Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which MBA program
I've decided to get my MBA after having completed my undergrad at TESU. I'm stuck between Pitt state University that holds an AASCB accreditation and is $11970 vs Eastern University that holds an ABSCP accreditation and is $9900.
I'm looking for something that *sounds* good to an employer "they might confuse Pitt state uni with Pittsburgh PA which is geographically close* and also not too expensive. Does the accreditation matter? I haven't seen too much conversation around PSU. Any insight?
Accreditation isn't going to matter for most jobs. For professions with licensing such as CPA, some government jobs, and academia the accreditation may matter. But for most of us no one cares as long as it's RA. The alphabet soup accreditations don't mean a lot for many of us.
It's very difficult to mind-read what will sound good to an employer. My first college was seen as a big deal by some potential employers, while others had barely heard of it. As time progresses, I have less respect for the employers who make a big deal out of where job candidates got their degrees. It probably makes sense in some very specialized fields, but usually it's just a sign of elitism, cronyism and/or lack of imagination.

If it were me, I would go for the cheapest regionally accredited option, so Hellenic American University or possibly WGU. I have a lot of people in my professional network who went to Eastern and it seems like a fine school, though it wouldn't be my top choice because religious universities are never my top choice (too many scenarios where I might be called to compromise my ethics--but if you agree with their faith statement and incorporating religion into academics, then it wouldn't be an issue for you). I'm sure Pitt is fine too for most employers.

Of course, if you have a specific job or jobs in mind, and specific employer or employers, then you should look at what their requirements are (e.g., do the require AASCB?) and let that guide your decision.
Either one would do, I would flip the coin and see where it lands... If you have the extra cash and want AACSB, then you know which one to go, if it doesn't really matter and you want to save the cash, it goes the other option... You can also go for other options mentioned in here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...der-1-Year
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Pitt State University AASCB accreditation for $11970 would be the way I would go. You can't go wrong with a state school.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
If I see [State] University or [anything] State University, I immediately sense a baseline level of standards. I wouldn't even look it up. Anything else I'm immediately suspicious of, unless of course it is a widely recognized name. That said - an MBA wouldn't come into consideration for me when thinking about who to hire (good or bad). In a way I agree with wow: go for the cheapest one that accomplishes your goals. I wouldn't drop $10k out of pocket on the hypothesis that an MBA is going to help my general career prospects. I would have specifics in mind or I'd be looking for someone else to pay my way.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help Choosing an Online MBA Program coolvodka89@gmail.com 5 376 09-24-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need Help Choosing an Online MBA Program iamsam 8 627 09-15-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: HoustonGuy
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 33 4,492 08-31-2024, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 12 2,756 08-12-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: frankc
  Getting into BSU Cyber Masters Program with TESU BA kowenboy 4 484 07-20-2024, 03:03 PM
  Is there any way to enrol into the WGU MBA program as an international student? FM1 10 1,156 07-02-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: OtterDen
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 2,514 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 1,228 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 21,480 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 3,190 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM