Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undergraduate (I/O) Psychology Recommendations?
hey all,

i'm looking for opinions on psychology bachelor's programs, particularly industrial/organizational psych if possible. i know both Patten and Walden offer BA degrees in I/O psych; i've heard very mixed reviews on Patten's program, and don't know much at all about Walden's program. has anyone here completed either of these (or something similar that i might not be aware of!) and can share their experiences?
ASBA -- TESU, Sept. 2016
--------------
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra | PreCalculus | Introduction to Statistics
Sophia: Macroeconomics
TEEX: Cyber Security for IT Professionals/Business Professionals/Everyone
Straighterline: Accounting I + II | Principles of Management | Business Ethics | Business Law | Organizational Behavior | Introduction to Communication | IT Fundamentals | Introduction to Sociology | American Government | Introduction to Religion
I was in a Patten psych program (not i/o, but all the core classes are the same upfront), and it was not a very well put together program and was very flawed. I talked a little about it here...

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post199893

However, if you're not a GPA conscious person and don't mind a lot of headscratching when you run in to incompetence, it's not a hard school to pass through very quickly and cheaply.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:I was in a Patten psych program (not i/o, but all the core classes are the same upfront), and it was not a very well put together program and was very flawed. I talked a little about it here...

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post199893

However, if you're not a GPA conscious person and don't mind a lot of headscratching when you run in to incompetence, it's not a hard school to pass through very quickly and cheaply.

haha, yours was actually the first experience i read about that really made me stop and consider other options! truthfully i'm not the most GPA-conscious person, so that's not a huge concern to me.
ASBA -- TESU, Sept. 2016
--------------
Straighterline: Accounting I + II | Principles of Management | Business Ethics | Business Law | Organizational Behavior | Introduction to Communication | IT Fundamentals | Introduction to Sociology | American Government | Introduction to Religion
Well it's certainly not a hard program, just a frustrating one. If you don't mind that, it could work for you.

I'm just not too sure what graduate path I'll be taking down the road, and didn't want to gamble with my GPA (that being said, I got out with a pretty good GPA.)

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

i keep entertaining myself with dreams of a graduate degree, but i'm still not sure if i really do want to go down that path... if i do decide to actually go for it, though, i'll definitely need to pay more attention to my GPA than i currently do. maybe if i go with Patten i'll see how it goes for the first few months and see how my GPA is looking then.

also, for anyone else that may stumble across this thread: would it be too much to ask if anyone could share pictures of their Patten/Walden diplomas they've earned? (with identifying information blocked out, of course.) i'm just super curious to see whether each school puts the major/concentration on the diploma itself (unlike TESU that would just show "Bachelor of Arts")... i think i might have once seen a very tiny picture of someone holding a Walden diploma, and it showed the major on it. i'm so superficial. Rolleyes
ASBA -- TESU, Sept. 2016
--------------
As of July 2015 there were only 9 AA/BA graduates of the modern Patten so a picture of a diploma might be hard to find Big Grin

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save on tuition with Western Undergraduate Exchange wow 0 151 08-16-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: wow
  Planning way ahead and stuck on psychology licensure kmao2004 4 419 06-16-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,147 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 633 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Recommendations for accredited, self-paced program sparkling 7 1,449 08-04-2022, 11:26 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Psychology Careers - 9 Options bjcheung77 1 704 04-15-2022, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  RA psychology degree help amomwholearns 4 988 03-20-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Pennsylvania is offering a fully online undergraduate degree program. nyvrem 38 4,518 02-25-2021, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Planning to join in psychology field haohalberd 2 1,922 02-05-2021, 12:05 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  substance abuse prevention/case management course recommendations? Whitepines 7 1,567 01-04-2021, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Alpha