54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
I don't think it's fair, let the schools pay their student loans back. :p

I've got some loans I would love for the government to cancel. Wink
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
The easy student loans will come to an end in 10 years and you will see many not have to pay any of it back.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
The great majority of people cannot repay this loans and the banks know it.What would be the point of forgiving the loans.
Its better to let them default and reap the result of their actions. Otherwise it would not be fair for the people that are responsible
and pay their loans (of any type). Forgiveness is to promote a moral hazard and that is dangerous for the economy.
This is what happens when government gets involved.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
This wouldn't be as big of a problem as it is now if schools didn't charge so much and students exercised common sense, i.e. don't go to an expensive, private college for an art degree.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
Yup but it's still happening that way until the bubble bursts.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
I am tired of being responsible, paying my bills, not living above my means and paying for the people who are to lazy,stupid or selfish to get away with not doing the right thing.

I didn't go out and buy a house that was bigger and better when the banks were giving away mortgages, because I knew I couldn't really afford it. Now I am paying for all the forclosed homes and lost 15-30% of the equity in the house I kept.

Now, after my children and I did not go to expensive colleges or take student loans we are going to have to pay off the loans of others.

When and how are people going to learn to buy responsibly and pay for their own mistakes when the government keeps forgiving their mistakes and make the rest of us pay for it?
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:I am tired of being responsible, paying my bills, not living above my means and paying for the people who are to lazy,stupid or selfish to get away with not doing the right thing.

I didn't go out and buy a house that was bigger and better when the banks were giving away mortgages, because I knew I couldn't really afford it. Now I am paying for all the forclosed homes and lost 15-30% of the equity in the house I kept.

Now, after my children and I did not go to expensive colleges or take student loans we are going to have to pay off the loans of others.

When and how are people going to learn to buy responsibly and pay for their own mistakes when the government keeps forgiving their mistakes and make the rest of us pay for it?

They won't learn until they are allowed to fail.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 555 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 40,372 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,509 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  A new program in Colorado recognizes students who didn’t complete their bachelor’s de davewill 4 793 07-06-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Older teacher gets the students! bjcheung77 2 379 06-21-2024, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UK students invading US institutions! And more... bjcheung77 1 350 05-20-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  First AI supercomputer for Georgia Tech student. Imbanewbie 3 550 04-22-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Gaince
  Seattle and Sydney Student News... bjcheung77 1 357 02-21-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Amazing Student - High IQ bjcheung77 3 597 02-16-2024, 03:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 1,150 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill