Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
any website to practice biology?? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: any website to practice biology?? (/Thread-any-website-to-practice-biology)

Pages: 1 2

any website to practice biology?? - Clepclep - 03-10-2012

hey guys
is there any website to practice bio? i have REA bio book without CD. just wondering if someone can help me with this?
thanks

any website to practice biology?? - clep3705 - 03-10-2012

There are three obvious options that don't raise any ethical issues:

1. Pay for an InstantCert subscription and use the biology flashcards.

2. Pay for the Peterson's CLEP biology practice tests: Peterson's Practice Tests for the CLEP Biology -- Peterson's Test Prep Center

3. Go ahead and take the actual CLEP test. If you don't pass, you can take it again in six months.

any website to practice biology?? - cookderosa - 03-10-2012

Clepclep Wrote:hey guys
is there any website to practice bio? i have REA bio book without CD. just wondering if someone can help me with this?
thanks

Well, what would you like to do exactly? Virtual labs?

any website to practice biology?? - rebel100 - 03-11-2012

Have you looked att he offerings of Khan Academy? Khan Academy

Otherwise not sure what your looking for???

any website to practice biology?? - Clepclep - 03-11-2012

thanks for reply guys...

i am planning to take clep biology exam next week. Looking to practice the same. I am talking about the free practice test. Let me know if you guys know anything. I have the REA book without CD. I want to practice like the real exam. I do not have any other practice resources other than instantcert and REA book. I would like to practice the test in given time like the real exam to know my strength and weakness in bio.

thanks in advance. really appreciate your help

any website to practice biology?? - NAP - 03-11-2012

Peterson's practice exams are very difficult for this CLEP, but worth reading/working through. If you are not in the military, check to see if your local library and any large affiliated libraries in nearby big cities offer it online through the "Testing and Education Resource Center".

any website to practice biology?? - clep3705 - 03-11-2012

Clepclep Wrote:I have the REA book without CD.

I recommend buying REA books without the CDs. Typically the CD contains one less practice test than the number of tests printed in the book. In other words, even if you use the CD to take practice tests, you'll still have to use the book to take the final practice test. I find that reviewing the rationales for the answers printed in the book as far more efficient than reviewing the results of the test from the CD. The CD is for Windows only. It won't work on a Mac or Linux machine.

Amazon.com: CLEP Official Study Guide 2012 (9780874479768): The College Board: Books is a great source for accurate practice tests.

Additional Wikipedia links have been posted here: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-education-testing-discussion/16222-wikipedia-links-clep-biology.html

any website to practice biology?? - rebel100 - 03-11-2012

Try your local library system or CC for access to the "Gale testing and educational resource center) TERC. If your system sybscribes to that they usually have a link to free practice exams. One might find success with google and the info above.

any website to practice biology?? - bricabrac - 03-11-2012

The REA books with the CD do have all three exams; only the CD has only two of the three loaded. I would just take the third exam on paper. I actually enjoyed the computerized exams. YMMV.

You can also use Flash cards, vocabulary memorization, and study games | Quizlet and search biology. You can alter the settings so the flashcards become quizzes. Choose a set of cards, click the study box, you will see on the right choices for settings M/C, T/F, matching, etc...

any website to practice biology?? - cookderosa - 03-11-2012

Clepclep Wrote:thanks for reply guys...

i am planning to take clep biology exam next week. Looking to practice the same. I am talking about the free practice test. Let me know if you guys know anything. I have the REA book without CD. I want to practice like the real exam. I do not have any other practice resources other than instantcert and REA book. I would like to practice the test in given time like the real exam to know my strength and weakness in bio.

thanks in advance. really appreciate your help

Go to your local library and get a copy of the CLEP Official Guide. It also has a free practice exam. Don't make the mistake of taking the same exam more than once, or it's not a reliable measure of your readiness. Just take the 3 REA practice and the official guide practice. Beyond that, for $20 you can take 3 of the Peterson's which are very good.

On a side note, after your test, would you like to sell your REA Bio book? That's the exact one I'm looking for.