Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
info lit
It’s been a long time since I checked in here. I need to get some information from the Excelsior experts in the room. My wife is trying to complete an AA through Excelsior. I believe she has all here credits except for the information literacy (1cr) requirement. I think I have read in previous forum posts that this class can be satisfied with the Penn Foster course. Is this information still accurate? If so how do you sign up for just one class? I’ve checked out the website and there is only a 1-800 number to call. I remember past post on this forum listed names and numbers of people at Penn Foster but I’m not sure if they are still good contact as these posts are dated.
Seahag

BS, Individual Studies (Real Estate & Business) – Charter Oak State College
Undergraduate Certificate, Real Estate – Marylhurst University
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Penn Foster College - Business and Industrial # is 1-800-233-0259

Call and ask to speak to Mary-Beth, she'll help you. This one credit course is only $75.00.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
This info is still good, except that the cost is $90 now I think and they'll transfer you to whomever handles your region in the country, so you might not get Mary Beth.

Yep, they still accept it at EC, and its pretty much cake. And the exams are not proctored anymore, so that's a bonus.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
thanks for the info...
Seahag

SEAHAG Wrote:It’s been a long time since I checked in here. I need to get some information from the Excelsior experts in the room. My wife is trying to complete an AA through Excelsior. I believe she has all here credits except for the information literacy (1cr) requirement. I think I have read in previous forum posts that this class can be satisfied with the Penn Foster course. Is this information still accurate? If so how do you sign up for just one class? I’ve checked out the website and there is only a 1-800 number to call. I remember past post on this forum listed names and numbers of people at Penn Foster but I’m not sure if they are still good contact as these posts are dated.

Hey--just so you know, COC still has the LMTECH 100 Introduction to Research class--and it's entirely on-line now. So, if $$$ are an issue at all, the course would only be $26 plus whatever small fees there are. It took a month when I did (it was blended at the time) and was a decent class. It looks like it's still taught by the same instructor. So, if you can wait for the next semester to start, there's another option.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
Thanks Michael - She wants to finish this class ASAP so she is going w/ Penn Foster... I always forget about COC as a cheap local option...
Seahag

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  International GCSE Sciences (EU/UK) Info bjcheung77 6 550 05-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  RBA Degree Info? learningthehardway 17 3,190 05-12-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  Help finding a thread (or info) on FAFS reconsideration based on lower 2020 income studyingfortests 2 777 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Sophia Info Tech vs CLEP Info Systems - same? SCYankee 5 2,315 02-25-2020, 02:21 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Sophia/CLEP/DSST Info Tech exams = all same? SCYankee 2 1,591 02-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
Heart CURRENT info on a BS in Business or Management or Leadership from the BIG THREE Sowak777 6 1,566 01-27-2020, 06:14 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Can anyone give me info on up to date oct 2019 degree plans lukeskywalker 2 1,156 10-14-2019, 09:43 AM
Last Post: lukeskywalker
  DSST Study Guide Info- Sub Abuse & Law Enf law26214 0 983 05-19-2019, 08:11 PM
Last Post: law26214
Information The DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, and more! jsd 0 92,633 02-06-2019, 08:10 PM
Last Post: jsd
  COSC degree plan for BSGS w/ concentration in Info Systems rvm 12 2,563 01-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Last Post: rvm