Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI portfolio review / credit for experience
(06-24-2024, 08:31 AM)Kjnova Wrote: Thanks, have you used portfolio review, or is that based on what Jessica or others said about it?

She essentially also advised me to just take the classes. But the two I picked are ones where I think I really have a strong case, especially Change Management, where I have seven Agile certificates including Team Coach. I wonder if a lot of people throw spaghetti at a wall hoping it will stick. I can see how it would be tempting, because nearly everyone with work experience has at least a little exposure to most of these topics.

I am going to try some via Study.com also, but I only have a week before UMPI classes begin and still need to get through Sophia Business Law 1 and Sophia Business Ethics, and I am not sure it would be efficient to be doing Study.com and UMPI at the same time (but maybe it is). So I might be limited to one or two Study.com classes in the time I have available ... we'll see.

Thanks!

I wasted over a year trying to get credit for everything that "I felt" that I deserved credit for, especially on my military Joint Service Transcripts.
In the end, the classes were so fast at UMPI, that I feel you're much better off just taking the classes at UMPI, instead of fighting to get credit for a few classes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sean1234's post:
  • Kjnova
(06-24-2024, 04:05 PM)Kjnova Wrote: We should probably shift discussion of me picking between BABA and BLS to the other thread:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Management

So they don't get duplicative. This one was to try to see if anybody has actually tried to get UMPI portfolio credit.

For a brief answer, though, I do feel some urgency to check the box. My situation is somewhat specific, probably not unique, but I do have a set of factors that matter to me that may not matter in every situation. I am trying to balance rushed and urgent box-checking with what I think will be the ultimately more valuable degree.

I'm a VP of People and what I found in their requirement for it was I could finish the degree faster. 

I did a BLS, Management, Business Admin, and Project Management minors.  I can give you my plan which is 10 classes at UMPI, the Google PM Cert from Coursera, and the rest at Sophia.   I did 11 classes at UMPI because I started out doing BABA Management & Leadership.   I finished 11 classes at UMPI and my Google Cert in 4 weeks (not working weekends really).   

A valuable degree to me was anything I could finish quickly so I could go on to do my Masters.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes CCCollege's post:
  • Kjnova
(07-04-2024, 11:18 PM)Sean1234 Wrote: I wasted over a year trying to get credit for everything that "I felt" that I deserved credit for, especially on my military Joint Service Transcripts.
In the end, the classes were so fast at UMPI, that I feel you're much better off just taking the classes at UMPI, instead of fighting to get credit for a few classes.

A year? Yikes! You could have completed your degree with months to spare sadly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 10 828 3 hours ago
Last Post: Bunnies2012
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 30 3,891 Today, 07:12 AM
Last Post: azmusic
  European studying umpi your pace . MuneebAzhar 70 4,351 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: kakasahib
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 32 9,330 08-23-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 0 315 08-21-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 323 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Language requirements at UMPI yc1981 9 919 08-16-2024, 11:08 PM
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 660 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 678 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  ENEB to UMPI MAOL? ecdw94 6 534 08-16-2024, 11:24 AM