Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having a hard time and feeling like an idiot...
(12-25-2017, 10:17 AM)davewill Wrote: You have to use your own judgement about whether the exact word is important. If you use a truly equivalent wording, you can privately consider your answer correct.

(12-25-2017, 10:18 AM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: There is solid advice already posted. The IC study 'blanks' plenty of times had their way with me Wink but the resources of IC & Free Clep Prep provided perfect value to secure the knowledge needed to pass the exams. My daughters have used the same resources (teenagers) and have been successful with all attempts. Keep putting in the study time, take some more practice tests and then get those credits locked up!

Thanks to both of you, this boosts confidence a bit... i'll just be honest, I find the IC method boggling. I think I understand the FCP stuff pretty well but the IC test makes me feel stupid... despite that I ended up keeping access to it a second month so i'm already in for another $30. I had to move my test date up to the last friday possible before my spring semester starts - Jan 5th - and i'm just going to plow through it the best I can and hope for the best. I'll post followups as to whether I was worried over nothing, bombed horribly, or was just confused by the way IC works.

(12-25-2017, 12:08 PM)clep3705 Wrote: At this point, taking the real test might be the most efficient use of your time.

I bumped it to Jan 5th to give me the maxp ossible time, I still wanted to study for a second test which I think is going to be Principles of Management - i'm going to get the FCP pay-download for that as well and drill on that the best I can and just make a leap of faith out of this....

...I guess what I was asking everyone was, am I being a fool for doing so, or is there "yet another really good" recommended source I should be adding along with the Modern States training?
(12-29-2017, 04:07 AM)blaczkowitz Wrote:
(12-25-2017, 10:17 AM)davewill Wrote: You have to use your own judgement about whether the exact word is important. If you use a truly equivalent wording, you can privately consider your answer correct.

(12-25-2017, 10:18 AM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: There is solid advice already posted. The IC study 'blanks' plenty of times had their way with me Wink  but the resources of  IC & Free Clep Prep provided perfect value to secure the knowledge needed to pass the exams. My daughters have used the same resources (teenagers) and have been successful with all attempts. Keep putting in the study time, take some more practice tests and then get those credits locked up!

Thanks to both of you, this boosts confidence a bit...  i'll just be honest, I find the IC method boggling.  I think I understand the FCP stuff pretty well but the IC test makes me feel stupid...  despite that I ended up keeping access to it a second month so i'm already in for another $30.  I had to move my test date up to the last friday possible before my spring semester starts - Jan 5th - and i'm just going to plow through it the best I can and hope for the best.  I'll post followups as to whether I was worried over nothing, bombed horribly, or was just confused by the way IC works.

(12-25-2017, 12:08 PM)clep3705 Wrote: At this point, taking the real test might be the most efficient use of your time.

I bumped it to Jan 5th to give me the maxp ossible time, I still wanted to study for a second test which I think is going to be Principles of Management - i'm going to get the FCP pay-download for that as well and drill on that the best I can and just make a leap of faith out of this....

...I guess what I was asking everyone was, am I being a fool for doing so, or is there "yet another really good" recommended source I should be adding along with the Modern States training?

No you're not being a fool...you're just human! If I remember correctly because it's been 9 years since I've taken that exam...I got a Intro to Marketing book from the public library by Harper-Collins company. I also believe the Barrons Business Review Series has a Marketing book. I used IC and that book and scored pretty well. And not to frustrate you more because we all have mixed reviews on Saylor but you can take the practice final on there for Principles of Marketing and it's free.

I firmly believe you'll do just fine. And quick CLEP tip. To save on time because 90 minutes can go by quite fast if your nervous and paranoid...Never spend more than 1 minute on any one question. If you don't know the answer right away then skip it and go to the next. Try to answer all of the questions that you KNOW with minimal effort first and get those out of the way. Then you can relax and use the remainder of your time to focus on the questions that you skipped. 

Another boost for you. You usually from what I understand...only need to get about 60 questions right out of 100 to secure a pass. ACE only requires a 50 unless your college plays their own score game. So you'll be fine. Make sure you get some rest and eat a light breakfast before test time. Don't do like I did and eat 2 McDoubles, a McChicken and two large fries... then I'm wondering why 40 minutes into the exam I got the ITIS!!!

Happy New Year to you and keep us posted when you kick that exams rear-end :-)

Sincerely,

Marshall
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
[-] The following 1 user Likes mlwilliamsiv's post:
  • blaczkowitz

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling overwhelmed JerBear3000 2 235 09-12-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 201 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  Commencement Time Again Charles Fout 1 280 05-09-2024, 07:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 3,078 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 1,347 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 13,076 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Sometimes even heroes have it hard... (no cellphone to use) bjcheung77 0 346 05-13-2023, 05:33 PM
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 477 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 625 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
  NYU professor fired... Organic chem class too hard! bjcheung77 12 1,356 10-12-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Pats20