Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any website to practice biology??
hey guys
is there any website to practice bio? i have REA bio book without CD. just wondering if someone can help me with this?
thanks
Need 40 credits

Credits taken and passed
College algebra 3 credits
Coll maths 6 credits
English composition without essay 3 credits
Biology 6 credits
Natural science 6 credits
Intro to psych 3 credits
Human growth n development 3 credits
There are three obvious options that don't raise any ethical issues:

1. Pay for an InstantCert subscription and use the biology flashcards.

2. Pay for the Peterson's CLEP biology practice tests: Peterson's Practice Tests for the CLEP Biology -- Peterson's Test Prep Center

3. Go ahead and take the actual CLEP test. If you don't pass, you can take it again in six months.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Clepclep Wrote:hey guys
is there any website to practice bio? i have REA bio book without CD. just wondering if someone can help me with this?
thanks

Well, what would you like to do exactly? Virtual labs?
Have you looked att he offerings of Khan Academy? Khan Academy

Otherwise not sure what your looking for???
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
thanks for reply guys...

i am planning to take clep biology exam next week. Looking to practice the same. I am talking about the free practice test. Let me know if you guys know anything. I have the REA book without CD. I want to practice like the real exam. I do not have any other practice resources other than instantcert and REA book. I would like to practice the test in given time like the real exam to know my strength and weakness in bio.

thanks in advance. really appreciate your help
Need 40 credits

Credits taken and passed
College algebra 3 credits
Coll maths 6 credits
English composition without essay 3 credits
Biology 6 credits
Natural science 6 credits
Intro to psych 3 credits
Human growth n development 3 credits
Peterson's practice exams are very difficult for this CLEP, but worth reading/working through. If you are not in the military, check to see if your local library and any large affiliated libraries in nearby big cities offer it online through the "Testing and Education Resource Center".
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Clepclep Wrote:I have the REA book without CD.

I recommend buying REA books without the CDs. Typically the CD contains one less practice test than the number of tests printed in the book. In other words, even if you use the CD to take practice tests, you'll still have to use the book to take the final practice test. I find that reviewing the rationales for the answers printed in the book as far more efficient than reviewing the results of the test from the CD. The CD is for Windows only. It won't work on a Mac or Linux machine.

Amazon.com: CLEP Official Study Guide 2012 (9780874479768): The College Board: Books is a great source for accurate practice tests.

Additional Wikipedia links have been posted here: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ology.html
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Try your local library system or CC for access to the "Gale testing and educational resource center) TERC. If your system sybscribes to that they usually have a link to free practice exams. One might find success with google and the info above.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
The REA books with the CD do have all three exams; only the CD has only two of the three loaded. I would just take the third exam on paper. I actually enjoyed the computerized exams. YMMV.

You can also use Flash cards, vocabulary memorization, and study games | Quizlet and search biology. You can alter the settings so the flashcards become quizzes. Choose a set of cards, click the study box, you will see on the right choices for settings M/C, T/F, matching, etc...

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Clepclep Wrote:thanks for reply guys...

i am planning to take clep biology exam next week. Looking to practice the same. I am talking about the free practice test. Let me know if you guys know anything. I have the REA book without CD. I want to practice like the real exam. I do not have any other practice resources other than instantcert and REA book. I would like to practice the test in given time like the real exam to know my strength and weakness in bio.

thanks in advance. really appreciate your help

Go to your local library and get a copy of the CLEP Official Guide. It also has a free practice exam. Don't make the mistake of taking the same exam more than once, or it's not a reliable measure of your readiness. Just take the 3 REA practice and the official guide practice. Beyond that, for $20 you can take 3 of the Peterson's which are very good.

On a side note, after your test, would you like to sell your REA Bio book? That's the exact one I'm looking for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 463 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 456 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,324 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Amberton website (major) redesign allvia 8 926 08-02-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  ACE Website is down? dfrecore 3 728 07-04-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Looking for an RA Online Biology II w Lab Fountains of Roses 10 1,918 02-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Cheap and Fast Online Biology Degrees mgmar22 2 1,810 01-09-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,427 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
  Just found this website today - Seeking Wisdom Never2Late2Learn 18 3,405 12-21-2019, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Never2Late2Learn
  Peterson's Practice Tests mseldomridge 9 3,842 11-20-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Heisrisen2916