Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spring registration
Is anyone taking online courses this semster? I am taking 2. The first is Anatomy and Physiology 2 through Ocean County College and it's a prereq for the nursing program I want to apply to. My second is a grad level biology class through Harvard Extension. I just can't seem to stay away from that college hilarious That class totally won't count for anything I need (unless I end up going for a master's with them...which is always in the back of my mind!!) Anyway, I'm also thinking about doing ALEKS Stats to prepare for the DSST exam. A full plate for sure, but I seem extra motivated this semester, so we shall see how it goes.
Who else??
cookderosa Wrote:Is anyone taking online courses this semster? I am taking 2. The first is Anatomy and Physiology 2 through Ocean County College and it's a prereq for the nursing program I want to apply to. My second is a grad level biology class through Harvard Extension. I just can't seem to stay away from that college hilarious That class totally won't count for anything I need (unless I end up going for a master's with them...which is always in the back of my mind!!) Anyway, I'm also thinking about doing ALEKS Stats to prepare for the DSST exam. A full plate for sure, but I seem extra motivated this semester, so we shall see how it goes.
Who else??

Hi Jennifer,
I'm only taking one class, International Terrorism. My last class to be exact for my BSLS with EC. It actually starts in January for 8 weeks. I'll be so happy when its over. I think I'll take a couple of months break before starting on my Masters.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
I took and finished an 8-week course at UWF for my employer, EVT 4380 Methods of Teaching Career and Technical Education for Health Sciences; and am now taking another 8-week course at the same institution, EVT 3367 Career and Technical Education Evaluation (testing and assessment methods).

I will have a few months off and then have another employer required course at UWF that will start in March of 2010 for another 8-weeks. EVT 4562 Introduction to Career and Technical Special Needs Education.

All four combined will provide 10 credits that hopefully EC will accept.

Looking forward to the break in between so I can get back to DSSTs. I need more upper level credits to go toward the BSL at EC Smile
Harvard Extension does look fun. So many schools, so little time Wink

If I can get through ALEKS Business Stats (pre-req) in time, I am going to take Quantitative Methods at EC. My recently-completed Managerial Accounting class was a good start towards the Principles of Finance DSST, so I will probably do that in January. I never learned algebra, so ALEKS for that, starting in December, if I can handle the load.

I have DSST Org Behavior this coming Monday. I'm looking forward to the exam; I know the subject well and have been preparing. I expect to push my GPA over 3.5 with it Smile

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
cookderosa Wrote:Is anyone taking online courses this semster? I am taking 2.

Anyway, I'm also thinking about doing ALEKS Stats to prepare for the DSST exam. Who else??

Hey Jennifer! I am thinking about Managerial Accounting here at the local community college this (next?) spring to get it out of the way.

I was wondering - if you're gonna take Aleks Stats, why not just complete the course through them? I am curious about using Aleks as prep for the DSST test. Can you explain the logic to me? I have Stats coming up on my radar and really value your opinion. Thanks so much!!

Kelly
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
jadechow Wrote:Hey Jennifer! I am thinking about Managerial Accounting here at the local community college this (next?) spring to get it out of the way.

I was wondering - if you're gonna take Aleks Stats, why not just complete the course through them? I am curious about using Aleks as prep for the DSST test. Can you explain the logic to me? I have Stats coming up on my radar and really value your opinion. Thanks so much!!

Kelly
>>

Kelly, that's what I would do but the school I am applying to would be confused. Big Grin
Oh, got it. You're the best, Jennifer. I know it's been said before but it bears repeating - you've been such an inspiration to so many of us here. Thanks!
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
I'm taking 12 hours from University of Arkansas at Little Rock this semester. I have two semesters left if I can pass my four remaining exams: Speech, College Algebra, Western Civ II, and Spanish. I passed the Western Civ II before, but didn't pass the college essay. I'll have to decide if I should take just the essay or try for a higher score on the CLEP (they use the CLEP score to determine the essay score somehow, :confused: ).
[SIZE="1"]Introductory Sociology 70
Biology 64
Principles of Management 69
Principles of Marketing 61
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 75 (w/ passing on essay)
English Composition w/ essay 65
American Government 61
Western Civilization I 72 (w/ passing on college essay)
Western Civilization II 63
Intro to Criminal Justice 446
U.S. History I 78 (w/ passing on college essay)
U.S. History II 71 (w/ passing on college essay)
Introductory Business Law 73
Principles of Public Speaking 71 (w/ passing on speech)
Spanish 74
College Mathematics 59 [/SIZE]

How good are you? Take the good person test. . . http://www.whatstandard.com/
Drummerboy Wrote:I'm taking 12 hours from University of Arkansas at Little Rock this semester. I have two semesters left if I can pass my four remaining exams: Speech, College Algebra, Western Civ II, and Spanish. I passed the Western Civ II before, but didn't pass the college essay. I'll have to decide if I should take just the essay or try for a higher score on the CLEP (they use the CLEP score to determine the essay score somehow, :confused: ).
>>

Ohhh, my dad lives in Little Rock! As I remember, they have a super low in-state tuition rate. Essay for Western Civ :eek: That's soooo not my subject lol, hat's off to you!!
I think I broke something in my head trying to comprehend an essay for CLEP Western Civ. :confused:

I start my teaching methods courses in January and could not be more excited, even if it will cut into my substitute teaching time. Because these are graduate-level courses, though, I'm a little intimidated by the final projects involved.

I'm hoping to have CLEP Biology in the bag before the new semester starts.
BS Literature in English cum laude, Excelsior College
currently pursuing K-8 MAT, University of Alaska Southeast (42/51).

IC works! Credits by exam to date: 63

CLEP: A&I Lit (72), Am Gov (69), Biology (58), Intro to Ed Psych (73), Intro Psych (77), Intro Soc (72), US History I (69)
DSST: Astronomy (65), Civil War (63), Intro Computing (463), Environment & Humanity (70), Foundations of Ed (68), USSR (54)
GRE: Literature in English (60th percentile / 18 cr)

On Deck: classroom research & instructional design

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IIE spring snapshot highlights US return to “pre-pandemic state” bjcheung77 0 391 07-14-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ACE registration SSN / Student ID Number Cyberbox 1 821 02-29-2020, 05:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question: CLEP, DSST,... before or after registration den_tom 3 934 05-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  AP Exam Registration Deadlines Approaching KayV 0 628 02-25-2017, 11:12 AM
Last Post: KayV
  COSC Spring Session Registration humbleAMG 1 597 11-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  DSST - Military members are eligible for 1 free retake this spring/summer dfrecore 0 897 04-01-2016, 01:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Syllabus Access Before Registration UptonSinclair 3 818 05-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Hunter91
  KCTCS Learn on Demand registration change UptonSinclair 3 974 03-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  Spring buddies kiyanalynn 0 456 03-15-2015, 03:08 AM
Last Post: kiyanalynn
  Who is starting a new degree program Spring 2015? soliloquy 0 494 01-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Last Post: soliloquy