Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to earn Master Credits ?
Amberton is very generous on their graduate transfer approval for the Professional Development program. The most common classes selected from VESI for transfer come via Augustana:

Understanding Aggression
Behavior is Language
Why DI?
Try DI!

As always suggested, call/email prior with Amberton to confirm before knocking these classes out.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Excelsior has a liberal arts degree which allows 12 transfer credits. I'd check with them too.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(10-20-2017, 11:30 AM)videogamesrock Wrote: Excelsior has a liberal arts degree which allows 12 transfer credits. I'd check with them too.

Unfortunately, EDU credits are unlikely to be accepted into a Liberal Arts program. Their Liberal Arts Masters is 33 credits - even with 15 credits in transfer, the remaining 8 credits are at $645 per.
(10-20-2017, 01:32 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 11:30 AM)videogamesrock Wrote: Excelsior has a liberal arts degree which allows 12 transfer credits. I'd check with them too.

Unfortunately, EDU credits are unlikely to be accepted into a Liberal Arts program. Their Liberal Arts Masters is 33 credits - even with 15 credits in transfer, the remaining 8 credits are at $645 per.

I'm posting this here for curiosity (and so I don't forget to research it later), but I wonder if there are any other programs (like Amberton, but not Amberton) that will accept 40-50% of a Masters degree from any credits AND offer tuition under $300.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 2 users Like Thorne's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, High_Order1
Honestly, Amberton is pretty much the only one that will accept 33% of transfer credits for a MA. 

I know there's a few Nationally Accredited online colleges that will accept 50% - however, the issues are:

1) They are NA credits
2) Those credits have to be in that field (for instance, you have to have Business grad credits to transfer in for the MBA - and there are no quick/cheap Business grad credits)
3) They aren't cheaper than $300

Amberton is your best bet.
I know it's hard to wrap your head around because of the plethora of options for BA credits - I mean, there MUST be some gimmick. 
There's really not much. 

Amberton's great, man. Regionally Accredited, decent reputation, non-profit, cheap, can do all online, able to transfer in 12 VESI credits... can't beat em if you JUST want a basic Master's.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kevinmane's post:
  • Yenisei
(10-20-2017, 01:40 PM)Thorne Wrote: I'm posting this here for curiosity (and so I don't forget to research it later), but I wonder if there are any other programs (like Amberton, but not Amberton) that will accept 40-50% of a Masters degree from any credits AND offer tuition under $300.

Well Liberty takes up to 50% transfer for most or all of theirs. They are a cheap for military, military spouses, veterans, and DOD employees. A lot more for others. Liberty takes NA too but it seems like they refuse plenty of courses.

AMU/APUS allows 50% transfer in and you can PLA 9 credits.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 2 users Like videogamesrock's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Ideas
Excelsior allows up to 50% transfer credits. They have an MS in Health Science with a concentration in Health Professions Education. Some of these graduate continuing education courses might work for that program.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I spent a bit of time looking at the VESI classes today.

One thing to note- they are 2 credits each, not 3. I only point that out because an earlier post talks about 4 classes/12 credits. So, I don't know if that means you can only still take 4 for Amberton and get 8cr or if you can take 6 to get 12cr. I didn't look that up. They do, however, have 30+ graduate courses (2 cr ea) for $240 all with the EDU prefix. That's a deal!!

Similarly, Annenberg's learner.org has 2 and 3 credit EDU courses similar price range and 2 with a science prefix.

It's easy enough to find these, and nice enough price tag, but I just don't know what you can do with them?
Mixed in the 2 credit courses, there are several courses that are 3 credit course with Vesi. These listed below are the ones I took for 3 credits and there are a total of 11 available through Augustana University

Understanding Aggression
Behavior is Language
Why DI?
Try DI!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 3 users Like RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • cookderosa, GoodYellowDogs, Thorne

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online credits but for the UK questionquestions 4 346 08-21-2024, 05:54 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  CS50 on EdX issues ACE credits?! Robson 10 839 08-20-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: wow
  TESU BA Computer Science - SDC credits newdegree 4 417 07-15-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 8 1,041 06-01-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 1,627 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 825 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 477 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 6,413 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 860 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 4,300 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219