Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
....and..Done! just in time for summer...
Finished today with an A in Gerontology...the 'test-out' experience has been such a fulfilling process, I almost didnt want to walk away from the test..

Started in December with an Associates degree from '94 and 60 credits to go after evaluation from Excelsior. Wish I had known about this process earlier, but oh well.

I found Instacert sometime in March. It helped a lot as a study aid, although I always used the recommended textbooks as well. Okay, not all of them--after all, dsst recommends about 1300 resources per exam. In which case I just picked one. If Prentiss Hall covered the topic it would be my top pick of publishers. For Excelsior exams, after taking Cultural Diversity and reading the three recommended texts, one of them an unimpressive, boring, home-made (photocopied look, really) collection of readings from Excelsior (60 #$@$ bucks) I swore off any other test that required an EC text, or multiple texts.

Additionally with books---always bought the second to last edition, averaging 5 bucks a book. I have a stack of books in my living room three feet high.

Easiest test: CLEP Marketing or Management, take your pick.
Hardest: DSST Soviet Union.
Most Surprised by Grade (sad): ECE Organizational Behavior. Thought I got an 'A,' couldn't believe I got a 'B'. Took time after that to go over questions better.
Most Surprised by Grade (happy) 'A' DSST Soviet Union...go figure.

Well, it's been fun. I definitely took more from this forum than I gave back.
So to all of you, thanks and good luck...

....oh yeah, one more thing. My instacert expired last night before my test. I had to laugh--I guess they knew I was ready.
Way to go Polaris! I am happy for you that you are done...it IS a wonderful feeling, isn't it?! Big Grin

Best of luck on your future endeavors!

Take care,
JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Way to go and welcome to the club. It was good to read your story, I'm sure it will help others just getting started. What's next for you? I'm sure a well deserved break! Congratulations!!
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Congrats on finishing!! Hopefully I'll have that same feeling before too long. Big Grin
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 185 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  Commencement Time Again Charles Fout 1 266 05-09-2024, 07:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 3,025 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 12,397 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 462 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 608 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
  Which college would be your choice - balancing reputation/perception - cost - time esh 6 859 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Summer or Free Fall ideas? creationstory 13 2,162 06-02-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ylmir
  Friends U: $125 c/h Summer Courses eriehiker 2 953 04-06-2021, 09:47 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  I am now taking two online college courses with the C-19 extra time at home. Life Long Learning 8 1,844 04-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8