Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US History I
I passed my first clep test. It was not easy, but I squeezed by with a 51. I have to be honest though. I knew those questions backwards and forwards, but I dont think there were more than 30 or so of the Instacert questions on there. Is this going to be the case of all tests that I attempt?

TImCool
If you only use IC, and do not have previous background knowledge, you are not going to be able to answer all of the questions with absolute certainty you are giving the correct answers. I don't think IC by itself is meant to give you a perfect score, only a passing one.
Excelsior, BS, pursuing degree

Completed:
CLEP: Hum. (67), Hist. of U.S. I (74), Hist. of U.S. II (71), Intro. Psych. (69), Intro. Soc. (72), Soc. Sci. and Hist. (74), Western Civ I (72), Western Civ II (70), Am. Lit. (60), Intro. to Educ. Psych. (62), P. of Management (74), P. of Market. (74), Intro. Bus. Law (67), P. of Accounting (60), AmGov (68)
DSST: Ethics in Am. (76), P. of Super.(67), HRM (65), Intro to Bus. (70), MIS (65), P. of Fin (62), M&B (65), P. of Stat. (68)
ECE: OB (B)
TECEP:: IntFin, SecAna

Others

Total Credits: 129
tsullivan0112 Wrote:I passed my first clep test........ but I dont think there were more than 30 or so of the Instacert questions on there. Is this going to be the case of all tests that I attempt?

TImCool

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]First - Congrats!!

Second - NO NO NO NO NO!!! IC will give you the SKILLS to answer the questions and a baseline of information on any particular subject, not the actual questions themselves!!

With any subject you study you must immerse yourself in it and absorb everything you can. This is why additional resources, including previous knowledge is so critical of you want to leap beyond just barely passing. Good Luck!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Congrats on passing your exam!! I have to concur with the others thus far. IC, on some exams, is perfectly enough to pass. Others, it's great at reinforcing stuff you may already know, or at least an amazing supplement to other resources.
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
The info is so helpful!

Etta
I am glad to have passed my first CLEP test. I am thinking of taking the Principles of Management next. Anyone had experience on that one? Thanks!

Tim
Rolleyes
tsullivan0112 Wrote:I am glad to have passed my first CLEP test. I am thinking of taking the Principles of Management next. Anyone had experience on that one? Thanks!

Tim
Rolleyes

I think that IC is definitely enough to pass Prin. of Management....but the key is, know the IC material VERY WELL. If you do that, then you should be able to pass by a good margin.
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College

i second matymus' message ~ IC is enough to pass prin. of management. i passed it with a 70+ score using IC only. good luck! =]
BFlat Wrote:Nobody here ever talks about learn-ing? yeah, what is that? Who cares about that? ....But now the monkey keeps complaining that the entire experience has left him somewhat unfulfilled because he was just passing things instead of learning anything. ...okay, just kidding, sorry. but this forum is so ridiculously positive, I thought it needed a little jab with some ....
(tv gone to black screen)

Your post has left me somewhat unfulfilled as well. Nice attempt at comic relief. Don't quit your day job. God-willing, the black-screen at the end was symbolic of your last post.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
barcotta Wrote:Your post has left me somewhat unfulfilled as well. Nice attempt at comic relief. Don't quit your day job. God-willing, the black-screen at the end was symbolic of your last post.

Did I miss something here? Who says we don't actually 'learn' something while studying for these exams?? I think we learn alot. Honestly, if you look at those that go to a B&M school...I challenge people to ask them a month after graduation....'What did you learn in college?'. I'm willing to bet that once they get through each class....they brain-dump. Instinctively, that's what happens...unless it's a subject that you're passionate about, or unless it truly has to do with your specific area of education. Even then, there is no way that you'll remember it all. So....yes, I think we do learn...quite a bit, actually. I think Barcotta's right on this one...it was an interesting attempt at comic relief. :-) Nice try, though.
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 533 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,218 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,288 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 637 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 659 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 585 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone taken the ONU Your Way HIS 379 Latin American History and Politics course Insert Name 10 1,655 03-13-2022, 08:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food -- ISO feedback sammeecat 9 2,160 08-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Looking For UPPER LEVEL History Courses tls7291 7 1,445 05-04-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: tls7291
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,469 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007