Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is better
I need to take either The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union or The Modern Middle East. I don't know much about either topic and neither of them sound very interesting.
Passed:
Humanities CLEP 62
Information Systems and Computer Applications CLEP 61
Principals of Macroeconomics CLEP 51
Ethics in America DSST 443
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 46 - Not enough for Jacksonville
[COLOR="Navy"]Better? Not sure...

I took the DSST Rise and Fall of the USSR a few years ago, definately an exam you MUST be prepared for.[/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Also do DSST exams pretty much run the same way as CLEPs? Do you get your score instantly like you do with CLEPs? I have a call into a test center to scheduele an appointment but I got voicemail so I have to wait for a return call.
Passed:
Humanities CLEP 62
I think I'd pick the USSR, just because it's ONE country to focus on. Big Grin It also spans a smaller time period.

I've taken both tests and they are both tough, although definitely passable with plenty of study. And actually, they WERE interesting--at least to me. The Middle East was a little more interesting to me, just because it shed specific light on why they're always squabbling over there today. Big Grin But both of them had interesting stuff to offer. Of course, I got a history degree, so I might be biased. Big Grin
jennybears3 Wrote:Do you get your score instantly like you do with CLEPs?

Depends on the testing site ... some have converted to computer-based and give you an instant score. Other sites are still using paper and pencil exams. Then you are waiting a long 2-4 weeks.
Cheri ~ Homeschooling to College facilitator
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
Oh gosh! I don't know if I can wait 2-4 weeks! That's torture! I'm def going to have to ask how they do it when I get ahold of the testing site.
Passed:
Humanities CLEP 62
jennybears3 Wrote:Oh gosh! I don't know if I can wait 2-4 weeks! That's torture! I'm def going to have to ask how they do it when I get ahold of the testing site.

It IS torture. hilarious I only had to do it ONCE and I had anxiety dreams for weeks. Then they got my credit card number screwed up and sent me a letter about it and I had to wait even LONGER. :eek: :eek: :eek: