Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is everyone celebrating?
So if you are graduating in September when do you plan to celebrate? When the final audit is finished? When the degree confers? When you get the diploma in the mail? Normally, I would say the best time to celebrate is when one walks but I don't plan to walk. In September I'll be busy with my kid's schooling /sports etc. So, even though all my coursework is finished, I don't really feel like it's official. Maybe it will hit be after I have that piece of paper in hand. Right now it just feels surreal.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
I discussed this with the folk at my job. Decided to celebrate with close folk when the capstone ends. And then an 'official' celebration when I travel to visit my parents, which will be a few weeks after the diploma arrives. I'm having the diploma framed and leaving it with my mother because it is the sort of thing that means more to her.
rlw74 Wrote:So if you are graduating in September when do you plan to celebrate? When the final audit is finished? When the degree confers? When you get the diploma in the mail? Normally, I would say the best time to celebrate is when one walks but I don't plan to walk. In September I'll be busy with my kid's schooling /sports etc. So, even though all my coursework is finished, I don't really feel like it's official. Maybe it will hit be after I have that piece of paper in hand. Right now it just feels surreal.

I will be celebrating after commencement. I am planning to drive down to commencement and then as soon as that is over with I am going to shoot over to Atlantic City. That will be my mini celebration. I was trying to line up a cruise for Late October of this year but had to settle for April of next year. I am going to use that as my big celebration!! Even though by then I will probably have begun working on my masters haha.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Congrats to you for finishing! Woo hoo... so, why celebrate so late?
I would just celebrate with the closest family and friends once I get the parchment.
It could be a simple dinner at home or bbq/potluck thing, or splurge by going out.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
DavidHume Wrote:I discussed this with the folk at my job. Decided to celebrate with close folk when the capstone ends. And then an 'official' celebration when I travel to visit my parents, which will be a few weeks after the diploma arrives. I'm having the diploma framed and leaving it with my mother because it is the sort of thing that means more to her.

Yup, sending mine to my grandma who still has my high school diploma and graduation pic posted, smh.
TESU Commencement - Saturday, September 23, 2017!

Goal: TESU, BSBA General Management by September 2017
68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month
Prin of Mgmt, Org Behavior, Bus Law, Prin of Fin (DSST)

November 2016
TESU Info Session (waived app fee + free breakfast)
Previous B&M - 45 cr. transferred
March 2017
Aleks - Intermediate Alg, College Alg, Intro to Stats
Institutes - Ethics
Guardian Scholarship Awarded 3/23/17
April 2017
Study.com - Personal Finance, Digital Marketing & Advertising
May 2017
World Religions, Pr. of Marketing