• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI YourPace Liberal Arts- Education Minor Degree Plan
Degree wanted: Bachelor's

Community College Credits: 63
Sophia Credits: 15

No other credits or military experience

Program: Liberal Arts with Education Minor at UMPI YourPace

Credit Details- Here are the credits I'll be transferring to UMPI:

Community College: (All are 3 credits except for the ones noted 4.)
ENG 103- Eng Comp 1 
ENG 116- Eng Comp 2
PSY 101- Principles of Psychology
SOC 101- Principles of Sociology
ENG 247- Women in Literature 1
HIS 106- History of the American People Since 1865
SPA 102- Elementary Spanish 2 (4)
PCS 101- Public Speaking
BIO 126- Biology 1 (4)
SCI 103- Astronomy (4)
MAT 107- College Algebra (4)
MAT 105- Introduction to Algebra
MAT 106- Intermediate Algebra
PHI 104- Intro to Ethics
GEO 101- Planet Earth (4)
ANT 104- Cultural Anthropology
BIO 194- Comprehensive Anatomy & Physiology (4)
BUS 111- Intro to Business

Sophia: (All are suggested to be 3 credits.)
HIST 1020- US Govt
STAT 1001- Intro to Statistics
ENG 1001- English Comp 1
ECON 1010- Personal Finance
HIST 1001- US History 1

I'm looking for some advice on what courses to take on Sophia (or study.com if Sophia doesn't have it) so that I can fill up my 56 credits of electives.

My UMPI Gen Eds will be done except for 2D, 2E and FYS (first year seminar) which I plan to do through UMPI as soon as I start.

MAT 106, MAT 107, BUS 111 and ECON 1010 will probably be transferred as electives, so I can estimate that I have 12 out of 56 electives done at this time. 

So far I have written down the following courses I should take on Sophia:

Environmental Science, in case GEO 101 Planet Earth doesn't transfer to UMPI Learning Objective 3D

Intro to Chem, in case SCI 103 Astronomy doesn't transfer to UMPI Learning Objective 3D or 3E

Art History 1, to fill Learning Objective 2E

Visual Communications, to fill Learning Objective 2D

(If GEO 101 and SCI 103 DO transfer to those learning objectives, Env Sci and Intro to Chem will be electives, and I want to take those anyway.)

You may have noticed I took Eng Comp 1 twice, once at my cc and once on Sophia. That's because the college I was going to go to wouldn't accept my cc English Comp 1 and made it an elective. So I did the Sophia one which transferred to that college as a requirement.

My plan is to take all the gen eds (except for FYS) and all the electives before my first session with UMPI so I can save as much money as possible. I already know that this yourpace online learning style works for me and I have plenty of time to devote to studying and classwork.

Also, what Sophia or Study.com courses can I take that will transfer to the following core courses for my Education minor?

EDU 152- Intro to Education
EDU 153- Social Foundations of Education in a Diverse World
EDU 210- Intro to Pedagogy
EDU 287- Teaching Students with Special Needs in Inclusive Classrooms
EDU 302- Teaching and Learning in a Proficiency-Based System
EDU 305- Designing and Maintaining Effective Learning Environments
EDU 357- Children's Literature
Just remember that you need a minimum of 10 classes at UMPI and that you need 24 UL elective credits (8 classes) from the BLS. According to the current Wiki plan, you would take all of your core courses at UMPI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

For some of your upper level at Sophia, you can complete the following at Sophia: Business Law, Business Ethics, Project Management. You could also complete a couple of UL classes on Study dot com (pretty much anything).
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • RachelB
(05-16-2024, 01:19 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: Just remember that you need a minimum of 10 classes at UMPI and that you need 24 UL elective credits (8 classes) from the BLS. According to the current Wiki plan, you would take all of your core courses at UMPI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

For some of your upper level at Sophia, you can complete the following at Sophia: Business Law, Business Ethics, Project Management. You could also complete a couple of UL classes on Study dot com (pretty much anything).

Thank you for replying. Completing all my core classes at UMPI sounds like a good plan.

What does UL mean? (I did Google it but still not sure.)   Edit: Never mind, upper level, I get it now

Are you saying that out of the 56 electives, 24 have to be UL and 32 can be whatever I want? (On the wiki, it says 38 can be whatever I want, but 24 plus 38 is 62 and I only need 56 electives.)
(05-16-2024, 01:19 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: Just remember that you need a minimum of 10 classes at UMPI and that you need 24 UL elective credits (8 classes) from the BLS. According to the current Wiki plan, you would take all of your core courses at UMPI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

Project Management is a LL course at UMPI.
Oops, 3 of my CC credits won't transfer because I got a D many years ago. Here's what I have for a plan:

CC credits- 60
Sophia credits already completed- 15
Total credits complete- 75
Max credits allowed to transfer into UMPI- 90

15 credits left to transfer:
3- Environmental science- Sophia
3- Business law- Sophia, UL
3- Art history- Sophia
3- Visual comm, Sophia
3- Intro to chem, Sophia

That's EXACTLY 90 credits! And four of the above will transfer as learning objectives JUST in case some from my CC do not. Otherwise, they'll be electives.
(05-16-2024, 01:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Project Management is a LL course at UMPI.

Oops, my mistake, thanks for catching that - the other UL class is Microbiology, which comes in as BIO-316

Business Ethics - BUS-353 Legal & Ethical Issues in Bus
Business Law - BUS-350 Business Law I
Microbiology - BIO-316 General Microbiology
Microbiology Lab - BIO-3XX Biology Elective
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
That's the reason people do a second minor and add the 4 classes that go towards the MAOL... The 3 classes in the education minor does not go towards the 24 upper level requirements. 3 transferred from Sophia.org plus the extra 4 is 7, you still need to take an extra upper level somewhere, so do that at UMPI to get another minor if you wanted.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ecomony

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 5 173 2 hours ago
Last Post: allvia
  BABA Marketing from UMPI Raza Shah 0 59 Yesterday, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Raza Shah
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 249 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 237 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 198 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 535 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 2 244 09-15-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 284 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 297 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 147 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM