Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI PM and IT Degree plan
Hi, I am looking into getting a bachelor's degree in information systems or a computer-related field at WGU.

The accelerated BS and MS look good but I really don't have much money right now. Any advice would be appreciated. I have some credits from my previous university (18 cr), high school, and a college diploma. I reside in Canada. If other colleges or universities are cheaper, I am open to doing them. 

Thanks
Please fill out the template and addendum here so that we can offer better advice: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@Shipe, Welcome to the board, that's a very brief introduction post with a little bits and pieces of info. I second that addendum and template, the more details, the better as it would provide a better and bigger overview picture of your scenario. Once you have updated us on your situation, we'll know your commitments, study habits, etc and will be better equipped to assist you further... You may be better off with UMPI or another option, it depends on the compact, complete, concise info you provide us...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I know you can transfer up to 90cr to UMPI but am still confuse about the attached excel file degree plan.
I downloaded this degree plan attached excel from reddit. 

In the attached excel.
Sophia will be 86
Coursera 58
Which total to 159 credit.

I already have this classes from another university I attended.
Intro to Computer 3 credit
International development studies 6 credit
Human and environment interaction 3
Microeconomics 3 credit
Web development 3 credit
Intro to University 3 credit

1. Am trying not to take extra classes I do not need. Am trying to understand why the total credit in the plan is up to 159 credit and which 90 credit should i take to transfer into UMPI.
2. Do each Coursera class transfer in as 3 credit or more. Does it satisfy one class or multiple.

Thank you

Attached Files
.xlsx   Degree Planning BBA PM & Info Systems.xlsx (Size: 29.11 KB / Downloads: 11)
Nice update, but there's still not enough information to go by... It seems you've switched gears from WGU to UMPI now. It's great you're asking questions to get the hang of things, but you're not answering or helping those who want to provide you guidance. You really need to follow up with what was recommended in your previous thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...g-into-WGU

Your Location: Canada. 
Your Age: 29 
What kind of degree do you want?: PM and IT @ UMPI
Current Regional Accredited Credits: Break apart by school for ease of reading. Regional means the school has a regional accrediation. If you don't have any, that's okay leave it blank!

University from CANADA total credit: 21
ACS 1453 Intro to Computer 3 credit C
IDS 1100 International development studies 6 credit B
ENV 1600 Human and environment interaction 3 C
ECON 1102 Microeconomics 3 credit C
Web development 3 credit D
MULT 1000 Intro to University 3 credit

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 15
Sophia Credits: 24
BUS 150: Introduction to Financial Accounting, 3,  B
Macroeconomics, 3, B
Introduction To to Nutrition, 3, B
BUS 101: Introduction to Business, 3, A
Principle of management InProgress

COURSERA
Google cyber security certification.

Update:

Budget: I have a max of $3K saved up.  I'd like to go the cheapest route possible, but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: Honestly, just kids/spouse. I currently work full time and can work on my studies part time or in the evenings/weekends.
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the night or weekends as long as my schedule is free. I estimate at least 3 hours every week night and on the weekends, maybe 25 hours.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish less than 1 year.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No.

Don't really care about either test-out or competency based education, will take which is the fastest.
Your Location: Canada.

Your Age: 29
What kind of degree do you want?: PM and IT @ UMPI
Current Regional Accredited Credits: Break apart by school for ease of reading. Regional means the school has a regional accrediation. If you don't have any, that's okay leave it blank!

University from CANADA total credit: 21
ACS 1453 Intro to Computer 3 credit C
IDS 1100 International development studies 6 credit B
ENV 1600 Human and environment interaction 3 C
ECON 1102 Microeconomics 3 credit C
Web development 3 credit D
MULT 1000 Intro to University 3 credit

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 15
Sophia Credits: 24
BUS 150: Introduction to Financial Accounting, 3, B
Macroeconomics, 3, B
Introduction To to Nutrition, 3, B
BUS 101: Introduction to Business, 3, A
Principle of management InProgress

COURSERA
Google cyber security certification.

Update:

Budget: I have a max of $3K saved up. I'd like to go the cheapest route possible, but will consider spending more for easy and fast.
Commitments: Honestly, just kids/spouse. I currently work full time and can work on my studies part time or in the evenings/weekends.
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the night or weekends as long as my schedule is free. I estimate at least 3 hours every week night and on the weekends, maybe 25 hours.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal. I would like to finish less than 1 year.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No.

Don't really care about either test-out or competency based education, will take which is the fastest.

(06-02-2024, 11:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Nice update, but there's still not enough information to go by... It seems you've switched gears from WGU to UMPI now.  It's great you're asking questions to get the hang of things, but you're not answering or helping those who want to provide you guidance. You really need to follow up with what was recommended in your previous thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...g-into-WGU

Thank you.
@Shipe, Good update with the template, you're a perfect candidate for UMPI PM & IS and ladder to UMPI MAOL (or the accelerated WGU BSIT/MS program). Cool, I would recommend you to continue with Sophia.org, use Study.com with my discount code for some classes, then finish off the remainder with UMPI. Study.com Offer: 25% off the first month Link: https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU

I am going to merge your other thread and place it into the Degree Advice subforum, so we get the full picture of where you are and what your next steps are as well. BTW, you a Winnipeg Jets fan? They made it pretty far this year and did pretty well overall... Here's the WIKI for UMPI degree plans, follow through with these: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

(06-03-2024, 11:50 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Shipe, Good update with the template, you're a perfect candidate for UMPI PM & IS and ladder to UMPI MAOL (or the accelerated WGU BSIT/MS program).  Cool, I would recommend you to continue with Sophia.org, use Study.com with my discount code for some classes, then finish off the remainder with UMPI.  Study.com Offer: 25% off the first month Link: https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU

I am going to merge your other thread and place it into the Degree Advice subforum, so we get the full picture of where you are and what your next steps are as well.  BTW, you a Winnipeg Jets fan? They made it pretty far this year and did pretty well overall...  Here's the WIKI for UMPI degree plans, follow through with these: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI
Thank you for the quick reply.

Please am more confuse about the whole thing. can you please reply base on my question as to get more clarity.

I know you can transfer up to 90cr to UMPI but am still confuse about the attached excel file degree plan.
I downloaded this degree plan attached excel from reddit. 

In the attached excel.
Sophia will be 86
Coursera 58
Which total to 159 credit.

I already have this classes from another university I attended.
Intro to Computer 3 credit
International development studies 6 credit
Human and environment interaction 3
Microeconomics 3 credit
Web development 3 credit
Intro to University 3 credit

1. Am trying not to take extra classes I do not need. Am trying to understand why the total credit in the plan is up to 159 credit and which 90 credit should i take to transfer into UMPI.
2. Do each Coursera class transfer in as 3 credit or more. Does it satisfy one class or multiple.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Degree Planning BBA PM & Info Systems.xlsx (Size: 29.11 KB / Downloads: 4)
Just an FYI....UMPI does not offer IT programs. The BABA with PM & IS Concentration is Information Systems. It's really not IT. With the programming and database course, you won't learn enough to really be able to use it. If you really want IT look at WGU's programs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 14 643 9 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Accelerated Degree Plan For New Career new_start2025+ 7 143 13 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Electronics degree online msa145 2 30 30 minutes ago
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Graduating Faster Plan? Or purchase degree hacking course TheSuccessPlug 15 418 09-05-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: wow
  Nonniemouse - Degree Planning Help Nonniemouse 2 197 09-04-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: zonny61
  UMPI BA Project Management Billyjoe2308 5 189 09-02-2024, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Billyjoe2308
  aiming for acupuncture degree, need help with CBE bachelors plan teadrinker000 16 502 09-01-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SNHU CS Degree plan FullFocus 14 1,245 08-31-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Doner
  SNHU India Degree Plan apple26 7 324 08-31-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Doner
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 13 1,156 08-31-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Dr Tree Man