macroeconomics
SL microeconomics
SL accounting 2
SL intro bus statistics
PF Corporate Finance
PF International Business
PF Marketing
Alek's College Algebra
SL English comp 2
PF market research
PF retail management
PF HR management
SL Business Communication
S.C Principles of Finance
That is all of my requirements completed.!!

BSBA Thomas Edison State University 2016

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 445 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,529 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,928 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,444 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,447 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,627 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 773 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,983 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Teen walks at graduation after completing doctoral degree at 17 lisarox 9 894 05-17-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy