Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IBM Machine Learning Professional Certificate
I'm thinking about my next steps and decided to browse some certificate courses on Coursera.

I came across the IBM Machine Learning Professional Certificate and wanted to see if anyone on here has any prior experience with it.

I have just submitted the last of my Sophia credits for my BSCS from UoPeople and will be enrolling in HAU MBA later this year or early next. I'd like to take this opportunity to add a cert or two in the Machine Learning / AI space to pivot on my manufacturing engineering background.

I don't have much experience with data science aside from the coursework from UoPeople, but the concepts are there about cleaning data, regression, supervised/unsupervised learning and a brief introduction to R. I will absolutely need to brush up on R and these concepts with some (better) books on the subjects.

But has anyone else completed this course? Thoughts and opinions? Anyone have any other recommendations?
Coursera does have some pretty good courses, but in my opinion there is one big problem - there isn't enough coding training. Especially for ds/cs courses, writing code is much more important than attending classes. If you have the budget, I would recommend looking for online courses from universities that give you assignments and detailed feedback.
But if you just want to understand this part of the content and get a certificate as a souvenir, or some LL ACE credits, Coursera is also a good choice.
Completed Degrees
Bachelor in Polymer Materials, Bachelor in Economics (ZJU, 2021)
Master in Data Science (Sapienza, 2023)
Master in Computer Information Technology (NAU, 2023)
Ongoing
Master in Financial Engineering (WQU)
Bachelor in Logistics Management (OUCHN)
Others completed
90 Credits from Sophia, 3 Credits from Saylor
Google Certificates from Coursera (Digital Marketing and E-Commerce; IT Support; Project Management; UX design; Business Intelligence; Data Analytics)
ENEB & Isabel I Masters: Big Data and Business Intelligence; Supply Chain Management; Digital Marketing and Ecommerce
UCAM MFPs: Applied Statistics in Health Science, Advanced Internal Medicine Care 
Basically, I would like to think that this IBM professional certificate as a part of my balanced mix/match trifecta of certs, degree, experience. You'd want to make sure that you try to mix/match that to your personal liking to get the max ROI/Value. I would agree that coding is a big part of comp sci, data analytics or science, AI/ML & Devops, and other closely related fields, etc. People need to begin somewhere, find where that is for you, start laddering upwards from that until you reach each educational goal...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
https://www.deeplearning.ai/courses/mach...alization/
syllabus is about 1/2 way down that page

the certificate is taught through coursera
https://www.coursera.org/specializations...troduction

consisting of 3 courses
https://www.coursera.org/specializations...on#courses

not ACE accredited though

there's a free math book online
https://mml-book.github.io/
I appreciate the input.

I think the power trifecta is a great way to balance a career, especially in niche industries.

My line of work is not excessively reliant on certifications, but instead more experience-based (manufacturing automation engineering). However, with the growth of Industry 4.0 and IoT being integrated across manufacturing, there will be a void between the manufacturing engineering operational technology (OT) and the existing business information technology (IT) that needs people to bridge the gap. I believe a few certifications can be beneficial for this means.

I'm not expecting to have to code the ML systems myself, although perhaps some API integration stuff. However, having a strong overview and understanding of the functionality, capabilities, and limitations will be important for decision-making from an advisory/managerial standpoint. I see many senior decision-makers in manufacturing are old-hats who are more than happy to throw hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars at technologies without a technical understanding of how these things work.
Completed
BS Computer Science - UoPeople 2024
AS Computer Science - UoPeople 2023

Upcoming
MBA - Hellenic American University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prior Learning Art Portfolio Assessment 3ichael7ambert 18 760 05-31-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Paralegal certificate midnite123 3 397 05-10-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 419 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,297 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  UK - Professional certificate - 69£ Imbanewbie 2 677 12-04-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Johann
  TEL Learning? faptaincrunch 9 1,589 11-09-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: suzume
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 1,053 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd
  Coursera, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning ss20ts 6 3,126 06-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  ACE/Sophia Learning - Student of the year 2022 winners! bjcheung77 9 1,150 05-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Google IT Support Professional Certificate - ACE expiring soon? lumina 12 1,915 03-03-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77