Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Evaluation
BetaBen Wrote:I was two classes away from graduating at TESU, but figured I could get through UMPI faster and for less cost. The sound of 30 pages gives me anxiety about my decision. That said, I can get through study.com courses in 7-10 days when there is a paper, but I have not needed to write more than 15 pages per course and don't have any experience with charts.

Interesting... If I was just two classes from TESU graduation, I would have bit the bullet to finish faster probably with them. Is it just the cornerstone/capstone you're missing?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Novo
(05-20-2021, 04:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 04:19 PM)BetaBen Wrote: I was two classes away from graduating at TESU, but figured I could get through UMPI faster and for less cost. The sound of 30 pages gives me anxiety about my decision. That said, I can get through study.com courses in 7-10 days when there is a paper, but I have not needed to write more than 15 pages per course and don't have any experience with charts.

Don't stress! Everything you need for the papers is given to you. You follow the instructions and the rubric. You get to submit a rough draft and the professor responds with feedback. You make the changes needed - if there are any - and you then submit your final version. it's not bad at all. I didn't have any classes take me 10 days at UMPI. I finished several in 3 days or less including the Final Assessment.

Thanks! I guess I am a bit jumpy as I had a bad experience with the last course I took with a college. Mainly because of vague instructions and rubric that didn't align with the instructor's expectations. It even showed that the average score on some of the essays was a 2.5 out of 5 on the first attempt! I have never seen a college course that shows you what other students scored before. 

Having feedback and specific instructions could be a lifesaver. Thanks for making me feel better about it!

(05-20-2021, 05:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
BetaBen Wrote:I was two classes away from graduating at TESU, but figured I could get through UMPI faster and for less cost. The sound of 30 pages gives me anxiety about my decision. That said, I can get through study.com courses in 7-10 days when there is a paper, but I have not needed to write more than 15 pages per course and don't have any experience with charts.

Interesting... If I was just two classes from TESU graduation, I would have bit the bullet to finish faster probably with them.  Is it just the cornerstone/capstone you're missing?

Yes. The cornerstone/capstone and the civics requirement. I was ready to go for TESU's BSBA in CIS, but I was concerned about how they violated the ADA with Ashkir and their mixed reputation for communicating with students. Finishing quickly is ideal for me, and I thought that 10 courses at UMPI could be close to the amount of work needed for the cornerstone and capstone at TESU (I was planning to take 6 months for the cornerstone and capstone). I also really like the idea of having support if I get stuck as well.

Though, I'm not sure I am as efficient at studying as Ashkir or ss20ts. I suppose I tend to second guess myself a bit too much due to anxiety issues.  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like BetaBen's post:
  • Novo, rachel83az
I would suggest getting the American Government course done with InstantCertCredit and whatever you need to transfer over and then complete the rest at UMPI, I think you should be able to complete in two terms just like Ashkir. I wouldn't worry too much about speed, just pace yourself...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • BetaBen
(05-20-2021, 08:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would suggest getting the American Government course done with InstantCertCredit and whatever you need to transfer over and then complete the rest at UMPI, I think you should be able to complete in two terms just like Ashkir.  I wouldn't worry too much about speed, just pace yourself...

Thanks BJ. It would be awesome to finish in two terms! A degree for the holidays is my goal. Smile
So, I was able to reduce the number of courses that I need to complete at UMPI to 10!

That said, I was wondering if it would be worth transferring in HUM 103: Creative Decision Making rather than BUS 415: Operations Management. If UMPI's Operations Management is needed to do well in the remaining upper levels I think it would make sense to take it at UMPI. Though, I did learn a lot from SDC's Operations Management and SDC's Humanities 201: Critical Thinking & Analysis is more work than the equivalent course at UMPI. Does anyone have insight on this?
(06-07-2021, 12:02 PM)BetaBen Wrote: So, I was able to reduce the number of courses that I need to complete at UMPI to 10!

That said, I was wondering if it would be worth transferring in HUM 103: Creative Decision Making rather than BUS 415: Operations Management. If UMPI's Operations Management is needed to do well in the remaining upper levels I think it would make sense to take it at UMPI. Though, I did learn a lot from SDC's Operations Management and SDC's Humanities 201: Critical Thinking & Analysis is more work than the equivalent course at UMPI. Does anyone have insight on this?

Op Man at UMPI is pretty easy. I took it in the spring and my Final Assessment was a Power Point presentation. I transferred in Art History from a college so I didn't take HUM 103. Have you asked if any other Humanities courses from Study.com will be accepted? All of Study's courses have way more content than any course I took at UMPI.
(06-07-2021, 12:13 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 12:02 PM)BetaBen Wrote: So, I was able to reduce the number of courses that I need to complete at UMPI to 10!

Op Man at UMPI is pretty easy. I took it in the spring and my Final Assessment was a Power Point presentation. I transferred in Art History from a college so I didn't take HUM 103. Have you asked if any other Humanities courses from Study.com will be accepted? All of Study's courses have way more content than any course I took at UMPI.

Thanks for the response. I'll ask about other Humanities courses. I did already take Op Man at SDC, but maybe it would be better to find a quick SDC option to cover Humanities.

Sweet!  So which Study.com/Instacert courses you end up transferring in?  Do you have a Pdf or spreadsheet of what these courses came in as?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • BetaBen
(06-07-2021, 10:06 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Sweet!  So which Study.com/Instacert courses you end up transferring in?  Do you have a Pdf or spreadsheet of what these courses came in as?

Sure! I just finished a spreadsheet going over everything that I transferred (see attached). I included the courses and their providers as well as how they fit in with the BABA in Management and Leadership.

Attached Files
.xlsx   UMPI BABA Plan.xlsx (Size: 15.03 KB / Downloads: 30)
[-] The following 1 user Likes BetaBen's post:
  • Novo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BABA Marketing from UMPI Raza Shah 0 59 Yesterday, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Raza Shah
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 532 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  UMPI BA Project Management Billyjoe2308 5 294 09-02-2024, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Billyjoe2308
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 13 1,229 08-31-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Dr Tree Man
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan,Urgent Help Needed! edward.ri 1 282 08-28-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 18 1,344 08-26-2024, 09:00 AM
Thumbs Up UMPI PM & IS Degree. Complete Newbie TooNee 10 894 08-25-2024, 12:17 AM
  Seeking Advice on Fast-Tracking a Bachelor's Degree in PM+IS from UMPI Fiona 4 453 07-23-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Checking the box - TAMUC or UMPI westex93 6 559 07-22-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: txc1500
  UMPI YourPace BLS Educational Studies Minor ecomony 3 284 07-16-2024, 11:12 PM