Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using MOOCs and free online courses to prepare for CLEP exams
Hello All,

I think good way to prepare to CLEP exams is doing MOOCs (massive open online courses) or other free online courses.
I prepared the list of CLEP exams and possible MOOCs to use to prepare.

There is the list My Education Path :: Free Online courses and MOOCs to prepare to CLEP exams

This will be useful also to students of MOOCs who are interested to get college degree.

I would like to know your opinion about the list.

Thanks.
doubush Wrote:Hello All,

I think good way to prepare to CLEP exams is doing MOOCs (massive open online courses) or other free online courses.
I prepared the list of CLEP exams and possible MOOCs to use to prepare.

There is the list My Education Path :: Free Online courses and MOOCs to prepare to CLEP exams

This will be useful also to students of MOOCs who are interested to get college degree.

I would like to know your opinion about the list.

Thanks.

That's a great list. Would you mind keeping a log as to which MOOCs work and which don't? This is the kind of info I post on my Facebook page for people to do with their teens, but until someone actually uses one of them, it's only a guess. For instance, I used Khan for stats/prob DSST, so I know that works. I had a study group use Saylor's edu psych for the CLEP, so that's good. Beyond that, it's just a guess and a matching of titles. Of course, content should match, but that's a laborious process I've not undertaken unless I've needed it for myself.
good list, but way too short
and strange

udacity has college algebra course
https://www.udacity.com/course/ma008

The following topics will be covered. There will be two midterms and one final exam. There are no deadlines unless you are in the SJSU Plus-Udacity for-credit program.

Lesson 1: Number
Lesson 2: Expressions
Lesson 3: Polynomials
Lesson 4: Equations
Lesson 5-1: Coordinates
Lesson 5-2: Distance
Lesson 5-3: Midpoints And Slope
Lesson 6-1: Slope And Equations
Lesson 6-2: Points
Lesson 7: Forms of the Equation of a Line
Lesson 8: Inequalities And Absolute Value
Lesson 9: More Inequalities And Equations
Lesson 10: Parabolas
Lesson 11: Factoring
Lesson 12: Quadratic and Rational Inequalities
Lesson 13: More Parabolas
Lesson 14: Completing the Square
Lesson 15: Quadratic Formula
Lesson 16: Complex Numbers
Lesson 17: Functions
Lesson 18: Domain and Range
Lesson 19: Behavior of Functions
Lesson 20: Factor Theorem
Lesson 21: Rational Zero Test
Lesson 22: Intermediate Value Theorem
Lesson 24: Asymptotes
Lesson 25: Slant Asymptotes
Lesson 26: Transformations
Lesson 29: Exponential Functions
Lesson 30: Scientific Notation
Lesson 31: Logarithmic Functions
Lesson 32: Log Properties
Lesson 33: Solving Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
Lesson 34: Population, Scrolls and Sound

and they recommend Khan for American Government and Biology but not for Chemistry ?
what is their reasoning for that ?

I did learn of a couple of new sites, so I'll be sure to check them out
Came across this website today. They put everything in one site. enjoy.

MOOC List | A complete list of Massive Open Online Courses (free online courses) offered by the best universities and entities.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 518 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 58 11,613 09-16-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: wow
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,683 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 347 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,741 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,717 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,036 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 301 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 6,998 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 565 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson