Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any one tried Davar Academy!
I was wondering if anyone has tried Davar Academy !
Yes I completed three tests through them and really like them. The content they give you and the test align very well
I strongly recommend Davar Academy.
As Kgaul said the study material and book will prep you for the test very well.
I'm using Davar for Public Speaking. The course seems pretty straightforward. I just got the textbook today (rented from Amazon for $22) and I like that you only have to do one five minute speech as part of your exam -- there are no other homework assignments or projects. I was planning on writing up a review of the course here once I finish.
tanderson9 Wrote:I'm using Davar for Public Speaking. The course seems pretty straightforward. I just got the textbook today (rented from Amazon for $22) and I like that you only have to do one five minute speech as part of your exam -- there are no other homework assignments or projects. I was planning on writing up a review of the course here once I finish.

I would consider them for Public Speaking. I look forward to your review!

I took Information Literacy from Davar. No textbook to buy or rent, just a free PDF book. If you read the materials it wasn't difficult to pass the exam. And the Credits were transferred to Excelsior quickly.
WGU MBA IT Management Feb. 2019
Excelsior BSLA April 2018
University of Indianapolis - 61 credits
Davar - Computer Lit, Org Behavior 
DSST - Principles Of Statistics, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision,Substance Abuse 
Excelsior - Bioethics, Assoc Capstone, Bachelors Capstone 
Straighterline - Personal Fitness & Wellness, Cultural Anthropology, Student Success, Criminal Justice, Env Science, Medical Terminology, Pharmacology 1, Bus Ethics
Sophia.org - Effective Teams, Project Management, Intro to Info Tech

I've taken International Mgt through them...I highly recommend taking that course if you're planning on the BSBA in General Mgt at TESU.
2017...Finished Bachelor's General Management at TESU. 
How do you guys find Davar vs Saylor courses? I was registered for a course, it's free actually, just the exam/proctor fees are there.
You're basically paying $20exam+$15proctor fee if you get their special pricing, otherwise, it's $70+proctor fee. Everything included.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:How do you guys find Davar vs Saylor courses? I was registered for a course, it's free actually, just the exam/proctor fees are there.

So you haven't done Davar yet, bjcheung?

I want to know also, about Davar vs. Saylor.

Or how about Davar vs. CLEP? Does anyone know?

I've been doing both Davar and Saylor. I have passed Business Law and Macroeconomics on Saylor and I've done MAR 101, MAR 330, ACCT 302 and MAT 202 at Davar. I pretty much take the exams cold with maybe a day of studying. I have yet to fail a Davar exam, but I think that is mostly because they all have ten essay questions at the end. Even MAT 202 had ten essay questions which I thought was pretty funny. I like essay questions. I have failed four Saylor exams, but scored in the 60s in pretty much all of them - one was a 69 and one was a 68. I find the Saylor questions to be almost exactly like the TEEX cyber exams. I passed those by taking the test once and then studying the first exam to eliminate incorrect answers on retakes. I am using the same basic philosophy on the Saylor exams by memorizing the incorrect answers to eliminate them the second time around. So I think that I'll get the Saylor credits the second time through. Added expense, but not too bad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Davar Academy No Longer Offering 50% Off? ExcellentPhoto 5 345 08-24-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,764 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 5,193 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 4,274 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,401 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 996 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU Academy has more ACE courses MNomadic 8 2,182 10-23-2022, 12:17 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  older National Fire Academy (NETC/FEMA) can now have ACE badges issued on Credly! jsd 14 2,434 02-23-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Kahn academy Pats20 4 1,239 10-08-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DAVAR, SOPHIA, COOPERSMITH, etc creationstory 10 2,181 08-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL