Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Anyone help me? Have over 80 Credits, Help me apply this into a Degree!
dew125 Wrote:http://degreeplanners.com/media/TESC_Equivalencies.pdf

From a quick look at your credits it seems like you have everything you need for an associate degree, although I still think you could make it work at AMU. Last month I changed my program there even though my situation didn't go along with their standard policies. I'll bet if you talked to the right person you could make this degree happen and save yourself a couple grand. I'd say make a phone appt but that's nearly impossible while deployed, and I see the difficulties of even doing a SL lab overseas. Only you know what would best work in your situation, but to answer your question, yes it looks like you've met the tesc associate requirements.

I talked with AMU today on the phone actually about roughly 2 hours ago and the woman told me only 1 degree can be pursued at one time, and only up to 45 credits towards an AA/AS can be applied at AMU, so i'd have to take 15 credits with AMU to get this Gen Ed AA degree.

TESC seems like what i'll do.

What steps do I need to take at this point? Apply to TESC online? then I guess send my AMU transcript to TESC? Or do I have to pay 30 bucks to send my DSST/CLEP transcripts? Will TESC Accept my CLEPS/DSSTs straight off my AMU transcript?

Also, does this AA general ed degree at TESC require any Science w/ Lab credits? Cause remember thats what I'm lacking.
Travis4687 Wrote:I talked with AMU today on the phone actually about roughly 2 hours ago and the woman told me only 1 degree can be pursued at one time, and only up to 45 credits towards an AA/AS can be applied at AMU, so i'd have to take 15 credits with AMU to get this Gen Ed AA degree.

TESC seems like what i'll do.

What steps do I need to take at this point? Apply to TESC online? then I guess send my AMU transcript to TESC? Or do I have to pay 30 bucks to send my DSST/CLEP transcripts? Will TESC Accept my CLEPS/DSSTs straight off my AMU transcript?

Also, does this AA general ed degree at TESC require any Science w/ Lab credits? Cause remember thats what I'm lacking.

Makes sense, unfortunately... Yes just apply to tesc online and send your transcripts. As far as I know you'll need to send the CLEP/DSST separate from the AMU transcript. And yes you can graduate without a lab science.
dew125 Wrote:Makes sense, unfortunately... Yes just apply to tesc online and send your transcripts. As far as I know you'll need to send the CLEP/DSST separate from the AMU transcript. And yes you can graduate without a lab science.

awww...seriously? I was hoping since I already sent CLEP/DSST transcripts to AMU and the credits were transcribed onto my AMU transcript they would simply accept that, I'd rather not pay again.
Travis4687 Wrote:awww...seriously? I was hoping since I already sent CLEP/DSST transcripts to AMU and the credits were transcribed onto my AMU transcript they would simply accept that, I'd rather not pay again.

Might want to ask that question as a separate thread, or someone else can pipe in...I'm not 100% positive.
Anyone have a COSC equivalency chart handy?

BTW, TESC Emailed back, they want transcripts from each agency, Clep..Dsst, and Fema. Bleh.
http://www.charteroak.edu/Current/Academ...r-list.pdf

They are all going to want your credits sent directly from the sources.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
dew125 Wrote:http://degreeplanners.com/media/TESC_Equivalencies.pdf

From a quick look at your credits it seems like you have everything you need for an associate degree, although I still think you could make it work at AMU. Last month I changed my program there even though my situation didn't go along with their standard policies. I'll bet if you talked to the right person you could make this degree happen and save yourself a couple grand. I'd say make a phone appt but that's nearly impossible while deployed, and I see the difficulties of even doing a SL lab overseas. Only you know what would best work in your situation, but to answer your question, yes it looks like you've met the tesc associate requirements.

check your private messages
Travis4687 Wrote:awww...seriously? I was hoping since I already sent CLEP/DSST transcripts to AMU and the credits were transcribed onto my AMU transcript they would simply accept that, I'd rather not pay again.

If you have credits from CLEP, DSST, and AMU, you will have to send in transcripts from CLEP, DSST, and AMU to every school you apply to. They have to have original documents.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
You may want to consider the AAS in Applied Computer Studies or the AAS in Environmental, Safety and Security Technologies at TESC. You would probably just need free FEMA credits for the AAS in ESST. Once you apply, pay the $75, get accepted and TESC gets all of your transcripts you get access to this nifty web tool that allows you to run your credits through any of the associate or bachelor degree programs they have.
Just re-read your post and I missed all your IT certs. Have you checked out Western Governor's University? They have IT degrees that are essentially certificate courses, e.g. you take the class and it ends with you taking the cert test. If you already have the cert you don't have to take the class, you just get the credit. You may be significantly farther ahead going that route. Worth checking out at least.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 405 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,469 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 346 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 863 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,712 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 747 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 413 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,188 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 218 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,361 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader