Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish me luck...
Tomorrow at 6:30 AM sharp I am getting up and going to a testing center that is over an hour away to take Here's to your Health and Fundamentals of Counseling. I studied IC ALL day for these until I scored 100% on every section. I'm pretty apprehensive, as I have never been to this testing center (no DSST's are offered in my immediate area), and I have never taken a DSST exam before. I hope I have studied enough, but I can't turn back now. It's not exactly my cup of tea to not only take vacation time to study, but to get up that early on a Saturday, but I am determined to get this done. After this, I only have two more exams to take (shooting for October) and I will be finished with the testing process.

I guess I wanted to post, because you all know how it is and what a sense of accomplishment you get when you complete these tests. I don't think my friends really "get it."
Machelle

HG&D - 62
Ed. Psych - 57
Humanities - 59
A&I Literature - 59
Here's To Your Health - 59
Fund. of Counseling - 49
Criminal Justice - 55
Intro to Law Enforcement - 51
Good luck! I hope you do really, really well! Don't be nervous!!! We're pulling for you!
[SIZE="6"]Good Luck!!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]
Jenny =]
Thanks everyone. Well, I just got back, and I honestly don't think I did very well on the Fundamentals of Counseling exam. I had to guess on wayyy too many questions. Perhaps I didn't study enough, but I did not recognize many questions from IC at all. I think I did ok on Here's to your Health though. Now I just have to wait...I hate waiting! I am curious if others felt the way I do about Fundamentals of Counseling after you were done...

As a side note, I found the place just fine, but the proctor was nearly 20 minutes late getting there. Then he put me in a FREEZING cold room to take the exams. I was cold the entire time. I thought it was odd that there were no cameras and the guy just kept coming in and checking on me instead of sitting there. He also told me that if I wanted to, I could take a break since the exams were not timed. I know with the CLEP exams, they don't even want you going to the bathroom during the test.

Anyway, hopefully I passed both exams, but again, I'm not holding my breath.
Machelle

HG&D - 62
Ed. Psych - 57
Humanities - 59
A&I Literature - 59
Fund. of Counseling - 49
Criminal Justice - 55
GOOD LUCK!!!! I bet you do better than you think!

I was also nervous after Here's to Your Health but ended up doing ok. I am studying now for Fundamentals of Counseling so please do let us know when you get your results back. The waiting is tough but I love the relaxed atmosphere of the Dantes.

Best wishes,
Carol
[COLOR="Green"]Here's To Your Health 66
Foundations of Education 66
Fundamentals of Counseling (next)
Criminal Justice or Principles of Supervision (soon)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"]ALL [COLOR="Green"][B]ELECTIVES NEEDED WILL BE DONE![/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR="Plum"]A.A.S. Office Systems Technology, Brunswick Community College - Phi Theta Kappa
B.S. Early Childhood Education, Mount Olive College - Dec. 08[/COLOR]
Well, now that I have read back over some things about HTYH, I am nervous as to whether or not I passed this one as well. I know of three questions I definitely answered incorrectly. Waiting for results is not fun at all. Since my next two exams will be my last, I am going to be sure to go to a testing center that offers the computerized DSST's.

As for Fundamentals of Counseling...be sure to study Gestalt. I drew a blank on that one, and there were quite a few questions regarding Gestalt therapy. You might want to supplement IC with some other materials that others have suggested. I really did not see much on the exam that I had studied here on IC, but others have said there were a lot of questions they had to the contrary. I'm sure it was just my version.

I must say that I was a nervous wreck going to the testing center, a nervous wreck wondering if the proctor would show up (they were doing construction on the building and there was a note on the door that the student resource center was closed), I was very tired, and I was freezing cold the entire time. If I passed either exam, I will honestly be very surprised.
Machelle

HG&D - 62
Ed. Psych - 57
Humanities - 59
A&I Literature - 59
Fund. of Counseling - 49
Criminal Justice - 55
Please keep us posted on your scores. I'm interested to hear how you did on these exams.
[SIZE="4"]auminer49r[/SIZE]

Completed a B.S. in General Business
at Excelsior College (3.86 GPA)

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

... But, I'm still sticking around...Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Congrats to all 2019 Graduates and Good Luck to all of us class of 2020 Mitmike2019 1 996 01-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Any luck w/ ANY college accepting courses that aren't within ACE Eval Period? bees.in.fl 2 779 05-24-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Just my luck! Nixi 4 1,341 04-14-2016, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Nixi
  Luck is on my side. LANIER 7 1,398 03-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Last Post: toottoot
  Wish Me Luck (I need it!) akeefe3133 18 2,490 02-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Last Post: alleycat
  Wish Me Luck mapalo 5 1,516 09-28-2008, 03:02 AM
Last Post: gus
  Taking Dantes (Here's to your Health) test tommorow - wish me luck!! mbeurekjian 6 1,638 05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Matymus
  Principles of Finance - Wish me luck! Matymus 10 2,146 05-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Matymus
  Human Growth & Dev, Ed Psychology & Personal Finance (pushing my luck...) barcotta 5 2,220 03-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Last Post: barcotta
  Wish me luck RBOWMAN 1 1,491 03-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku