Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2
(10-12-2024, 03:33 PM)NewbieLearner Wrote: Thank you both for answering.  That is a nice bonus!!  i know Sophia lists them both as 3 and 1 but i sort of got the impression with UMPI they just sort of lumped it together as
bio w/lab = 3 and micro w/lab = 3    

Not to over stay my welcome adding on questions but...  I took Foundations of Statistics and College Readiness on Sophia.  Am i correct that UMPI will not take either of these at all?  

I did them before I knew UMPI existed

They take as MAT 1XX elective (2 cr) and First-Year Seminar (3 cr).
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
Basically, you want to take the corresponding lab with the course to get the full 4 credits, the course is worth 3, and the lab is worth 1. Generally, if you're going for Bio, you want to do the bio lab or if you're doing chem, you want to do the chem lab, etc. So, if you decide to take microbio, do the lab, etc. It's all included in the subscription price... I would take the bulk of necessary credits through Sophia.org and then if you have classes that can't be done, do them at Study.com for max transfer into your degree of choice.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You don't need Microbio for 3D. It won't even work as it's not a physical science. Environmental Science or Introduction to Chemistry will fulfill 3D.

Human Biology Lab fulfills 3E if taken with Human Biology at Sophia.

You've always needed the lab to come from the same source as the course for 3E.

As for Foundations of Statistics, you'll want to confirm with UMPI's registrar's office that it's still accepted. At one point they were no longer accepting the foundations courses. The transfer database only shows how courses have transferred in the past. They do stop accepting some classes and the classes remain in the transfer database which isn't often updated to show this.

You'll still be required to complete the Brightspace Orientation which fulfills 4A. I wouldn't spend my time on the Sophia class.

SOPH 0017
Foundations of Statistics
MAT 1XX
Math Elective
GLO3:LOA,B

SOPH 0031
College Readiness
FYS 100
First Year Seminar
GLO4:LOA

Also about MicroBio, the course does not fulfill any area of the GEC. The lab will but you'll still need to the course from Sophia.

SOPH 0074
Microbiology
BIO 316
General Microbiology

SOPH 0075
Microbiology Lab
BIO 1XX
Biology Elective
GLO3:LOE
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Hotdogman1
Thank you everyone for all the answers. I think I am just confusing myself more than I need to. I'm finishing up the lasts of my Sophia work and getting ready to
transfer it all to UMPI and I am just trying to be as sure as I can that there wont be any surprises when I transfer

I'm worried they will tell me they cant take this and that in oh this one here is also nothing lol.

If it is allowed I can list everything i've done to date. Not sure if this is against the rules as I tried the other day and was given the impression i had to create a
spreadsheet to upload. not sure the rule here.

just want to make sure i've checked all the boxes and wont end up short at transfer time.

thank you everyone again you are all awesome!!
(10-12-2024, 05:05 PM)NewbieLearner Wrote: Thank you everyone for all the answers. I think I am just confusing myself more than I need to.  I'm finishing up the lasts of my Sophia work and getting ready to
transfer it all to UMPI and I am just trying to be as sure as I can that there wont be any surprises when I transfer

I'm worried they will tell me they cant take this and that in oh this one here is also nothing lol.

If it is allowed I can list everything i've done to date.  Not sure if this is against the rules as I tried the other day and was given the impression i had to create a
spreadsheet to upload.  not sure the rule here.  

just want to make sure i've checked all the boxes and wont end up short at transfer time.  

thank you everyone again  you are all awesome!!

Put it in Google Sheets & share as read-only - just remove any PII.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
(10-12-2024, 06:48 PM)jg_nuy Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 05:05 PM)NewbieLearner Wrote: Thank you everyone for all the answers. I think I am just confusing myself more than I need to.  I'm finishing up the lasts of my Sophia work and getting ready to

If it is allowed I can list everything i've done to date.  Not sure if this is against the rules as I tried the other day and was given the impression i had to create a
spreadsheet to upload.  not sure the rule here.  

thank you everyone again  you are all awesome!!

Put it in Google Sheets & share as read-only - just remove any PII.

any tips on how to do that?  i loaded all the classes and credits in 2 columns of a google sheet but how do i share it privately without PII as you said?
From the online Google Sheets, you should be able to go to File menu > Share > Publish to Web. Otherwise, create a Gmail address with a pseudonym to share.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 381 09-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
  Seeking Academic Writing Resources for UMPI BAS Degree garveymoshe 2 234 09-11-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Will I be allowed to waive English test? Nico1 7 381 08-08-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Creative Writing jadkins77 7 1,443 08-02-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  English Major Graduates ashkir 0 436 01-04-2024, 07:07 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  UMPI English degree planning NJgirl 4 950 11-07-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: NJgirl
  SDC English Comp 2 BigJohn1975 12 1,209 08-22-2023, 02:26 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  CLEP English Composition counting as a RA credit? tallis 11 1,060 07-11-2023, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tallis
  Best English Comp provider kylan11 11 1,987 06-14-2023, 08:04 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  UMPI English Degree wilsjano 2 1,184 03-15-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77