Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI GPA Question
Okay so I'm 3 weeks into my first and hopefully only session at UMPI.  I've completed 5 of my 10 needed classes and so far have straight 4s on ALL of my finals.  I'm hoping that means I will get A+ in each of those classes.  That being said how will my GPA be calculated?  Will it also take into account grades from RA credits I transferred into UMPI as well?  I don't know exactly which courses will get utilized towards my degree and which ones won't as I transferred in 115 credits.  That said I was hoping to graduate with honors and some of my grades I transferred in are Cs on classes that I know for sure I need, like math.

I think I may have found the answer on their website but it's hard to know for sure without someone who has graduated recently chiming in since UMPIs policies for yourpace seem to change daily.

Transfer Policies & Practices
Transferring students must provide official transcripts reflecting all previous post-secondary coursework.
An evaluation of transfer credit will be prepared by the Transfer Officer for each accepted transfer student, and will be available in the student’s MaineStreet Student Center. The transfer student should meet with an academic advisor at the receiving university to review how the transfer credit will be applied toward the student’s degree program. Transfer evaluations will be prepared based on the following principles:
Within the University of Maine System: Undergraduate courses completed with a C- or higher, including P grades, will transfer from one UMS university to another. Grades will be recorded on the student’s transcript but not computed into the cumulative GPA.
Outside the University of Maine System: Credit earned with a C- or higher in courses from regionally accredited colleges/universities outside the UMS will be considered for transfer. Pass-fail courses taken outside the UMS must have “pass” defined as a C- or higher in order to transfer.
Generally, course grades do not transfer from one college/ university to another. Semester and cumulative GPA’s reflect only those courses taken at the home university. Students in cooperative degree programs should inquire about any exceptions that may apply.
Coursework defined as developmental by the University to which the student is transferring will not be awarded degree credit. Developmental courses are considered preparatory to college-level work, and will not count towards a degree.
Courses from colleges and universities outside the United States will be accepted for transfer consistent with established university policies and practices.
Only courses you take at UMPI count towards your GPA, and all of these count, so you can take easier courses outside your required ones to boost your overall GPA.
Regarding rubrics, Dr Zaborney, who is the instructor for a lot of courses in history and political sciences, replied to me that all 4s on rubrics can range from A-to A+ in letter grades.
(04-02-2023, 12:09 PM)Robin Ahmed Wrote: Only courses you take at UMPI count towards your GPA, and all of these count, so you can take easier courses outside your required ones to boost your overall GPA.
Regarding rubrics, Dr Zaborney, who is the instructor for a lot of courses in history and political sciences, replied to me that all 4s on rubrics can range from A-to A+ in letter grades.

Thank you!
Getting all 4s does not mean that you will get A+. You will most likely get A, but adding + to it is up to your professor.
When I was taking BUS415, professor Dorsey said that out of 45 students enrolled that session, many got A, but only 1 got A+.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • ss20ts
A+ and A are both worth 4.0 per credit. There's no difference in the GPA between them.
(04-04-2023, 12:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote: A+ and A are both worth 4.0 per credit. There's no difference in the GPA between them.

Thank you, makes sense.  Makes me laugh actually when I think about someone saying "I'm giving it 110%".... really, cause that's impossible.
Well, back in high school, we had bonus points, so for some of our quizzes, we had bonus points and I had a 109% before... At the end of the day though, try your best, hope for the best, and if the score is an A (that's all that matters). I wouldn't over think too much in regards to alternative ACE credits, but for graded RA credits, try to get a good grade for GPA purposes as it may affect graduate admissions down the road...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MAOL - Save For Last Class Question CCCollege 0 43 Yesterday, 11:37 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
Question Transfer credit question Educated Wombat 1 53 Yesterday, 10:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 836 Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Last Post: thomasfrank
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 91,597 Yesterday, 05:54 PM
Last Post: psychcs
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 15 673 09-17-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 4 458 09-17-2024, 02:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 702 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 231 09-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 223 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS ashkir 35 18,565 09-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DavidGood