Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing Heavy?
(08-11-2021, 11:57 AM)Lupeb Wrote: Which Project Management class had 41 pages? I would cry!!!

Nah you wouldn't cry. It wasn't much writing. It was mostly spreadsheets embedded into the Word doc. Lots of spreadsheets. When you get into pm, you have to make RACI matrix, WBS, schedules, milestones, deliverables, budgets, etc. Lots of spreadsheets for those things. So it's not like you're researching and writing 40 something pages.
(08-11-2021, 12:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 11:57 AM)Lupeb Wrote: Which Project Management class had 41 pages? I would cry!!!

Nah you wouldn't cry. It wasn't much writing. It was mostly spreadsheets embedded into the Word doc. Lots of spreadsheets. When you get into pm, you have to make RACI matrix, WBS, schedules, milestones, deliverables, budgets, etc. Lots of spreadsheets for those things. So it's not like you're researching and writing 40 something pages.

That makes sense. I did look into PM before settling on SCM and I can definitely see how you would need 40 pages for something like that.
(08-10-2021, 10:09 PM)Smilejoelle1 Wrote: Hi! I am absolutely freaking out. I saw elsewhere that if you aren’t a good writer Your Pace may not be the program for you. What would you say your writing skill or comfort level is and how did you manage in the program? I’m scheduled to start classes at the end of the month and need to be realistic about what I can accomplish. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Hello,
I'm not a great writer at all and I have passed all my classes. Just follow the instructions and you should be alright. You even get a chance to submit a rough draft so they can look it over and tell you to fix something if needed so it isn't as stressful. Also, most the information I needed for essays was directly related to whats in the reading so its pretty easy so far for me..
[-] The following 4 users Like missbootyfull's post:
  • Bachelorsat25, Pikachu, rachel83az, Smilejoelle1
(08-11-2021, 01:17 PM)missbootyfull Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 10:09 PM)Smilejoelle1 Wrote: Hi! I am absolutely freaking out. I saw elsewhere that if you aren’t a good writer Your Pace may not be the program for you. What would you say your writing skill or comfort level is and how did you manage in the program? I’m scheduled to start classes at the end of the month and need to be realistic about what I can accomplish. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Hello,
I'm not a great writer at all and I have passed all my classes. Just follow the instructions and you should be alright. You even get a chance to submit a rough draft so they can look it over and tell you to fix something if needed so it isn't as stressful. Also, most the information I needed for essays was directly related to whats in the reading so its pretty easy so far for me..

I also do not like to write it is to time consuming, but I know a useful tool from Microsoft Office 365, MS word voice recognition only practice and you can talk to your pc and it will type everything you say, and even it can read's it back so you do not have to type constantly. 

This is only my personal suggestion.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 3 users Like gams007's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Smilejoelle1, TPG
(08-11-2021, 01:17 PM)missbootyfull Wrote:

Hello,

I'm not the OP but I do appreciate this because I was nervous about the writing as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like TPG's post:
  • Bachelorsat25, Smilejoelle1
(08-11-2021, 12:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Oh, that makes sense! I was had a PM concentration at UMPI and I had previous pm courses I took which counted towards the PM classes at UMPI so I didn’t take those. I am also a Project Manager already. I thought you meant 41 pages of writing! LOL
(08-11-2021, 04:23 PM)Lupeb Wrote: Oh, that makes sense! I was had a PM concentration at UMPI and I had previous pm courses I took which counted towards the PM classes at UMPI so I didn’t take those. I am also a Project Manager already. I thought you meant 41 pages of writing! LOL

The Final Assessments are a mix of papers and projects. Some projects do have writing in them. That one had like a paragraph for each section plus the spreadsheets. UMPI does have a BABA PM concentration and a PM minor for the BLS. I have already completed the PM minor.
(08-11-2021, 04:56 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 04:23 PM)Lupeb Wrote: Oh, that makes sense! I was had a PM concentration at UMPI and I had previous pm courses I took which counted towards the PM classes at UMPI so I didn’t take those. I am also a Project Manager already. I thought you meant 41 pages of writing! LOL

The Final Assessments are a mix of papers and projects. Some projects do have writing in them. That one had like a paragraph for each section plus the spreadsheets. UMPI does have a BABA PM concentration and a PM minor for the BLS. I have already completed the PM minor.

Yep! I did the Business Admin with PM Concentration and finished in July.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lupeb's post:
  • ss20ts, TPG
Thank you to everyone, I had a moment of pure terror, which was more than likely my anxiety rearing its ugly head.
I am so thankful to each and everyone of you!!
SNHU- Associates of Arts 8/2021
UMPI - BLS- Educational Studies and Information Systems 
Starting August 30, 2021 - Goal: December 2021 

Sophia LLC, Straighterline, InstantCert, Study.com)

(Follow my degree plan HERE)

Current Mood: Motivated, but tired as heck!
[-] The following 2 users Like Smilejoelle1's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ss20ts
(08-14-2021, 03:46 PM)Smilejoelle1 Wrote: Thank you to everyone, I had a moment of pure terror, which was more than likely my anxiety rearing its ugly head.
I am so thankful to each and everyone of you!!

Anxiety sucks! I hate that ugly thing. It likes to come out of the woodwork at the worst times. I suffer from ADHD, memory loss from my brain being deprived of oxygen for many months, and anxiety....I still made it through UMPI (Somehow I graduated with a 4.0). I seriously struggled at other schools. The CBE format really works well with my anxiety. I can not worry about my class for a day or 2 to get my anxiety in check. That's not a luxury I've had at other schools with all of the deadlines.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • akr680, Bachelorsat25, Smilejoelle1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Academic Writing Resources for UMPI BAS Degree garveymoshe 2 195 09-11-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Creative Writing jadkins77 7 1,377 08-02-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  CALLING ALL EXPERTS: Heavy on UMPI Classes - Am I Missing Any Alternate Options? DolceDolce 9 1,788 08-23-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: DolceDolce
  How hard is the writing in BUS 200-400 classes jarrett312 0 633 03-14-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: jarrett312
  Final exams and writing assignments jb0433 33 4,110 04-28-2022, 02:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77